Clattenburg

Just Been Scammed In Reading Berkshire, Feeling Stupid & Depressed

55 posts in this topic

Hi There,

This is my first post, I've been punting for 16 years without any real hiccups until tonight.

I thought I was street wise but perhaps I've got a bit trusting lately. Arranged a meet through **, the girl seemed nice enough on the 'phone, English accent but I could hear background noise on the 'phone, went to a small block of flats and a girl was already in the entrance area with a note book, she asked for £80 which I stupidly handed over and asked me to proceed to the flat up a flight of steps, knocked on the door, no answer, oh dear that sinking feeling. Hammered on the door and an aggressive young black guy came out going on about 'I was the 6th or 7th tonight & I'm going to call the old bill if you don't go' He was clearly in on the scam, I left but hung around outside, after a short while he came out the flats and started walking after me. It all got a bit scary, for a while I couldn't get to my car as he was right by it so I had to disappear.

Feeling very idiotic and for £80 (a lot of money for me) I've learnt a lesson the hard way.

Suggest you name and shame please.

Sorry about this Clattenburg, it's an age old scam "Give me £xx/lend me your phone" and I'll show you the flat. Girl disappears with cash/phone never to return, or in your case for a bruiser to confront you.

Don't be embarassed, just avoid it again. I've heard of this sort of scam from more than one guy, who it's happened to so you aren't alone.

I know £80 is £80, but in the grand scheme of things you are ok and in one piece which is what really matters.

Edited by Strawberry

Advertised as XX Chloe XX 2011 XX on the 'other' site. The scam happens in some grotty flats on Tilehurst road (although the area is mixed with some nice houses as well).

I've actually had some good punts recently and let my guard down. There very little i can do except warn people, going to the Police would be a waste of time I feel. I suppose using the 'other' site is dodgy and I should assume everyone is a scam artist unless proven otherwise, thank God for Punternet!

After 16 years you are doing well if this was first bad experience ; not that it makes you feel any better this morning. As Strawberry says, you are OK but poorer in wallet and spirit this morning. All one can do is learn and (in this case) help others by sharing the learning.

Sorry to hear about that Clattenburg, but thanks for posting. If a girl met me at the door downstairs at a block of flats I wouldnt have thought it strange as I bet blokes ring the wrong bell occasionally. Name the girl so nobody else falls for it, although I bet her profile soon disappears of that site.

Being asked for money before even reaching the flat would've set off alarm bells for me.

:(

Advertised as XX Chloe XX 2011 XX on the 'other' site. The scam happens in some grotty flats on Tilehurst road (although the area is mixed with some nice houses as well).

I've actually had some good punts recently and let my guard down. There very little i can do except warn people, going to the Police would be a waste of time I feel. I suppose using the 'other' site is dodgy and I should assume everyone is a scam artist unless proven otherwise, thank God for Punternet!

I've had a look at the profile and I can see how you might have felt it was trustworthy. Few of the usual warning signs are there. She does hide her feedback though. Would recommend you always click the feedback number even when it is showing as 0 - first to make sure she hasn't preemptively hidden her feedback and, secondly, because sometimes the 0 is there not because she has no feedback but because the pluses and minuses have balanced out.

You poor thing, but at least you are safe- having a quick look her profile looks genuine, but she does have her feedback hidden. Is this not something that should ring alarm bells? Not a criticism, just wondering if that's something chaps should be wary of?

EDIT: Didn't read the above post before posting!

Edited by LondonLydia

Sorry to hear about your misfortune mate and thanks for posting the details.

I would have walked away when asked for the money before meeting the lady but we all live and learn.

Don't let one bad experience put you off and good luck for the next one.

It might be worth reporting the profile, I don't think she should get away with that.

It might be worth reporting the profile, I don't think she should get away with that.

It'd be nice to see this sort of thing reported to the police, but I understand why someone may not want to do that. :(

"That site" is often slated, but it does have a complaints system - if you don't use it when scammed, with some, if limited, respect, you are encouraging the bad apples to continue their ploys.

The profile is still up, Saturday 1140hrs - not only does she hide her feed-back, for which the site does actually advise, "You should exercise caution when considering the authenticity of their service offerings."

