down

Do You Ever Use A Fake Name When You Punt?

25 posts in this topic

hey just wondered if you use a fake name when you punt? I myself don't im not bothered about using my real name. But some times I think that I could use another alter Ego for my name. Some times I think it would be fun and ironic to go into a parlour under the name of John. Never bothered to do it.

Edited by down

"Name"? Unless you have outcalls to hotels, when you do, probably, need to give the lady of your choice the name under which you booked the room, which probably will have to have been the name on your credit card, which, in turn, is likely to be your own, or, indeed, you have outcalls to your home, when many sensible ladies ask for details to allow them to be satisfied as to the genuineness of the booking, and their own safety, I don't think you will ever need to go beyond a forename? Learning to answer to an alias takes time and ability, so, no, I just use my "real" first name, and park some distance away, if I'm not coming by bus or tube.

It is the ladies, for the most part, who I think use Work Names, isn't it?

I always assumed men gave their real names! Although I have a chap who I have saved into my phone who calls himself by something different each time he calls to book!

I'll let you into a secret- even I forget and refer to myself by my real name so I can see why chaps don't bother pretending!

A first name is harmless though, unless you were called something totally unique I guess.

I have used in the past a different name while punting... Can get confusing though and these days I use my real first name.

I use my middle name when I punt.

I would imagine that's very common. Actually quite few people use their middle name all the time instead of the one their parents chose.

I always imagine that a lot of WGs use a "Nomme de Punt" in preference to their given name. Maybe this thread will reveal if that is so.

yes . same capitalization though lol.

when i started punting i used a fake name but gradually started using my real 1st name or a shortened version. i dont think its a big issue now etc when i started out was always concerned abt using a real first name , security reasons etc

Edited by Cole77

I use my real first name which is not th one most of my circle know me by. Has the advantage sort of allowing a "punting alter ego" while being a name I do answer to naturally.

hey just wondered if you use a fake name when you punt? I myself don't im not bothered about using my real name. But some times I think that I could use another alter Ego for my name. Some times I think it would be fun and ironic to go into a parlour under the name of John. Never bothered to do it.

Always.

Use my real name which is John so most ladies probably think I am faking anyway. Has the downside that when phoning for a repeat visit I have to give some reminder of my previous visit so she knows which John.

Not really sure why men use fake names...they usually tell me their real name after a while as they forget! If you go to parlours or parties I can understand but personally if they tell me their first name...what am I going to do with it? I don't know anyone's surname, and quite frankly I don't care (not in a bad way just wouldn't use this information). I have one customer that has told me where he works....but I have seen him for ages....that would take a great deal of trust and of course not everyone should do this with anyone. That would be silly. However, I have better things to do than ruin his life for him. BUT there are some bunny boilers out there which luckily I am not one of.

+1 use my middle name; would never use my "real" name

I don't use my real name as I feel Heston Blumenthal is a little too distinctive. A lot of ladies realise I am not using my real name but, fortunately, most of them are convinced I'm actually Harry Hill.

+1 use my middle name; would never use my "real" name

As I've four names, I can't really use my middle name, unless you count ' ' as a name...

My name is relatively unusual but so what!l always give my real first name although I have a variant pre programmed on the purple place then I tell the lady my real name when we make proper contact.

As has been covered many times on this forum I'd rather be "me" than spend an hour remembering my subterfuge. Alter ego's sound a great idea but I'd never carry it off so real me is much easer.

DG

Best one was the other week for me.

I was doing a MMF meet with my better half.

Our chap kept on calling my husband "Dave", in the end I said "You are meant to be Dave, my hubby is Mike!"

We all laughed.

When he told us his real name, we knew why he decide to use a fake one.

What a Dick.........get it?

Lucy :)

Of course, I use the first name of my favourite actor!

Of course, I use the first name of my favourite actor!

Funny how Ethel Murman is such a famous actor :(

With ears like mine how could I possibly lie?

But seriously, when I did tell one woman my real name she was so pleased as it seems all her clients are called John or Mick!

Spock

Best one was the other week for me.

I was doing a MMF meet with my better half.

Our chap kept on calling my husband "Dave", in the end I said "You are meant to be Dave, my hubby is Mike!"

We all laughed.

When he told us his real name, we knew why he decide to use a fake one.

What a Dick.........get it?

Lucy :)

Brilliant Lucy!

No. should I?