Guest Lessingham

Post Redundancy Punting

44 posts in this topic

Soon I may be living on less money as the planned post redundancy employment has fallen through. I can live without a job, but I need to budget. Now, for those who have faced this, what punting strategy did you go for. I could keep the same frequancy and drop the hourly rate. (but I like the quality providers!) or keep the same hourly rate and punt less.

Or visit Widow Thumb and her four daughters more?

Or get Mrs L to take up the slack?

visit Widow Thumb and her four daughters more?

Palmela Handerson & her 5 sisters is my generation's equivalent.

I'd suggest keeping the quality, putting more effort in at home & doing all the things you've been meaning to do for Mrs L, but work got in the way.

Palmela Handerson & her 5 sisters is my generation's equivalent.

I'd suggest keeping the quality, putting more effort in at home & doing all the things you've been meaning to do for Mrs L, but work got in the way.

I think Lara's advice is spot on.

Soon I may be living on less money as the planned post redundancy employment has fallen through. I can live without a job, but I need to budget. Now, for those who have faced this, what punting strategy did you go for. I could keep the same frequancy and drop the hourly rate. (but I like the quality providers!) or keep the same hourly rate and punt less.

If you can accept wanking is enough stick with that at least until you have got another job assuming you are looking for one. If you cant, punt less AND look for better VFM so the punts you have are even more worthwhile. Perhaps consider half hour punts, they dont suit me but could be worth a try. No idea if its your bag or what area you are in but parties can be very good VFM, in London from £60 for 3 hours, they can be very addictive though, i have spent around £60k just on parties since 2008 but they were mainly £240 for 4 hours and it was money very well spent in my view. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

I too had the same dilemna a few years back...What should i do?

Like yourself i thought about cutting back on the frequency of my punts, lowering the hourly rate i was prepared to pay and even God Forbid give up my hobby altogether :eek: thankfully i saw sense and dismissed the last thought pretty damn quick...

Eventually i decided on the combination of punting less but keeping the rates i was used to paying the same,mainly due to the fact that i would rather have quality over quantity anytime

I know everyone is different and this was my own personal preference at the time,but it certainly gave me the satisfaction i was looking for until i got back on my feet so to speak

Been there... done that!! Was without a job for a considerable time.

My advice, for what it's worth, stick to your regulars.... less disappointment when your are infrequent.... also stick to same hourly rate and punt less.

I knew 2 of the girls I was seeing very well and explained the reasons why I'd be frequenting less. One of them gave me a discount

until I was back on the road.... and no, I did not pretend to carry on as though I was still unemployed!!

I know Lessingham asked a very specific question, I've no real answer to that.

However, what I did want to say in generalisation (I don't know Lessingham or other people's specific circumstances, clearly), from experience in the case of a redundancy or any such life change you have to look after yourself. What do you want and what is best. Keep a routine you are happy with to get you to a situation where you want to be.

I just think such life changes can be negative if you are carried on that path so I wanted to wish everyone well in that regard.

Get a bank loan to cover you until you get another job.

How about castration? It'll sort your sex drive out and you won't need to punt. Or if you think that's a bit drastic, how about chemical castration? :P;)

I think Lara's advice is spot on.

Thanks, BoF :D

Edited by Lara Brooks

The only worse advice than this would be to take out a "payday" loan at 4000% or so.

Seriously, you have my sympathy Lessingham, and my advice, in common with most others, is to keep the quality and punt less often. Also stick with ladies you know, thus being sure to get VFM. Good luck in finding a rewarding job too.

Easier said than done...

Talk about getting your teeth kicked in when you're down on ther floor...... The Bank I had been with for over 23 years

refused to give me a loan because I did not score enough points...... because I was unemployed!!!!

Edited by CoolTiger

The Bank I had been with for over 23 years

refused to give me a loan because I did not score enough points...... because I was unemployed!!!!

But to approve it they do have to work out how the applicant can make the repayments and lack of an income is quite a significant factor in that.

main thing is to look for positives in your situation

you have more time to do stuff you couldnt when working

consider starting a business perhaps

but sign on day 1 of your unemployment. You have been paying stamp for years, and now its payback time

and check if u have any insuances you can cash in on. any PPI's perhaps?

Good luck.

There is a charity for "distressed gentlefolk", perhaps you could apply for a grant.

Thanks for the advice one and all. To be honest Lara, I would happily have had chemical castration before I discovered punting, it would have lessened my anger and rage at being in a sexless marriage.

I will not need to take out loans or payday 4000000% advances, just be careful if I do not get another job.

I will go for the quality and savour more

I am definitely doing something wrong in life!!! I am working and struggling to punt, yet out of work people merely have to "cut back"!!!! :eek:

I have experienced this situation. To begin with I just stuck to quality ladies I knew would guarantee a good time but punted less. However, I do like variety so did try a few ladies who charged less and it became more hit and miss so if that is a concern then stick to the quality.

The most important advice so far was the suggestion that Lessingham takes himself off to the local "Labour Exchange" or, as they are now charmingly entitled, "Job Centre Plus" and signs on the dotted line to collect his measly £80 odd per fortnight. At the very least his NI stamp will be paid, so that his state pension is preserved.

Thanks for the advice one and all. To be honest Lara, I would happily have had chemical castration before I discovered punting, it would have lessened my anger and rage at being in a sexless marriage.

I will not need to take out loans or payday 4000000% advances, just be careful if I do not get another job.

I will go for the quality and savour more

I hope that strategy works out Lessingham. :)

I did not know I could get dole. Well,£80 a fortnight is a punt a month. Thank you taxpayers. Just joking, I'd rather not claim and let a more in need person get it.

Thank you taxpayers. Just joking, I'd rather not claim and let a more in need person get it.

Hang on.....

That is daft in my opinion.

You are entitled to some government assistance, so it is there to be claimed by you.

You have paid your taxes to be in the position to get a bit back now due to your circumstances.

A "more in need person" will not get your share just because you do not claim it.

If you feel like that, claim it and donate it to a homeless persons shelter or similar thing.

All the best.

Lucy :)

The most important advice so far was the suggestion that Lessingham takes himself off to the local "Labour Exchange" or, as they are now charmingly entitled, "Job Centre Plus" and signs on the dotted line to collect his measly £80 odd per fortnight. At the very least his NI stamp will be paid, so that his state pension is preserved.

Lessingham.......

Take note of this post.

Lucy :)

Edited by Lucy7

I did not know I could get dole. Well,£80 a fortnight is a punt a month. Thank you taxpayers. Just joking, I'd rather not claim and let a more in need person get it.

The dole may seem insignificant, and as Lucy suggests, donate the cash to a good cause if you wish but you will get your NI stamp paid which will protect your state pension.

Actually it is £128.60p a fortnight from Contribution based Job Seekers Allowance although if a person has a pension it could be less and dependent on Savings, Income and again a pension the same for Income Based JSA but if claiming as a couple its £201.90p a fortnight. :)

FFS claim it! No one else is going to go without it if you do. Just think about HMRC letting Vodafone of £6bn of tax, and Goldman Sachs paying no interest on their unpaid tax after their scam was dissallowed.