jmoon4u

How Do You Get Cash Out Of Joint Account?

80 posts in this topic

HI fellow punters,

Sorry if this is a repeated question but couldn't find a similar post.

I'm fairly new to the scene and enjoy occasional punting perhaps once am month.

Question is as in the topic title, I find it extremely difficult to withdraw cash (80 to 150) out of my joint bank account without feeling my other half is going to be suspicious. She's already asked me about it once before so my last funding came from my colleagues account where I gave him a cheque (it doesn't show on the statement who the recipient is) and asked for the money in cash. As least I can say it was to pay for something >.,< a

Until WG's can take credit card and at the same time allow the statement to show as 'Chinese Takeaway' or something, my only other solution is to withdraw 10's and occasional 20's out from the back few weeks before my cave expedition.

'Show me the Money!'

THanks

HI fellow punters,

Sorry if this is a repeated question but couldn't find a similar post.

I'm fairly new to the scene and enjoy occasional punting perhaps once am month.

Question is as in the topic title, I find it extremely difficult to withdraw cash (80 to 150) out of my joint bank account without feeling my other half is going to be suspicious. She's already asked me about it once before so my last funding came from my colleagues account where I gave him a cheque (it doesn't show on the statement who the recipient is) and asked for the money in cash. As least I can say it was to pay for something >.,< a

Until WG's can take credit card and at the same time allow the statement to show as 'Chinese Takeaway' or something, my only other solution is to withdraw 10's and occasional 20's out from the back few weeks before my cave expedition.

'Show me the Money!'

THanks

jmoon4u, I have exactly the same problem. Fortunately, I have an old personal account I can switch money to from one of our internet accounts. My problem is ensuring I'm around at home when the paper statement arrives, in case her indoors opens the letter first. But if Mrs Dick ever requests a full audit of our net wealth in both paper and on-line accounts, the good Reverend's trusty staff will truly be on the block, along with his orbs.

Even the Capt69 site is inaccessible to me (not that I'd ever want to go there of course, *spits*) because that would show up as "CSN Services" on the card statement which is easily Googliable.

Any suggestions?

cash back at the supermarket etc

... which will appear on the

... which will appear as 'cash out' on the credit card. Unfortunately, my credit cards are joint.

We've always had seperate accounts. She pays for all shopping and kids related stuff. I pay for the rest like bills, mortgage, car, holidays. But she pays all the holiday spending money. It works well for us.

Would it be a big issue if you decided one day to have a seperate account?

Why dont you have your own account? Or get a separate credit card?

HI fellow punters, Sorry if this is a repeated question but couldn't find a similar post. I'm fairly new to the scene and enjoy occasional punting perhaps once am month. Question is as in the topic title, I find it extremely difficult to withdraw cash (80 to 150) out of my joint bank account without feeling my other half is going to be suspicious. She's already asked me about it once before so my last funding came from my colleagues account where I gave him a cheque (it doesn't show on the statement who the recipient is) and asked for the money in cash. As least I can say it was to pay for something >.,< a Until WG's can take credit card and at the same time allow the statement to show as 'Chinese Takeaway' or something, my only other solution is to withdraw 10's and occasional 20's out from the back few weeks before my cave expedition. 'Show me the Money!' THanks

If you have a partner who scrutinizes the joint account you cant, i always had an account with a different bank in my own name giving my dads address as mine so the statements got sent their and he wouldnt ever of said anything to my partner.

cash back when shopping at supermarket is great. just shows as waitrose.....

and they will let u have quite a lot

and get into habit of pulling cash to buy petrol rather than using card at filling station. just play the old fool.

Edited by Coventrypunter

cash back when shopping at supermarket is great. just shows as waitrose.....

and they will let u have quite a lot

and get into habit of pulling cash to buy petrol rather than using card at filling station. just play the old fool.

Good advice regarding paying cash for petrol, exaggerate the real cost and pocket the difference for punting. If this works consider this modus for other purchases. Cashback will still leave some partners asking what you spent the cash on when they later read the statement. Obviously it will come down to how closely she scrutinizes your monthly income, £80-150 a month could be a lot to hide for some but not for others. :)

Have a hobby which involves cash. For example, I collect antiques, many auction houses and all private buyers and sellers use cash. This also gives me an excuse if I had to explain where I was ("going to look at a piece", true anyway...). If the thing is dull enough - stamps being an obvious one - I doubt any woman is going to investigate whether what you have is worth what you claim to have paid for it. Some sports would be the same - I was into gliding for a while and that was both expensive and you usually paid in cash.

Another suggestion if you run up work expenses is have these paid into a separate account, if the amounts aren't so large that they affect your finances I doubt the missus is going to look into your mileage claims or the odd lunch with a client.

