Curious Rose

Tips For Better Ow

15 posts in this topic

Top Tips for better Oral-With (OW)

A lot of gents and ladies opt for OWO – this is perfectly fine and all a matter of personal choice – but it seems to a perpetually hot topic. For those who are happier to give or receive covered oral, here are a few tips!

(I haven't put it in the health forum because it's as much about pleasure as safety!)

1. Type of condom: flavoured are more pleasant to suck on, generally, but most condoms don't have a particularly bad taste these days (differs between brands: I think Pasante taste worst and Mates best, Durex leaves me indifferent!). For those ladies and punters who like to use extra safe condoms for sex and anal sex, you might consider using ultra fine for oral since the risks are lower, the condom is less likely to break, and you'll notice immediately if it does.

2. Lube: A dollop of water-based lube applied under the condom can do wonders for sensation and really improves the feel of OW for the gent. This is best applied without touching the penis in order to avoid cross contamination if you're going to be putting the condom on with your hands (so, apply directly from bottle or have the gent put a little on himself; alternatively use one hand and reserve the other hand for helping you roll the condom down while applying condom with mouth, see step 3!)

3. Applying the condom with your mouth (ladies): is much easier that it sounds and well worth learning to do for a whole host of reasons!

4. Suck harder!: It is more difficult to give OW than OWO because sensation is reduced. The lady needs to apply more pressure, do more with her tongue, and generally work on her skills (one of which is the tricky ability to tell what's working for someone and what isn't – sometimes this is practically impossible!).

5. To change or not to change?: Theoretically you need a new condom for a new sex act. In practice, if you're not sucking on it energetically for a long time and haven't snagged it with your teeth or nails (be vigilant!), the condom probably just needs re-lubricating on the outside if you're going to use it for sex. This is really important, because dry condoms can and do snap more easily. You may wish to change it just to be safe, or to use a thicker condom.

6. Ladies need to be sure that nothing applied to lips contains oil (lipbalm, lipgloss, lipstick will all be offenders), as this will degrade the condom.

If anyone has thoughts on the matter, I'd be glad to hear them.

What an informative post. .Thanks, Rose.

Great post. :)

I find flavoured lube works best rather than flavoured condoms, especially Pina Colada. I just can't get enough of the stuff, which is all the more better for the guy I guess. lol

Great post. :) I find flavoured lube works best rather than flavoured condoms, especially Pina Colada. I just can't get enough of the stuff, which is all the more better for the guy I guess. lol

I always have Pjur or Maximus lube with me after the pain i suffered at the hands of Durex Play Tingle, i love a fair amount of lube. ;)

Edited by smiths

Top Tips for better Oral-With (OW) A lot of gents and ladies opt for OWO – this is perfectly fine and all a matter of personal choice – but it seems to a perpetually hot topic. For those who are happier to give or receive covered oral, here are a few tips! (I haven't put it in the health forum because it's as much about pleasure as safety!)
  1. Type of condom: flavoured are more pleasant to suck on, generally, but most condoms don't have a particularly bad taste these days (differs between brands: I think Pasante taste worst and Mates best, Durex leaves me indifferent!). For those ladies and punters who like to use extra safe condoms for sex and anal sex, you might consider using ultra fine for oral since the risks are lower, the condom is less likely to break, and you'll notice immediately if it does.
  2. Lube: A dollop of water-based lube applied under the condom can do wonders for sensation and really improves the feel of OW for the gent. This is best applied without touching the penis in order to avoid cross contamination if you're going to be putting the condom on with your hands (so, apply directly from bottle or have the gent put a little on himself; alternatively use one hand and reserve the other hand for helping you roll the condom down while applying condom with mouth, see step 3!)
  3. Applying the condom with your mouth (ladies): is much easier that it sounds and well worth learning to do for a whole host of reasons!
  4. Suck harder!: It is more difficult to give OW than OWO because sensation is reduced. The lady needs to apply more pressure, do more with her tongue, and generally work on her skills (one of which is the tricky ability to tell what's working for someone and what isn't – sometimes this is practically impossible!).
  5. To change or not to change?: Theoretically you need a new condom for a new sex act. In practice, if you're not sucking on it energetically for a long time and haven't snagged it with your teeth or nails (be vigilant!), the condom probably just needs re-lubricating on the outside if you're going to use it for sex. This is really important, because dry condoms can and do snap more easily. You may wish to change it just to be safe, or to use a thicker condom.
  6. Ladies need to be sure that nothing applied to lips contains oil (lipbalm, lipgloss, lipstick will all be offenders), as this will degrade the condom.

Good advice. OWO only for me, OW does zero for me but this is a handy guide in my view. :)

Good work, it could be one of those 'cut out and keep' guides you so often see in the tabloid press!

Good tips Rose, tho I'm hopelessly addicted to OWO.

It's a selfish view, but anything that others do to reduce cross-infection makes OWO safer for me, and this has got to be a good thing! :)

Edited by Reverend Dick

Actually putting the condom on by mouth is also a great precursor to intercourse itself.

Actually putting the condom on by mouth is also a great precursor to intercourse itself.

With no lipstick,/lipgloss/lip balm/oil from a snack on the lips.

Rose, how do you stop yourself choking on the tip of a condom? It tickles my tonsils.

With no lipstick,/lipgloss/lip balm/oil from a snack on the lips.

Rose, how do you stop yourself choking on the tip of a condom? It tickles my tonsils.

You could always get your tonsils removed!

Very educational as always Rose!

2. Lube: A dollop of water-based lube applied under the condom can do wonders for sensation and really improves the feel of OW for the gent.

I wondered what you were doing the first time we met when you squeezed a bit of lube on first just around the glans, but not on the shaft before applying the condom...having only had lube on the outside of the condom previously...I thought about it afterwards and guessed that the purpose was to improve the glide sensation and avoid the tightly-stuffed sausage effect.

Of course, from that first moment, I quickly discovered that you're not only a pretty face, but a very well-informed young lady!!

After having OW in Amsterdam and then OWO afterwards, there's certainly no going back for me. If i'm paying for a bj i want to feel the full effect of it and cim is amazing. Each to their own, safety first etc

An excellent post, especially point 2 as that really does make a big difference to the overall experience of OW :)

Top Tips for better Oral-With (OW)

A lot of gents and ladies opt for OWO – this is perfectly fine and all a matter of personal choice – but it seems to a perpetually hot topic. For those who are happier to give or receive covered oral, here are a few tips!

(I haven't put it in the health forum because it's as much about pleasure as safety!)

Great post!

I do prefer OWO for obvious reasons but from a safety first point of view I’d certainly like to try a few of those ideas!