SlickWilly

Male Genital Thrush - Any Advice?

8 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with the non-STI, Balanitis, aka, Thrush on my genitals, the head of my penis, specifically! I reckon I actually got it from urinating into a milk carton ( it's along story, but nothing sexual was going on) rather than fron a lady! I was prescribed nimedzarole and finished the course but while it helped, i still have it! The symptoms are a rash on the head of my penis, inflamed reddish skin on the skin on the 'hood' of my penis and a slightly swollen foreskin which has become tighter consequently! It can also be itchy. I have been tested for a full suite of STIs at the same time and I am clear and was told that though I punt, I am quite low risk, as the ladies know how to take care of themselves and save for OWO and RO, I am always covered up!

Can anybody give me advice on how this should be treated and are there any over the counter remedies available! I am based in Ireland so it costs 55 Euros per doctor's visit and all medicine has to be paid for also! Thanks in advance

Yours, getting desperarte!

Yes.

1. Seek medical advice from an appropriately qualified physician.

2. Deduct the cost from your punting fund.

3. In future, avoid inserting your penis into food cartons.

Good luck.

lol. milk carton???!!!! friday humor ??

Edited by busencumen

Balanitis is not Thrush (Candida), if you contract Thrush it can lead to Balanitis symptoms (swelling or redness to the end of the penis), Balanitis can affect from 4 year olds to adults.

Ask your chemist for Caniston cream its cheap as chips but you do have to ask for it, they will ask if its for you (girls have a different Caniston) not sure on the spelling. if they ask what its for say its a fungal infection, its like atheletes foot, infact I use Daktarin cream, get rid of the Thrush and the Balanitis will clear up, but keep using it for at least a week after it clears up, another trick is before you apply the cream was your nob with warm salty water, as much salt as you can, no soap, this reduces swelling like nothing else, make sure you dry well then add cream

This is a bain of my life Gum clinic send me birthday cards and a taxi to pick me up!

Like me you may be alergic to Candida, as if Candida was annoying enough I get a few extra symptems.

I am not familiar with nimedzarole. However clotrimazole 1% (Canesten) would be reasonable treatment for presumed candidal balanitis and, as pointed out, is relatively cheap. Phimosis (inability to retract the foreskin) is a recognized, but uncommon complication of balanitis - and it sounds like your foreskin is already quite swollen. So don't wait too long and if it fails to respond definitely go back and see your doctor.

Are you sure the thrush has cleared? If it's still itchy it may be that it hasn't completely cleared, and you are still having the secondary symptoms. Clotrimazole is a good topical treatment, as a few posters have mentioned, but the magic bullet treatment for fungal infections is a drug called Fluconazole ( Diflucan). I'm surprised they gave you anything else to be honest. I know this is a late post, and you probably have it sorted out by now, but I know in my 20's I had a terrible time for months with recurrent thrush, being treated with Canestan, it improving a bit, then flaring up again. Basically because it wasn't completely gone.

Fluconazole really should be given to anybody with a nasty bout of thrush, but I know it isn't always, and some health care professionals still seem to be unaware of it as a treatment. It's prescription only I'm afraid, but always, ALWAYS worth asking for if you have a bout of thrush.

I had a thrush problem, no matter how much Cannisten I used it would not clear. Then I read somewhere that urine can be good for healing. That sounds crazy I thought, but worth a try! So each time I needed a pee I would squeeze my foreskin tight at the top so the pee filled up the space between my penis head and foreskin. When full, I would release, and repeat. Then after about 5 mins I would wash my penis head with clean warm water, no soap. I did this for a week and it worked, all thrush gone now!