Most accounts now have an option not to send paper statements so once it is set up you won't get anything.

I don't use credit cards but debit cards don't say "cash" on the statement when you get cash back at a supermarket, it just has one amount.

charly

1 person likes this

Question is as in the topic title, I find it extremely difficult to withdraw cash (80 to 150) out of my joint bank account without feeling my other half is going to be suspicious.

FFS - Never, ever, ever have a joint account with your wife. Never!

Simples!

Have a hobby which involves cash. For example, I collect antiques, many auction houses and all private buyers and sellers use cash. This also gives me an excuse if I had to explain where I was ("going to look at a piece", true anyway...). If the thing is dull enough - stamps being an obvious one - I doubt any woman is going to investigate whether what you have is worth what you claim to have paid for it. Some sports would be the same - I was into gliding for a while and that was both expensive and you usually paid in cash.

Another suggestion if you run up work expenses is have these paid into a separate account, if the amounts aren't so large that they affect your finances I doubt the missus is going to look into your mileage claims or the odd lunch with a client.

Most accounts now have an option not to send paper statements so once it is set up you won't get anything.

I don't use credit cards but debit cards don't say "cash" on the statement when you get cash back at a supermarket, it just has one amount.

charly

But a partner might notice the cashback when the statement comes and question you on what you spent it on was my point. A hobby like you suggest could work though, best to stick with something you already know about though in case your partner takes an interest or family and friends do when together with your partner at dinner or suchlike.

Cashback is a good idea, you could draw out smaller amounts to build up to the desired punting fee, keeping the cash in a safe place. I am lucky I too have a hobby which generates it's own cash seperate from the normal day to day finances. Though I am not a regular punter, only been the once to date. :)

Oddly enough it never comes up. Mrs L has a very simple view of money. She spends it and assumes I have arranged there being enough money in the bank to cover. As long as the accounts show a surplus each month, she is happy and does not go in for deep analysis. If she did I would be dead in the water.

Mrs Akan declined a joint current account at the outset 40 yrs ago and we always ran our separate credit cards. she ran her own business and I worked offshore around the world so it made sense

Now retired we finally went for a joint account to keep track of the house stuff but still pay our own way from our own accounts. She does trips and I do me two sports

But a partner might notice the cashback when the statement comes and question you on what you spent it on was my point.

Smiths is correct, a supermarket transaction including cashback shows up as a single entry, e.g. Waitrose £67.45. How's the missus going to know how much of that was cash unless you tell her ? And this is the 21st Century, guys. Who still elects for paper statements if you've got a cash outflow that you want to conceal ??? Tell the missus you're doing your bit to save the planet and have opted for online statements !

Edited by Dang Leeballs

I get out cash as £100 or so a time and some portion of this goes into the punting fund. As a punt gets closer the portion that goes in gets higher... It limits my punts, of course, which is probably a good thing as it would be very easy to bankrupt yourself with the punting hobby!

Mark

Cash back in modest amounts each time is the best way. £10 or £20 added to a supermarket bill once in a while can soon add up to a punting kitty. Also, put the odd note away when you do get cash out of a hole in the wall. Just remember to keep your punting cash in a private place.

You are a sneaky lot :ph34r: and they say women are Bad!!

The worst we do, is say a pair of shoes cost £20, when indeed they were really £50 ;)

Reverend you would be extra safe as CSN shows up as http://www.christiansecuritynetwork.org/About-Us/about-us

Even the Capt69 site is inaccessible to me (not that I'd ever want to go there of course, *spits*) because that would show up as "CSN Services" on the card statement which is easily Googliable.

Any suggestions?

FFS - Never, ever, ever have a joint account with your wife. Never!

Simples!

Couldn't agree more!

Although I do have a separate account, I sometimes withdraw money from a joint account too. I know which cashpoint she uses and the sum she normally withdraws, and do the same myself. Then, if she sees it on the statement, I can say "that must have been you, I never take out that much at once". Usually works.

Although I do have a separate account, I sometimes withdraw money from a joint account too. I know which cashpoint she uses and the sum she normally withdraws, and do the same myself. Then, if she sees it on the statement, I can say "that must have been you, I never take out that much at once". Usually works.

careful. my statements online have the last 4 numbers of the debit card as part of the ref so it is obvious which card was used.

Cash in small amounts get a bit more than your needs and stash it till you have enough. That's what I do.

I have half ( theroretically) of a joint account. I "save up" cash during the week and pay for all sorts on a credit card - always have so it's not a big deal) cash builds up to required total for a weekly punt job done.

I did get into trouble years ago when I went OTT on cash withdrawals - had to confess to having too many flutters! ( nearly true)