hotknob

Accessing Punternet From Mobiles

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me of any network that block access to Punternet (and other Adult sites).

I know "3" blocks access but don't know about O2,Vodafone,Orange or T Mobile.

I am thinking of getting a new phone and might change supplier so any info appreciated.

Most, if not all, carriers have some sort of "adult content" block in place, but it can be easily removed by proving you are over 18. I use O2 for phone and a T-Mobile dongle for my laptop, no problems once the blocks were removed.

Can anyone tell me of any network that block access to Punternet (and other Adult sites).

I know "3" blocks access but don't know about O2,Vodafone,Orange or T Mobile.

I am thinking of getting a new phone and might change supplier so any info appreciated.

O2 and Vodafone both have adult content blocks. They try to get you to use a credit card to make a payment of a £1 or so, with a promise of a bigger credit back, as credit cards prove you're 18.

If you don't have a credit card (debit cards don't work) O2 say on their web site that you'll need to go into a shop to prove your identify. Simply call them and speak to customer services, tell them what a nonsense this is and they will sort it out over the phone - in my case with O2 I told them over the phone that the length of time I'd been with them was enough to demonstrate my age and they agreed and did it while I was talking. Vodafone sorted it during an on-line chat session.

Edited by jlm42