Nobody22

Men's Generosity

36 posts in this topic

Yesterday's paper reports a study which says that "Men become more generous when attractive women are around because they want to impress them."

Our experience?

Yesterday's paper reports a study which says that "Men become more generous when attractive women are around because they want to impress them."

Our experience?

Not me.

Our experience?

I act the same with my money if they are attractive or not unless i am trying to pull them when i might splash it about, it rarely leads to the sex which i am after so punting works out a lot easier and often cheaper with guaranteed sex.

I act the same with my money if they are attractive or not unless i am trying to pull them when i might splash it about, it rarely leads to the sex which i am after so punting works out a lot easier and often cheaper with guaranteed sex.

Lol, don't we all?

Sometimes it has the desired result, sometimes!

Our experience?

I'm rarely generous with Mrs Dick. Not because I don't want to impress her, but because I like to divert spare funds to my chosen hobby.

Alter the sentence slightly to "Men often become generous around attractive women because they want to shag them".

Then it fits to a "T". Certainly I often find myself taking large amounts of money out of my usually moribund wallet with exactly that motivation.

Personally no. I do have a non punting friend tho' that exhibits this type of behavoir when he thinks he's in with the slightest chance of a shag. Normally he's as tight as a crabs arse yet have known him drive 200 miles to meet up with some woman he met on the net when he thinks he is in with a chance. Getting him to buy a round of drinks in the pub is a different story.

Thank goodness I discovered punting !

Personally no. I do have a non punting friend tho' that exhibits this type of behavoir when he thinks he's in with the slightest chance of a shag. Normally he's as tight as a crabs arse yet have known him drive 200 miles to meet up with some woman he met on the net when he thinks he is in with a chance. Getting him to buy a round of drinks in the pub is a different story. Thank goodness I discovered punting !

That sounds a familiar scenario of a mate of mine. He will go to any lengths within the law to pull, blanket bomb every woman present on the assumption at least one will be interested which to be fair sometimes is the case. But whereas he is tighter than a skinflint normally he turns into the generous one for the evening. Watching the moths fly out of his wallet on these occassions is a sight to behold. If he does pull he disappears without a word to regale us with what occured the next time we meet. He met one woman in London who it turned out lived in Aberdeen, he drove her home all for a one night stand, now thats what i call dedication to getting his leg over. ;)

But of course; it's just the financial equivalent of flexing your muscles, or a peacock displaying it's tail feathers. We men are trying to show off what resources we have for a potential mate to feather her nest with.

I'm rarely generous with Mrs Dick. Not because I don't want to impress her, but because I like to divert spare funds to my chosen hobby.

Don't want to sound holier than thou, Rev, but I like to think prodigality outside the family does not exceed prodigality within the family. Otherwise I really would start questioning myself.

Don't want to sound holier than thou, Rev, but I like to think prodigality outside the family does not exceed prodigality within the family. Otherwise I really would start questioning myself.

Fair comment Mr Bloom, and I do question myself frequently, but I always seem to come up with the same answer.

I suppose there are 'families' and then there are 'families'.

Edited by Reverend Dick

Taking into account the costs of buying drinks beforehand, getting inside a bar / nightclub / etc, paying for drinks at bar / nightclub / etc for either yourself, your friends / group or a girl and maybe her group of friends (at london prices for £20+ a vodka shot or £5+ for a warm non-branded bottle of beer) plus the costs of paying for a cab or hotel aftering getting a take-away, all for the implied possibility / promise of sex, the total amount above could potentially buy one a 1-2+ hour punt and that is not even including dates at expensive restaurants or a man getting himself in debt in order to appeal to the opposite sex.

While I could be like every other bloke in chasing regular women (and throwing money down the drain in the process) like a lion chases a zebra in a rigged game where the lion is more likely to catch his prey then a bloke finally getting the girl, I on the other hand prefer taking path of least resistance like a crocodile (for lack of a better example).

You don't miss the thrill of the chase?

