Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stupunts

Newbie Worried

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Hope you can help me here - a long time lurker but new to actual punting.

Went out the other night and got a bit drunk and decided to visit a parlour - long story short I can't remember if I wore a condom or not and am now panicing - I have no symptoms but it was only a few nights ago so :-

Do I book an appointment with a GUM now or do you have to wait 10 days ?

Can you just go to any GUM ?

I remember the lady having condoms on the bedside but not putting 1 on - it is normal pratice to wear them ? (I aint no Brad Pitt so can't see the lady in question being consumed with lust at the sight of my boabie)

How previlaint is HIV ?

Sorry if these seem daft questions its just I am worried sick

Any advice would help

Cheers

S

I believe most places require you to wear protection. Although there's no harm in getting checked up just to be sure.

Do I book an appointment with a GUM now or do you have to wait 10 days ?

Most common STIs have an incubation period of about a week. Unless you develop any symptoms, I would leave it that long and then pop along to the GUM for a checkup. Unfortunately, HIV has a longer incubation before detection is possible. My GUM clinic says a minimum of a month after possible exposure before tests are reliable. You can ask the nurse/doctor at your GUM how long they recommend before you come back for a second set of tests.

Can you just go to any GUM ?

Yep. The NHS ones are great. Many offer a walk-in service. Check on the web as to which is your nearest and whether you need an appointment. They are confidential, and you don't even need to give your real name. Mine just want a mobile telephone no so that they can text my results to me 4 days later (best text ever is the "Results all clear. No need to contact us" text).

I remember the lady having condoms on the bedside but not putting 1 on - it is normal pratice to wear them ? (I aint no Brad Pitt so can't see the lady in question being consumed with lust at the sight of my boabie)

In my experience it is incredibly rare for a WG not to use a condom (in fact it has never happened to me - thankfully, otherwise I'd be out of there like a shot). Some WGs offer bareback as a service, but you would have to ask for this and most WGs would charge extra for it. I can't imagine a parlour condoning such practices. If the lady had condoms on the bedside table, the odds are that she would have put one on you for sex.

How previlaint is HIV ?

Not terribly, especially amongst conscientious WGs, who tend to have a better sexual health than sexually active girls on civvie street. I wouldn't worry yourself unduly, but DO go and get tested once the requisite amount of time has passed.

Do you remember actually having sex? Someone that inebriated there is a good chance you could not rise to the occasion anyway.

Hi all, Hope you can help me here - a long time lurker but new to actual punting. Went out the other night and got a bit drunk and decided to visit a parlour - long story short I can't remember if I wore a condom or not and am now panicing - I have no symptoms but it was only a few nights ago so :- Do I book an appointment with a GUM now or do you have to wait 10 days ? Can you just go to any GUM ? I remember the lady having condoms on the bedside but not putting 1 on - it is normal pratice to wear them ? (I aint no Brad Pitt so can't see the lady in question being consumed with lust at the sight of my boabie) How previlaint is HIV ? Sorry if these seem daft questions its just I am worried sick Any advice would help Cheers S

Excellent information given by Northwinds. Definitely get checked out at a GUM of your choice, you can easily find one near you online. Its unlikely she would of shagged you BB but not certain, its also unlikely you have caught anything, but again not certain so getting tested is essential in my view. Try not to worry, but i know thats difficult from a broken condom scare i had.

I strongly advise you not to punt that drunk in future but thats of course up to you. I hope you test negative.

Do you remember actually having sex? Someone that inebriated there is a good chance you could not rise to the occasion anyway.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you were that drunk she would have shown you the door, so maybe you imagined that you must have had sex .

Hi

Thanks for the advice pleased to say got checked and all ok (and yep was very daft to punt while drunk - defo not happen again)

Cheers

Stu

Hi Thanks for the advice pleased to say got checked and all ok (and yep was very daft to punt while drunk - defo not happen again) Cheers Stu

I am glad to hear this Stu. :)

Hi

Thanks for the advice pleased to say got checked and all ok (and yep was very daft to punt while drunk - defo not happen again)

Cheers

Stu

Good to hear, and thanks for letting us know. I doubt that too many of us have been losing sleep over this but all too often guys just take the advice (or not) and never come back to let us know how things turned out for them.

I'm sure that you have learned a valuable lesson. Happy sober punting!

....and don't drink and drive either ! :mad:

Edited by busencumen