Coventrypunter

Watermarking Photos

7 posts in this topic

i see adoresimone has posted complaining about an agency using her photos without her permission to advertise another lady.

think this prompts a discussion about watermarking photos so they cant be reused by other websites.

(I have an interest in this for non punting purposes but I think relevant for here)

So what is the best way of watermarking a photo. what package does it well, and are there any ways of doing it for free.

and are there any watermarking techniques that can be 'undone' by another person.

Cheapest and nastiest free way it can be done is using MS paint, text box over the photo, with font, size, colour and transparacy such that it's there and readable without distracting from the photo itself

i see adoresimone has posted complaining about an agency using her photos without her permission to advertise another lady.

think this prompts a discussion about watermarking photos so they cant be reused by other websites.

(I have an interest in this for non punting purposes but I think relevant for here)

So what is the best way of watermarking a photo. what package does it well, and are there any ways of doing it for free.

and are there any watermarking techniques that can be 'undone' by another person.

Hi, all my photos were watermarked i never ever allowed them to be put online without being watermarked. I think we should ask as well how do these people remove the watermark from them.

I used photoshop to watermark and resize before i put photos online.

trivial to bypass / remove. Can't see the point. Large vissible watermarks put me off.

Of course watermarking can be undone. Its not easy (well: depends what kind of watermarking), but its not exactly difficult for person who are a dab hand in photo editing software.

I've just took picture at the random from some Asian Agency who put watermarks on the picture. With a simple Clone tool I removed it in the matter of the 8-10 min. Yes: its a hatchet job, because I am not an expert. (as well as far from being sober, lol) Still: if people did not knew that it was a watermark there, they would not be the wiser. My hatchet job.