athousand

Split Condom Pack

12 posts in this topic

Just seen a well known lady in London,

No question - she's a well-meaning, great provider.

I just have a bit of a concern - and wondering what anyone else has experience.

Her approach is - I want to be prepared, so when the guy seems to be ready, I'll get hold of some packets of condoms, break the open, and then they're ready. - so that means, she's got a bowl of condoms, some in their wrappers untuouched, and some that are kind of 'half-opened'.....because she's broken them open in anticipation in previous sessions.

the past couple of weeks I really haven't been able to make my mind up whether to be worried or not - because i know that before she met me, she had been home for several weeks - so one of these packs might have been weeks old, sitting there open. This may be me being sensible or paranoid! - anyone else come across anything similar?

I'm no expert so I have no idea what the fact that the pack was open means - in terms of effectiveness etc - my guess is not a lot -???

If this is a major concern take your own and say that you prefer that make or some other reason. I would think no ladies would mind.

If this is a major concern take your own and say that you prefer that make or some other reason. I would think no ladies would mind.

Best way out if the OP wants to continue to see this lady. In terms of disease transmission, the fact that the condom pack was part open does not increase the risk of anything transferable off her hands. In terms of the risk associated with the integrity of the latex if the pack had been left open for a significant time, I do not think you will get a sensible answer from anyone - including the manufacturer London International (if it was Durex). In theory, it can increase the risk - in practice, i doubt it. BUT, the lady ought to stop doing what she does!

Just seen a well known lady in London, No question - she's a well-meaning, great provider. I just have a bit of a concern - and wondering what anyone else has experience. Her approach is - I want to be prepared, so when the guy seems to be ready, I'll get hold of some packets of condoms, break the open, and then they're ready. - so that means, she's got a bowl of condoms, some in their wrappers untuouched, and some that are kind of 'half-opened'.....because she's broken them open in anticipation in previous sessions. the past couple of weeks I really haven't been able to make my mind up whether to be worried or not - because i know that before she met me, she had been home for several weeks - so one of these packs might have been weeks old, sitting there open. This may be me being sensible or paranoid! - anyone else come across anything similar? I'm no expert so I have no idea what the fact that the pack was open means - in terms of effectiveness etc - my guess is not a lot -???

I have never had this that i can recall. I always see the WG tear the condom wrapper and i wouldnt accept a condom where it was already clearly torn.

Wait what you mean the individual foil wrappers are half-opened on some of them?! :o Don't use those. I wouldn't worry if they're safely in their foil wrappers, they last a long time; but out of them, picking up dust, more subject to changing room temperatures, etc. Insist on unopened, or perhaps even bring your own freshly purchased unopened box with receipt if you so wish,

You sure they are not only opened that day?

I am guilty of this to a degree, because of the slippery stuff all over my hands it makes opening condoms extremely difficult so I often open a couple of packets before they arrive.

I have no idea when they were opened unfortunately.

Again I agree with Gemma! I open mine just before someone arrives because I try and minimise the faf time. This isn't because I want to trick the customer...I take care as much as them. They are always used.

Ha...I meant that they are always used once open, not used before I then use them!

I think the biggest risk is that they'll dry out and become more brittle. A dry condom is a split condom ...

Either ask her when they were opened, or insist on her opening one in front of you. I used to occasionally open them before the client arrived, but then sometimes it would be a non penetration session, or he needed one of the larger or smaller condoms, so I ended up throwing too many unused in the bin, for fear of them drying out, so now I only open them just before using them.

Thanks for the replies. I agree that it would be best to not use one of the opened packs - especially when there's a bowl full of unopened ones that they're sitting in. Unfortunately, in the heat of the moment, when passion and booze has kicked in, the old 'what the hell' kicked in! I did ask about it - but she had limited English and all I could gather was that it was 'fine'!!! :) She seemed professional, caring and is a full time professional - so my guess is that these were recent? If it wasn't, the other thing I'm clinging to is that my research online seems to say that a condom is either working or it isn't - in other words - if it breaks or fails -then it does so big time. There isn't such a thing as a 'porous' condom -rather one that works or one that splits and when it does so, it's very obvious because the whole thing comes apart. That's what I'm hoping because I did check at the end and as far as I could tell by looking at it, it was fine. Still a little concerned mind you! :)