Kayak

Lap dancing - a "sexual encounter" or not?

28 posts in this topic

Just seen this:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Lap-Dancing-Industry-Fears-Legal-Crackdown-Clubs-Against-Government-Proposals-To-Tighten-Control/Article/200910215402468?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_7&lid=ARTICLE_15402468_Lap_Dancing_Industry_Fears_Legal_Crackdown:_Clubs_Against_Government_Proposals_To_Tighten_Control

What punters think that lap dancing is a "sexual encounter", and what do the ladies think of their pole/lap dancing associates trying to claim that clubs are not places for "sexual encounters"?

I personally spent a lot of money in Montreal a few years ago, going to various dancing joints. In the end I left quite frustrated, but I'd say that I'd been having sexual encounters, albeit crap ones!:)

Put me down as a "Yes" vote... though I've never been in one... having found cheaper ways to be frustrated.

think it's reasonable for clubs to be licenced in some way to control location and possibly numers but what is this classification of 'places of sexual encounter'? If brothels are illegal in UK how did this come about? There was a radio item recently about very innocuous stage shows with nudity falling foul of this.

Personally I'd use the 'wife test' - if she knew I'd been to a lap dance place I'd probably get a bollocking for spending money there not for having a sexual encounter

There are some great lap-dancing places in Barcelona but they are fucking expensive.

The difference being that you pay for a dance with a girl (approx 150 Euro) and you then get taken to a private room, some have one way glass so that you can see out (can usually see the main dance room where punters and girls are mingling) but no-one can see in.

Anyway, the 150 Euro includes a lap dance, touching, kissing, oral and sex (and whatever else you can negotiate!) They usually limit the time to 30 minutes though, but you are welcome to negotiate, in fact it is welcomed.

The girls are stunning, some from South America, some from Eastern Europe and some local Spanish girls too.

Anyway my answer to your question is "yes" - in my experience it can definitely turn in to a sexual encounter!

Edited by ClarenceNightingale
forgot to answer the question

This is the best lap dancing:D

its not a sexual encounter but a bit of titilation. while being loyal to your wife etc ..

bit like going to the moulin rouge.

its not a sexual encounter but a bit of titilation. while being loyal to your wife etc ..

bit like going to the moulin rouge.

I've not been to the Moulin Rouge, but I would say it is very different when you are a one-on-one situation with her tits and arse in your face. I wouldn't want to see them banned (although I think the problem is the licensing is now too lax) but yes, I would say it is very much a sexual encounter.

I wouldn't go back to a lap dancing club again - not if I was paying! To be honest it was great seeing the main show, on the main stage there were a handful of girls, completely naked, dancing erotically, pole dancing etc.

However, there was a guy who was obviously on his stag night, and the girls got him up on stage, stripped him naked and humiliated him. It was awful, I really felt for the guy.

If you're referring to the Moulin Rouge in Pigalle, Paris, good heavens no, don't waste your money, that place (as well as the rest of Pigalle) are just one big tourist trap. Every time I've been past there, I've seen coaches of elderly American tourists being marched in, as part of some tour. I'm sure that the Crazy Horse, over on the West side of Paris, is better value, but you can probably see a better show (if that's what you want) in Berlin, according to an Anthony Bourdain tv show I saw recently.

I wouldn't go back to a lap dancing club again - not if I was paying! To be honest it was great seeing the main show, on the main stage there were a handful of girls, completely naked, dancing erotically, pole dancing etc.

However, there was a guy who was obviously on his stag night, and the girls got him up on stage, stripped him naked and humiliated him. It was awful, I really felt for the guy.

That must have been us, we did that to the stag on our trip to Barca :)

He actually coped very well with it as he is a bit of an exhibitionist anyway!

Unless the lap dance leads the punter to sex/blow job/hand job with the lap dancer I would say it isn't a sexual encounter, more of a sexual arousal encounter.

Once you start calling a lap dance a sex encounter where do you stop. A female walking into a normal bar or club with a short skirt on could sexually arouse several men, is this now a sex encounter. If a sexually aroused man chatted up and got the short skirted woman back to his flat and had sex with her, is the normal bar or club a sex encounter establishment? Several men and women go to normal bars and clubs to get laid, are they all sex encounter establishments?

It's never done anything for me at all :rolleyes:

LOL. That video made me laugh so much! :rolleyes:

In principle I would say that lap dancing is not a sexual encounter. But on the other hand, a while ago I went to a club where one of the dancers allowed kissing, touching, etc. That could almost be classed as a sexual encouter considering she brought me to the edge!!

So if you were on a train and sat opposite a woman who started touching herself and you did the same; you wouldnt think that was a sexual encounter because there was no touching between the two?

Id consider it a sexual encounter as both parties have (or seem to have) sex on the brain.

Tantric sex is sexual even though sometimes theres no touching

I personally spent a lot of money in Montreal a few years ago, going to various dancing joints. In the end I left quite frustrated, but I'd say that I'd been having sexual encounters, albeit crap ones!:rolleyes:

I used to go to lap dancing joints in Montreal about 25 years ago and they were pretty good then, though, as you say, it was a very frustrating experience. The frustration resulted in one of the rare occasions when I picked up a street girl and took her back to my hotel. I finished up with crabs which manifested themselves while I was on holiday with my wife shortly afterwards. Very tricky creeping off to a chemist for the appropriate de-lousing shampoo and carrying out the treatment. The only sti I've ever had, touch wood.

You owe me a new keyboard. Mine's got orange juice all over it now.

It all depends where you go, IMHO - YMMV

What exactly did they do to him? I've been in places where the girls were tipped off and always brought the lucky guy onstage. Not a humiliation, if they know how to create the right atmosphere. Even I've been onstage once or twice when the girls have picked me, and enjoyed myself no end. They always seemed able to judge how far each guy was willing to go.

Edited by Mr. Bloom
accuracy

There were about four of them. They tied him to a chair, stripped him naked and whipped him with his belt. In the course of stripping him, they tore his clothes and ripped his underwear to shreds. Not my idea of fun...:rolleyes:

I am very far from being a puritan, but of course it is.

I would not tolerate a relationship where the guy frequented lap-dancing clubs. Actually i just don't like the whole thing. Even if I was in an open relationship, I wouldn't go for a guy who is heavily into that.

I love all the outrage when a new stripclub is opened. Do the people complaining realise there are probably more brothels in the area than stripclubs?

The good old "its exploiting women is always used aswell". Well seeing as a good dancer can earn £100's for a few hours work, who is really being exploited?

Well seeing as a good dancer can earn £100's for a few hours work, who is really being exploited?

Hear hear!

Also many women go into stripclubs aswell, so saying only men exploit the women in a club is incorrect

To me it sounds like there are some confused expectations here.

A strip club is exactly that - your choice of girl taking off her clothes and giving you a little dance. If you are expecting kissing, touching or more then you are in the wrong place. It is a bit of titillation, a bit of fun, sexual fun but only fun!!

I have had experience of a few clubs and got to know some of the girls. They say 60-70% of blokes want something more, want to meet later go to hotel etc. And unless you are Brad Pitt it is never going to happen!! Sure they take their clothes off for money but they do not have sex for money, if they wanted to be prostitutes they would be but they dont!

I have had experience of a few clubs and got to know some of the girls. They say 60-70% of blokes want something more, want to meet later go to hotel etc. And unless you are Brad Pitt it is never going to happen!! Sure they take their clothes off for money but they do not have sex for money, if they wanted to be prostitutes they would be but they dont!

I've been offered a hotel outcall three times by girls in strip clubs, and I'm no Brad Pitt :)