S Punky

Is January A "quiet Month" For Both Punters And Wg's ?

43 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Happy New Year to you all,

Just sat here wondering if January, as it is in so many other sectors, classed as a quiet month? Would be interesting to know,

Hi All,

Just sat here wondering if January, as it is in so many other sectors, classed as a quiet month? Would be interesting to know,

Happy New Year. Certainly many foreign WGs are away over Christmas into January and February i have found over the years. Some parties i attend can be quieter as well but it as ever depends on the actual day. :)

Thanks for the reply, I was wondering how big a part the financial impact of Christmas has on punting? and that January is a 5 week month, so pay day can seem a long way away!

Or is it the case that there is so much pent up sexual frustration that it just does not matter!

I'm intrigued.

Interestingly, a regular WG was telling me only yesterday that bookings were up slightly already this year but only after an abysmal November & December. I guess every girl you ask will give a different response but no doubt things are not as they were and won't be for some while.

Interestingly, a regular WG was telling me only yesterday that bookings were up slightly already this year but only after an abysmal November & December. I guess every girl you ask will give a different response but no doubt things are not as they were and won't be for some while.

Thanks for that, I agree the economic impact must affect the "Trade" but it would be interesting to hear both from the girls and the blokes.

Thanks in advance

Curious as to what you all think!

It varies, I get a flurry after New Year because I think men are looking for some RnR after a fortnight with wife/kids/mother in law etc!

I guess it all depends. As Lydia stated, I do need some 'RnR' after Christmas and have tried to book meetings with a couple of ladies this week, one a regular, assuming that it would be a quiet week for them as most of us would be busy going back to work and getting back in to routines. Turns out the ladies I have tried to see are all booked up for this week, and much of next. Maybe lots of guys didn't punt in December thinking they'd be spending it all on Christmas and New Years and have now found they have some spare 'fun' money they weren't originally expecting to have.

One of the few areas where there are no January Sales!

My impression is that there is usually a bit of a lull in proceedings in January and February. Then, as Spring appears, a young man's fancy turns to.........................punting!

My impression is that there is usually a bit of a lull in proceedings in January and February. Then, as Spring appears, a young man's fancy turns to.........................punting

As does that of many an old goat :-)

Not had my first punt of 2012 yet (roll on the 20th), so I can't judge whether things are quiet or not.

I can't speak for last year as half of January I was on holiday, but this year so far Jan is looking okay, with quite a few longer bookings which will balance out a higher volume of shorter bookings, but it's still to early to say. Nov & Dec were really good for me (especially as compared to last year). There are just so many factors influencing how it works for each girl, that the unpredictability of WG business sales truly is one of the universal mysteries I would like to see solved!

Hi All,

Yes - January (and Feb) are always quiet. Everyone's skint from Xmas and in Feb paying off their cerdit card debt. My local parlour is very quiet during these periods but biz starts to pick up again in March / April.

Certainly many foreign WGs are away over Christmas into January and February i have found over the years.

Yeah, I had been looking forward to hopefully lining up a spectacular punt to round off 2011, especially as I had decided not to go out on Hogmanay, but I had to make do with an alright one instead. I thought Hogmanay and Christmas would be two of the singularly most popular punting days (along with Valentine's Day) with single guys feeling particularly lonely on those days and wanting to have a bit of female company. But then I realised that, as smiths says, most of the foreign girls seem to have gone back home for Christmas (what are they doing having a personal life, eh?) Particularly gutting as I was in London the weekend before Christmas, and already a lot of girls had gone home, including two stunners I had been eyeing up beforehand :(

One of the few areas where there are no January Sales!

Actually, I have done January Sales in the past but this year I'm not as I am comfortable with the number of bookings I have in my diary already.

I heard a guy from the John Lewis Partnership on the radio yesterday talking about the rise in their sales and profits for the Christmas period. I await the first WG to appear on the World at One to talk to Martha Kearney about the increase/decrease in punting sales!

I heard a guy from the John Lewis Partnership on the radio yesterday talking about the rise in their sales and profits for the Christmas period. I await the first WG to appear on the World at One to talk to Martha Kearney about the increase/decrease in punting sales!

Robert Peston describing the downturn in market conditions, a banker explaining the effect his bonus reduction is having,

'The hardship, I have to wank myself!, ordinary people just don't understand!!'

I could go on, but I'll leave it to an anonymous taxi driver,

'Well Guv, it's so difficult, s'all the foreigners innit, no money around, me, I'm off to Thailand, good time there, and cheap, they know how treat a man there....................'

It varies, I get a flurry after New Year because I think men are looking for some RnR after a fortnight with wife/kids/mother in law etc!

That's me, no chance for a punt for two weeks and as soon as I get the oportunity I'm making up for lost time.

I have found January to be busy - currently and historically. It is February when the credit card statements hit that is the quietest every year.

This year I am going to escape to get some sun!

Happy new year boys and girls.

I could go on, but I'll leave it to an anonymous taxi driver,

'Well Guv, it's so difficult, s'all the foreigners innit, no money around, me, I'm off to Thailand, good time there, and cheap, they know how treat a man there....................'

I love it! :D JRC strikes again!

Looking back at my website stats there seems to be no correlation 'tween months and interest. I've always found the school summer holidays are the slowest season. January does tend to slow for the first week but gathers pace by the last week with discearnable difference to any other month. That said 'quiet periods' do occur but seem to be completely random.

check the Regular Punting Index (RPI) !

Nope, high turnover for me, Feb goes quiet though, the wives etc hit the January sales and the men hit the brothels lol.

then everyone pays the bills in Feb lol

Had my first punt of the year last week and it was like Picadilly Circus. I arrived at the parlour and phoned and was told to wait a couple of minutes. As I was out on the street I could see the door and saw a punter leave. Went in and the woman. who runs the place asked if I wanted any refreshments so I jokingly said I'd like lunch afterwards. After my time she asked again and was quite serious so I said yes. So, into the kitchen she goes and starts preparing the food and then she gets a phone call - a punter has arrived for her. Come back later she says so abandons the the meal and off she goes into the bedroom. Then as I am about to leave the other girl, the one I'd seen, gets a call. She lets me out and I go down the stairs and outside the door on his phone is a young guy who is the next one in. So within an hour or so they get four callers. I drive home and phone the owner. Food next time I say but no she says come back, so I do and get fed! While I was there for nearly an hour they do not get any more visitors. I offer to pay her but she declines. You couldn't make it up.

Spock

Thanks for all the interesting responses, it really does seem to vary. I was talking to a girl yesterday and it seems to be (in her case) that business is still the same "It has ups and downs" (made me laugh!!!) :):D:lol:

Late on this.

I note that, in the North East, all the agencies are listing fewer girls than before the Holiday.