I can't run very fast these days, having cash compensates for that. :)

To tell you the truth I have yet to appreciate the thrill of the chase, let alone meet a girl worth chasing (that is not to say that the women I've met are unattractive, it is just that I simply do not figure in the rigged sexual market place which I guess in some respects can be seen as a blessing in disguise as it saves me from having to deal with the all drama, intrigue and deceit in relationships / marriage) and even then I am not inclined to be generous to any woman (no matter how stunning) just because she shows a slight interest in me, especially if there is no reciprocity involved.

Taking into account the costs of buying drinks beforehand, getting inside a bar / nightclub / etc, paying for drinks at bar / nightclub / etc for either yourself, your friends / group or a girl and maybe her group of friends (at london prices for £20+ a vodka shot or £5+ for a warm non-branded bottle of beer) plus the costs of paying for a cab or hotel aftering getting a take-away, all for the implied possibility / promise of sex, the total amount above could potentially buy one a 1-2+ hour punt and that is not even including dates at expensive restaurants or a man getting himself in debt in order to appeal to the opposite sex.

For me I'm glad I'm out of needing to have dutch courage or getting the girl loosened up with a few drinks. I have much better sex when I've not been drinking and am now immune to be used as a free drinks tab for girls that flirt in bars.

That might be a false economy Rev. If Mrs Dick ever gets fed up of your frugal ways, a divorce could end up costing you a real packet and leave you with precious little in the way of punting vouchers.

For me, family come first financially. If they are happy, then so am I. I make do punting wise with whatever is left at the end of each month, dividing the result three ways between mortgage overpayment, savings and punting.

I have reached the stage in life where financially impressing civilian girls is neither a priority nor likely to yeild sexual favours. Surprisingly, just being myself means that although the offers are few and far between, they haven't dried up completely. Thanks to punting I can resist temptation and hence keep the spectre of financial ruin almost completely at bay.

Great hobby this !

Our experience?

Probably true.

Men (me included) will happily part with £100 for an hour with a WG.

Imagine if a plumber or a roofer tried to charge us £100 per hour :eek:

We'd tell them to f**k off! ;)

Ha,,,I'd like to know your plumber/roofer...it's not far off that! I never really like that comparision...doing your tiles isn't really the same as some of the things we do with you, is it...

Ha,,,I'd like to know your plumber/roofer...it's not far off that! I never really like that comparision...doing your tiles isn't really the same as some of the things we do with you, is it...

I suppose it's more like a plumbing job...but I've never asked a girl to work on my waste pipe, some have offered to take a look though!! :o

Our experience?

I am the opposite. The more attractive they are, the less nice I am. Very attractive women interpret generosity as a way get in their pants and to kiss their ass. That's why when you take them to a nice restaurant to have dinner, you often end up wanking off alone, and when you don't even return their call, they become more attracted. Women love these games.

Women don't use logic. Men use logic, but it doesn't work with women.

The rule: the more you try to impress an attractive woman, the less she'll be attracted to you, because they interpret these gestures as a way to seek their approval.

So what do you do instead? Hell knows. That's why we are here :lol:

Probably true.

Men (me included) will happily part with £100 for an hour with a WG.

Imagine if a plumber or a roofer tried to charge us £100 per hour :eek:

We'd tell them to f**k off! ;)

I should be ashamed of myself.......lol

I am the opposite. The more attractive they are, the less nice I am. Very attractive women interpret generosity as a way get in their pants and to kiss their ass. That's why when you take them to a nice restaurant to have dinner, you often end up wanking off alone, and when you don't even return their call, they become more attracted. Women love these games.

Now just lost my coffee Newbie, :lol:

The rule: the more you try to impress an attractive woman, the less she'll be attracted to you, because they interpret these gestures as a way to seek their approval.

I wouldn't see it as seeking approval, i would see it as the man wanting to see a smile on my face and to make me happy.

My plumber charges £150 a DAY ---------------- the influx of Polish plumbers has put a stop to ridiculous charges.

My plumber charges £150 a DAY ---------------- the influx of Polish plumbers has put a stop to ridiculous charges.

Ah....but are they slim , early twenties and eager to please?