One other point, although she doesn't have a Gallery, she does have a "Private Gallery" @ £2 / 3 days, which features all of five (5) images, all (NN) - No Nudity - and the largest of which is 64 kb. Anybody who buys into that is a mark begging to be scammed.

Edited by Irgendeiner

Thanks for the support lads.

Iin the cold light of day the profile does look reasonable but in hindsight and upon closer inspection the warnings are there, the principle one I now realise is the hidden feedback, the first thing I tried to do last night was give negative feedback, the photo looked a bit too good although I didn't get a hit in tineye. I always thought I can tell the scammers in **, there are quite a few you have to wade through to find the genuine ones IMHO.

The woman who scammed me was very friendly and looked 'professional', she was sober, not on drink or drugs. I was in a large house that had been converted into 4 flats and she gave the impression it was a brothel and she was the maid, noting down the money paid into a notebook. As soon as I handed over the money I felt a slight unease but not enough to ring those alarm bells, I have actually walked away many times from similar situations in the past, so why not now? As I said before perhaps it was the string of decent good punts I've had recently.

I will now be super careful and for the time being I will see a couple of reliable girls I've used before plus a couple I haven't tried but have got good reviews on PN. Perhaps I'll go back to massage parlours. Why can't society just legalise brothels, safer for everyone?

I'll stick to those until I get my confidence back.

Cheers.

I know there is some cynicism about that site, but I really do think you should go through the complaint system. If enough guys do the same it might get pulled, OK they will probably start up another one, but I think it's the right thing to do morally.

Hi There,

This is my first post, I've been punting for 16 years without any real hiccups until tonight.

I thought I was street wise but perhaps I've got a bit trusting lately. Arranged a meet through **, the girl seemed nice enough on the 'phone, English accent but I could hear background noise on the 'phone, went to a small block of flats and a girl was already in the entrance area with a note book, she asked for £80 which I stupidly handed over and asked me to proceed to the flat up a flight of steps, knocked on the door, no answer, oh dear that sinking feeling. Hammered on the door and an aggressive young black guy came out going on about 'I was the 6th or 7th tonight & I'm going to call the old bill if you don't go' He was clearly in on the scam, I left but hung around outside, after a short while he came out the flats and started walking after me. It all got a bit scary, for a while I couldn't get to my car as he was right by it so I had to disappear.

Feeling very idiotic and for £80 (a lot of money for me) I've learnt a lesson the hard way.

Sorry to hear about this. Lets hope these scumbags lose some potential business through you posting this. Filth like this deserve to be outed. I would anonymously call the police saying i had been ripped-off and hassled by this pair, the police might or might not do anything but at least you have reported them and others might of rang them after experiencing the same and decide to pay them a visit.

Hi guys, I will complain but I need a get a thowaway e-mail first, they also say "Finally, please substantiate (prove) your claims by providing us with any relevant text, chat log, website URL or similar:"

Difficult to 'prove' but I'll will complain anyway.

Done my complaint, got an standard generated e-mail saying 'buyer beware' basically. We'll see if they remove the listing but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for all the replies, I'm a little bit older and a lot wiser!

We've all been ripped off in some way or other whilst enjoying our hobby, but the main thing is you retreated unscathed, and a little wiser also...

chalk it up to experience

If I was in charge of the purple site, I'd seriously think about banning the hidden feedback option. Its mainly used for discreditable purposes. (e.g. Hiding so-called neutral feedback that suggests provider is either thoroughly unreliable, or worse a con artist.)

I realise that there are legitimate reasons for wanting to hide feedback (e.g. some prat providing enough info to allow identity to be worked out)... but that could be catered for by a system of allowing individual feedback (not ALL) to be hidden for a specific temporary period while site authority checked it out. (Then if check reveals it was inappropriate, it could be removed completely, while fair criticisms should be put back on feedback record.)

Wow, Im glad you reported this.

I added her profile to my 'hot list' othe the site in question a couple of days ago,and was thinking of giving her a call!

I hadn't seen the hidded feedback!

You have my sympathy.

When you hover over the feedback number, you can see how many positive/negative/neutral comments a member has - and she has 0 on all counts. So I do not think by hiding feedback, that she is stopping any negatives from being view as such(because there aren't any).

If I ever do a search on that place I only ever select girls that have viewable feedback - agree with the hover (It's a lot less bovver)