pollyp23

Getting Caught: Nearly, How Have You Nearly Been Caught

45 posts in this topic

Plugged in my external, password protected hard drive, opened my computer, selected three field reports that I fancied reading and selected 'Open'.

But I hadn't, I'd selected 'Print'.

Printer is upstairs, next to the main PC, Wife on Facebook...

Whilst I desperately try and cancel, she calls out "Are you printing, because the printers out of paper". "I'll put some in shall I?".

"Er, don't worry, I've just realised that there a couple of mistakes, I'll redo them and print them later".

Phew?

Phew, indeed! A large gin, I rather think, is called for?

Change your Default printer settings!!!!

Careful the printer does not store it as a 'waiting job' and prints it off as soon as paper is added ?

When I was in the police a nonce got caught out exactly the same way, wife sat at printer and off come these sick images of her husband and a minor. She played it cool, didn't touch them and called us. By the time he had arrived home she'd given a statement, packed her cases and gone to her mothers. He came home to 3 nice policeman (all fathers) who were all very sympathetic to his plight.

Careful the printer does not store it as a 'waiting job' and prints it off as soon as paper is added ?

When I was in the police a nonce got caught out exactly the same way, wife sat at printer and off come these sick images of her husband and a minor. She played it cool, didn't touch them and called us. By the time he had arrived home she'd given a statement, packed her cases and gone to her mothers. He came home to 3 nice policeman (all fathers) who were all very sympathetic to his plight.

For the pleasant times that awaited him in prison once the other cons knew what he'd been up to!!!

DG

vancouver canada. Second meet with an all purpose wg. She had just begun a bj, when the mounties arrived. They were more interested in finding a recent murder suspect. So they made sure I paid the wg and detained me for about an hour, checking details. Very embarassing, but it all ended quite happily. A good wg environment over there, by the way.

As a direct reply to the original question:

I always surf this hobby using Incognito mode in SRIron (similar to Google Chrome). A few months ago I was out all day and when i returned I realised I had only minimised Punternet on my office PC (and I was logged in). My other half was home all day but fortunately didn't need that PC.

DG

Plugged in my external, password protected hard drive, opened my computer, selected three field reports that I fancied reading and selected 'Open'.

But I hadn't, I'd selected 'Print'.

Printer is upstairs, next to the main PC, Wife on Facebook...

Whilst I desperately try and cancel, she calls out "Are you printing, because the printers out of paper". "I'll put some in shall I?".

"Er, don't worry, I've just realised that there a couple of mistakes, I'll redo them and print them later".

Phew?

You mean to say you...print...field reports? (!!!!!???!!!!!)

He meant to hit "open" but hit "print" by accident.

I think he mistakenly hit the print button.

wish I had a pound every time a manager has printed something on the wrong printer so everyone can read it. easy mistake.

sounds like a good reason not to have a wireless printer.

and also people who have sent me emails meant for someone else. Last job I have the same forename and initial of surname as a director. I got loads of his mail.

What system is the OP using where he needs to select "open" to read an FR instead of simply clicking on the link to the report?

No, I menat to open it. 'Print' is the icon below!

What system is the OP using where he needs to select "open" to read an FR instead of simply clicking on the link to the report?

These are my frs saved as text files on my external HDD, often with pictures and videos.

I had an A****W*** page come out of the printer somehow - God knows???

The wife picked it up first.

We were having a lot of virus problems at the time,and somehow I managed to convince her it was a viral thing!!! :ph34r:

It happned before I had ever tried punting!

Sorry, yes, me jumping in unnecessarily. I think I was so horrorstruck by the whole scenario my imagination went on generating new horrors.

I had some new stockings, thong and suspender belt in my cars glove box that i had bought for a WG i was seeing.

My dad is retired, he cleans my car for me and things without me even knowing until its done. He asked me why have i got womens underwear in my car because i didnt have a girlfriend or anything, i could tell he was getting worried i was into wearing womens clothes, lol.

I told him i was seeing someone, then he was like is she nice? make sure you use condoms. I thought... omfg if only you knew a fraction of it.

Only once in 25 years have I had a heart-stopping moment. About 15 years ago, coming out of a girl's house, walked down the road a little way and just getting into the car, I was tapped on the shoulder by my niece's husband, who was working on the house opposite and who I had not noticed when I went in. I managed to keep calm and mentioned that I had been visiting a client ( a story which was good enough given the job I was doing at the time) Drove home very slowly with 8 of my lives still intact. Made sure I "mentioned " to my wife, that I had "bumped into him" when I got home.

As a direct reply to the original question:

I always surf this hobby using Incognito mode in SRIron (similar to Google Chrome). A few months ago I was out all day and when i returned I realised I had only minimised Punternet on my office PC (and I was logged in). My other half was home all day but fortunately didn't need that PC.

DG

That might protect traces in your browser but unless it uses a proxy if you work in a business office your history can be seen my the iT department. Self employed you're OK.

These are my frs saved as text files on my external HDD, often with pictures and videos.

Oh man, that is an accident waiting to happen.

I think the best memories are most safely stored ................. inside your head, and nowhere else.

no.not yet .

Edited by busencumen

This would mean my Wife managing to connect power to the external HDD at each end and connecting up the USB at each end with a hidden USB cable.

Then changing user to a password protected second user called 'Old work files'. Selecting My Computer, selecting 'Display Hidden files', Going through about 12 levels of folders labelled 'Old work files', 'Data for Paper Project', etc.

That's one major accident!

This would mean my Wife managing to connect power to the external HDD at each end and connecting up the USB at each end with a hidden USB cable.

Then changing user to a password protected second user called 'Old work files'. Selecting My Computer, selecting 'Display Hidden files', Going through about 12 levels of folders labelled 'Old work files', 'Data for Paper Project', etc.

That's one major accident!

Never, ever, understimate the resources of a woman scorned. Or the lengths she may go to.

pollyp23:

Plugged in my external, password protected hard drive

Out of curiosity, what software program do you use for the protection?

I'm using currently using TrueCrypt but, at times, it can be eratic, refusing to accept a password.

Sometimes I have to reboot the PC before it will work.