pollyp23

Interesting Point Of View On Prostitution, Sunday Express Problem Pages Today

33 posts in this topic

Husband had been to Thailand and admitting paying for sex, said to wife, "get over it".

Reply was that plenty of men (and some Women) pay for sex and always have. Its not called the oldest profession for nothing.

Try and forgive, but if you can't get over it try ahev a think about the future.

Not quite condoning it, but a recognition that is will continue to happen and that perhaps, its better than having an affair?

Husband had been to Thailand and admitting paying for sex, said to wife, "get over it".

Reply was that plenty of men (and some Women) pay for sex and always have. Its not called the oldest profession for nothing.

Try and forgive, but if you can't get over it try ahev a think about the future.

Not quite condoning it, but a recognition that is will continue to happen and that perhaps, its better than having an affair?

My personal view is that it isn't any better, nor any worse than having an affair - it is simply one option that suits some people just fine. It's legal as long as the girl isn't being forced, so shouldn't be a problem. What goes on between two people who are having a relationship is for them to deal with, and sort out the boundaries.

Agreed Strawberry. It's no so much being better than having an affair as safer...and often easier for a man to justify to himslef.

I would have thought the boundaries started and finished with absolute discretion so that there was nothing to forgive since nobody found out. What a horrible man.

I think punting is easier than an affair since the element of discretion should be a given, there are fewer complications and you can start/stop at will. In affair both partners have to give more consideration to each other when the time comes to end it; far more difficult to make a clean break.

I think punting is easier than an affair since the element of discretion should be a given, there are fewer complications and you can start/stop at will. In affair both partners have to give more consideration to each other when the time comes to end it; far more difficult to make a clean break.

I know someone ( an ex client) who was having an affair and fell in love with the woman. He was going to leave his wife and be with this lady, and on the day he was supposed to be leaving, he got cold feet and backed out. The lady was understandably hurt and angry, but she can't have really loved him since she told his wife who promptly left him. Even if you are discreet when having an affair you can't trust the other party to be the same.

I know someone ( an ex client) who was having an affair and fell in love with the woman. He was going to leave his wife and be with this lady, and on the day he was supposed to be leaving, he got cold feet and backed out. The lady was understandably hurt and angry, but she can't have really loved him since she told his wife who promptly left him. Even if you are discreet when having an affair you can't trust the other party to be the same.

I wouldn't say that, when in love and involved in an affair emotions can get very mixed up, and the situation heated. Whilst it was obviously a backlash by the woman, and not acceptable, I can understand why/how she did that and would not blame her. I'd blame the whole situation and he needs to accept some responsibility too.

I wouldn't say that, when in love and involved in an affair emotions can get very mixed up, and the situation heated. Whilst it was obviously a backlash by the woman, and not acceptable, I can understand why/how she did that and would not blame her. I'd blame the whole situation and he needs to accept some responsibility too.

I was not talking about who should take responsibility. I was merely stating why affairs are dangerous

I agree and that has been the situation in my experience when i had an affair. The problem was a little thing called love popped up making things countless times more complicated and heart wrencing. Punting is a breeze in comparison to that, no strings, sex with who you fancy when you fancy. What a great option to have, thanks to WGs. ;)

I agree and that has been the situation in my experience when i had an affair. The problem was a little thing called love popped up making things countless times more complicated and heart wrencing. Punting is a breeze in comparison to that, no strings, sex with who you fancy when you fancy. What a great option to have, thanks to WGs. wink.png

my sentiments and experience entirely - basically anyone who is contemplating an affair needs to realise that the likelihood is it will either end in disaster or leaving your partner for the new version - and then possibly end in disaster later

long live punting!

my sentiments and experience entirely - basically anyone who is contemplating an affair needs to realise that the likelihood is it will either end in disaster or leaving your partner for the new version - and then possibly end in disaster later

long live punting!

Though it can work...

LEft my partner of 10 years for a lady I knew well socially. 10 years on, still love her to bits, worship her and enjoy her company.

I think a married man who goes off to Thailand alone and comes home to his wife deserves all he gets. I may be a hypocrite but I do not run my wife' nose in my failings. She is blissfully unaware and long may it be so.

I think there is a school of thought by agony aunts that when a man has a fling/pays for sex etc and the wife finds out they are meant to try and mend the relationship for the sake of the kids/mortgage/social standing and so on.

In my experience women rarely leave their cheating partners because she would rather be married than single and keep her nice cosy lifestyle.

In my experience women rarely leave their cheating partners because she would rather be married than single and keep her nice cosy lifestyle.

This is true. I punted whilst married for the last 10 years or so. Then early last year I started having an affair which ended recently, at my volition, causing pain and anguish to all concerned, especially my children. I moved out, now my wife wants me to move back, saying she understands, she forgives me. How can she when I dont forgive myself? And the problem now is that I am quite enjoying my single lifestyle and freedom to punt when and where and how often I wish. Selfish - probably but the thought of returning to that painful love free marriage fills me with dread.

I agree and that has been the situation in my experience when i had an affair. The problem was a little thing called love popped up making things countless times more complicated and heart wrencing. Punting is a breeze in comparison to that, no strings, sex with who you fancy when you fancy. What a great option to have, thanks to WGs. ;)

I didn't love her - more had love for her, but the toll on my head was far greater than the toll will be to my wallet. I paid emotionally in an affair, and the price is too high. Long live the punting world!

I think there is a school of thought by agony aunts that when a man has a fling/pays for sex etc and the wife finds out they are meant to try and mend the relationship for the sake of the kids/mortgage/social standing and so on.

I think the agony aunts do this because they are trying to be politically correct.

I also do not blame the wife for staying with the guy because it is no more than he deserves after he has cheated on her...LOL

Edited by Sarah Summers

spot on mate

Affairs are definitely Risky.

Much More risky then punting.

Though it can work...

LEft my partner of 10 years for a lady I knew well socially. 10 years on, still love her to bits, worship her and enjoy her company.

and visit WGs...

and visit WGs...

Yes. How do I justify doing this? Once a punter, allways a punter? That doesn't justify it though? Good point, will have to sleep on it...

and visit WGs...

For me its utter selfishness putting myself first wanting my cake and to eat it. I have always done this and probably always will.

Yes. How do I justify doing this? Once a punter, allways a punter? That doesn't justify it though? Good point, will have to sleep on it...

Have slept on it. Cuddled the Misses most of the night.

Today I am going to stop wanking and relinquish punting, cancel my membership of all adult sites and become a Monk.

There's a flying pig outside...

I was punting before I met my wife, stopped for a while then continued punting. The way I looked at it was whatever I did before I met her is none of her business and having learned sometimes it best not to be really honest with women about everything she did not know then and does not know now.

Surprised they didn't recommend she get him to call some of the premium rate numbers in the Sexpress's classifieds or subscribe to one of their softpr0n channels instead of punting ;-)

I was punting before I met my wife, stopped for a while then continued punting. The way I looked at it was whatever I did before I met her is none of her business and having learned sometimes it best not to be really honest with women about everything she did not know then and does not know now.

She was having sex with other men before she met you. It was none of your business what she did before she met you. Not sure how you would see it if it was happening now. Hmmm wonder how she would see it now?