Coventrypunter

End Of Year Accounts - Record Keeping

wht records do u keep   44 members have voted

1. 1. what records do you kep of your punts

• no records
    • paper records
    • computer records
    • amazing memory

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

just been scanning through the end of year accounts and am amazed how many punters have such detailed data to share.

so are the record keepers a small subset of punters or is this general.

one wonders of some are trainspotters who tick the ladies off in their books!!!

anyway, poll time. do you keep detailed records?

i keep a spreadsheet buried deep on hard drive.

I've just voted "No records", but have been planning to start for a couple of months, so New Year seems a good time to start. I'll keep a spreadsheet - I have kept one before of girls and services, but not costs so far. I'll probably scare myself by about March :eek:

Likewise, a spreadsheet, I find it invaluable.

i keep a spreadsheet buried deep on hard drive.

Same here (with an innocuous name and password protected). I never used to, but I got curious about how much this hobby was actually costing me. I've always estimated about £6K per year, so was somewhat heartened when this years total (just posted on the other thread) came to a tad below that. It's easy to get carried away at this game, so I'll probably keep a running total in future just to keep my spending on target.

i think knowing exactly how much ive spent would just depress me.

however i would like to keep a photo record in the interest of seeing who ive been with.

ive forgotten the face of so many beautiful girls

Voted 'paper' but in my case it's just a discrete cross in my diary so I can keep a count and possibly a cryptic comment to help remember who. Wouldn't want the anguish of recording the costs but unfortunately can usually remember so an end of year account isn't too difficult :-(

just been scanning through the end of year accounts and am amazed how many punters have such detailed data to share. so are the record keepers a small subset of punters or is this general. one wonders of some are trainspotters who tick the ladies off in their books!!! anyway, poll time. do you keep detailed records?

No i dont, i rely on my now failing memory. :)

Don't keep records just rely on my memory many average punts but I seem to remember the ones that are memorable what memories!!!

I just stick them in my outlook calendar.. who, time and duration..

It might look abit anal but id like to know if Im spending to much, getting addicted, etc. so I can keep track of my spending and punting trends.....

For those of you who submit FRs on this site, you already have a computer list of your previous punts, in the form of your stored reports, all with your description of the WG and of the encounter to help relive those pleasent memories ;)

For those of you who submit FRs on this site, you already have a computer list of your previous punts, in the form of your stored reports, all with your description of the WG and of the encounter to help relive those pleasent memories ;)

It's not a comprehensive record as repeat visits are ineligible for FRs. I tend to write FRs for particularly good or poor visits. Average ones I tend not to report.

EverNote - keep it in the cloud with pictures too so I can remember and replay.

I just stick them in my outlook calendar.. who, time and duration..

Now there speaks someone who doesn't share a computer with anyone else :-)

It's not a comprehensive record as repeat visits are ineligible for FRs. I tend to write FRs for particularly good or poor visits. Average ones I tend not to report.

Absolutely. I'd be surprised if many guys wrote an FR on all of their punts, regardless of the interval required between repeat FRs. I reckon I write up about 25% of mine at best.

It's a spreadsheet for me also. It gives basic details such as names, services and the number of times I've seen each wg, but it doesn't have dates (except for a few). I started it after punting for a year or two and thought it might be interesting to look back on when the memory of people dims a little, and so it does whenever I have new information to enter. I've had many happy times punting and a trip down memory lane is always a pleasant one. My recent years would have been far less agreeable without the girls and, without exception, I wish for all those I have met, health and happiness in whatever they have gone on to do, or will go on to do.

I keep a paper record in a notebook. It's just a line for each girl stating name, establishment, cost, date and a tick/cross/star.

It may seem a bit anal/sad, but I like to do it to keep track of my spending and I use it as reference points for the following year and also to compare what I thought was a great punt then, to what I think a great punt is now.

Regarding FR's, I dont write them on all of my punts. I always write one for the good ones, but the couple of really bad ones I have had this year I havent written them, and I have to admit I do regret that. Both of them would have been totally justified. There have also been a few average ones that I havent reported on either, but one I have.

I'm a spreadsheet man.

I enjoy the analysis:

the cumulative total of hours spent punting;

the hours spent with each different girl;

the amount spent;

the time, day and date;

the quantity of consumables;

the contact details;

the description of the girl;

the activities in which we indulged;

the distance travelled;

the mode of travel;