Bangalot

Tineye Equivalent For Iphone

4 posts in this topic

I do all my punting research including posting on here, on my iPhone 3GS.

Is there an app that does the work of tineye?

Thanks

I don't know about that, but Google Imagesearch will allow you to drag an image file into the searchbox to search for matches. You can also put in an image URL (right-click on an image and select copy location) into the searchbox and it'll do an image match search for you. It may help in the meantime until you find a suitable app.

I do prefer to use Tineye for finding image matches myself.

I don't know about that, but Google Imagesearch will allow you to drag an image file into the searchbox to search for matches. You can also put in an image URL (right-click on an image and select copy location) into the searchbox and it'll do an image match search for you. It may help in the meantime until you find a suitable app.

I do prefer to use Tineye for finding image matches myself.

Why do you prefer Tineye out of interest? Google indexes many more times the number of images that Tineye does currently...

A combination of reasons I think. I'm used to Tineye as I've used it more, its interface, its way of presenting results, its features like temporarily caching results for added speed. I find with Google it gives results that are "similar" to the image searched on...most of the results I find sure don't look similar to me though.

So, they might have a bigger pool of indexed images, but surprisingly aren't so good at giving effective results. The matching on Tineye is superior I find. It occurs to me that Google might have more images indexed, however, they include all sorts of filetypes like PDFs and documents, which are less likely to have the images I search for. Of course I could use the Google one as a secondary tool as well, but if using just one for me it's gonna be Tineye for accuracy and ease of use.