down

I Dont Understand This?

8 posts in this topic

So I understand that The act of prostitution is not in itself illegal and It is not illegal for an adult to work as a prostitute and to advertise their services in private so if she asks me in private thats not illegal.

but what i dont understand is this one prostitute may work from an indoor premises, but if there are two or more prostitutes the place is considered a brothel and it is an offence. OK well most of the massage parlours I have been to always have more than one person working at them so there fore that must be illegal?? so can some one please explain to me how this works? they must be considered brothels as more than one person is working at them so what is the work around for this situation?

So I understand that The act of prostitution is not in itself illegal and It is not illegal for an adult to work as a prostitute and to advertise their services in private so if she asks me in private thats not illegal.

but what i dont understand is this one prostitute may work from an indoor premises, but if there are two or more prostitutes the place is considered a brothel and it is an offence. OK well most of the massage parlours I have been to always have more than one person working at them so there fore that must be illegal?? so can some one please explain to me how this works? they must be considered brothels as more than one person is working at them so what is the work around for this situation?

Yes, they're brothels, and it's illegal to "keep, or to manage, or act or assist in the management of, a brothel".

Some police forces do not tolerate brothels, and in other areas the police will tolerate them provided that there's no under-age or coerced girls, drugs or nuisance.

Could it be that a massage parlour is not advertising Sex like a single working girl may, a massage parlour is only advertising a massage

Could it be that a massage parlour is not advertising Sex like a single working girl may, a massage parlour is only advertising a massage

yeah they normally offer me a massage but in private the lady offers her services alone so maybe thats the work around.

yeah they normally offer me a massage but in private the lady offers her services alone so maybe thats the work around.

There's no "work around". She's a prostitute and it's a brothel. Even if she was providing only hand-relief, then she'd still be a prostitute (section 78 SOA 2003).

The owners could put up a big flashing neon sign saying "Greengrocers". It wouldn't make a difference, no matter what they call it. It's still a brothel.

I've been to saunas, and they didn't have a sauna. It's just another euphemism for brothel, like massage parlour.

There's no "work around". She's a prostitute and it's a brothel. Even if she was providing only hand-relief, then she'd still be a prostitute (section 78 SOA 2003).

The owners could put up a big flashing neon sign saying "Greengrocers". It wouldn't make a difference, no matter what they call it. It's still a brothel.

I've been to saunas, and they didn't have a sauna. It's just another euphemism for brothel, like massage parlour.

OK thanks. but the only people who could technicaly be breaking the law is the brothel owner and the persons profiting frm prostitution

OK thanks. but the only people who could technicaly be breaking the law is the brothel owner and the persons profiting frm prostitution

Yes, anyone keeping, managing or assisting in the management of a brothel (sections 33/33A SOA 1956), or controlling prostitution for gain (section 53 SOA 2003).

The punter is only at risk if the prostitute is subject to exploitative conduct by a third party. There are plenty of posts about this new offence introduced last year. Whilst there have been a few cautions I haven't seen a single case reported in the media of anyone actually being convicted.

There is also the issue of the burden of proof, euphemisms avoid offering evidence on a plate, which increases the policing costs and balances Police spending & enforcement priorities (they don't aim to catch every speeding motorist just enough to discourage demonstrate action).