4u2no

Etiquette Question For The Ladies

33 posts in this topic

When booking a lady can one phone her for a brief chat to find out what shes like, or does one just phone up to book an appointment like at your doctors surgery?

When booking a lady can one phone her for a brief chat to find out what shes like, or does one just phone up to book an appointment like at your doctors surgery?

I insist on a chat as it works both ways, I get a feel for the gent, pun intended :rolleyes:

A couple of times i've had the phone slammed down on me, just for asking what services are available. How else is a punter to know till he gets there?

A couple of times i've had the phone slammed down on me, just for asking what services are available. How else is a punter to know before he gets there?

A couple of times i've had the phone slammed down on me, just for asking what services are available. How else is a punter to know before he gets there?

They probably have assumed that you've already seen their site and think you're timewasting (?)

It does annoy me when the gents dont bother to read my ads. EG. I state that I dont do oral or sex and they ask "Do you do oral or sex?"

I would consider that a result, you have been given a very concise description of services provided a little or no cost to yourself.

It depends where you saw her advertised. If it's a newspaper ad with little information then she will expect a lot of questions. If you've seen her on a website, a lot of girls will get annoyed if you ask too many questions that are already answered on the site. It's always best to ask specific questions with short or yes/no answer. If you call and ask what kind of services she provides, she may interpret this as you trying to get her to talk dirty.

I'd limit calls to five minutes or less. Usually you can tell whether or not she's a nice person or has a professional manner within a minute or two.

A couple of times i've had the phone slammed down on me, just for asking what services are available. How else is a punter to know till he gets there?

You can say that again!

Some think you are just standing there with your dick in your hand getting a cheap thrill from asking what they view as time-wasting questions. I think it is a good idea to ask relevant questions and speak with the lady to try to get a feel for the type of personality you're dealing with.

I know some will respond by saying 'oh if you guys knew how many phone calls us girls had to deal with blah blah blah' but hey, it's your job/profession whatever, so it goes with the territory and should be accepted as such.

There was one I called (or tried to call) a few weeks back who wanted only to communicate via text messages, if you can believe it. Needless to say I went elsewhere.

Well, we all may operate differently so can't really comment on behalf of everyone else. But I welcome a brief chat as it also helps me to get a bit of a first impression of someone. The tone and attitude may actually prompt me to politely decline an encounter. I don't list services so anyone checking with me if I am happy to provide something they are keen on is fine. Generally, so there is a fine line between asking about something you would like and guys who assume this is a free sex chat line. I do however not appreciate anyone asking me so what will I get for my money etc. So my advice would be to ask but perhaps refrain from too gratuitous chat that might make the lady think of you as a time waster who wants to get off on the call.

Of course it has to be each to their own, but personally I insist on a chat with the gentlmen who wish to book us.

Likes and dislikes can then be briefly discussed, and as one lady on here has already mentioned, you can get a feel for one another.

I have only not gone ahead with a potential booking once after the chat, as I did not verbally gel with the gentleman (and probably he with me from his side.)

All will be different of course, so there is no real etiquette as all ladies will have their own thoughts on this.

I feel if you wish to have a chat with a lady before booking you should choose the ladies willing to do that with you 4you2no.

Lucy.

As stated by others do not ask questions that are answered on the website, I personally will not go into detail on the phone as all the info is on the site,

For me just call and book easy as that

i rarely ask for specific info over the phone

but one thing that annoys me, is that when i phone an indy, i will ask her if she's available, and she will ask me where i've got the number or if i've seen her before, and sound a little shocked for some reason. :rolleyes:

I will answer questions especially as they may have simply seen a listing or short profile only. I don't mind a quick chat, also perhaps a chance to explain my appointment system. If they ask if I will say dress as a secretary etc then within reason I will confirm that.

Was is a no-no is going right into detail, i.e. asking for a blow-by-blow description of exactly what you will do during the appointment, running through a complete fantasy etc, then you start to sound like a TW. Repeat phone calls asking the same details really don't go down very well either!

It's common sense really.

That's a question to ask if say someone calls, and asks for "details". I will then ask where they saw my number then I have an idea how much, or how little they have seen - no point repeating stuff they've already read. Some guys can also sound extremely friendly - as if they have already met you, I will then ask if we've met before just to keep the conversation going whilst I'm checking my schedule. Also means when I do find an appointment for them I know they will require directions.

...i will ask her if she's available, and she will ask me where i've got the number or if i've seen her before, and sound a little shocked for some reason. :rolleyes:

Guys asking if you're available, getting you discussing times etc, often then ask can you give me details and how much.

Why check when I'm available when you don't know what it is I offer :)

Or am I missing the man logic of getting me to confirm what it says on my website that I do :D

...so asking where you got my number least lets me know what it is you've seen as I know what I've put where

...tho more and more are just saying 'online' or the 'web' ...which leaves me having to ask what it is they think I offer

Not helping me help them really...

Very well put Lilly. Yes, quite often a guy will ask in the order you state - ask for an appointment then ask about services/prices.

I've even agreed an appointment time with a guy for the next day, he then says "You do do sex without a condom?", I say "No" and he then says "I don't want the booking".

Text is even worse!Agree a booking and then go through a series of question and answers about services/dressage and when you say no you get told "not interested".

One of the many reasons a lot of WGs will not converse by text.

Thank you Strawberry :rolleyes:

And to the OP, I like the doctors surgery appointments, where the guy comes straight out with...

'Hi Lilly, I've seen your website and I'd like to visit you Wednesday afternoon. Are you free about 3pm for an hour ?'

Yes says I.... and then we can chat as long as he likes about Brighton & Hove, do you know it well around here, how easy it is to park (!) ((round my bit it is)), are you travelling far... oh good... give me a call in the morning to confirm.... nice chatting with you.

Anything but the personal kind of stuff, I prefer that to be left until the booking.

The pre-booking chat should just allay nerves, and as the OP says, let the guy know what I'm like... my site says everything else he needs to know till he gets here.

I tend to find that corresponding by email BEFORE calling a lady to ascertain a few specifics works very well, especially if you are planning a rendezvous in the near future.

Then I follow up with phone call to confirm the liaison in addition for lady to have the opportunity to "sound me out" so to speak.

I don't know if this would work for parlours (don't go there), guess highly unlikely unless such an establishment has an appointments only system in place.

I detest having to talk on the phone, I like to read all the info on site in reports etc, book by email and turn up.

they usually want a phone call to confirm though.

my perfect punt in this respect was xenia, the first time I actually spoke to her was when I walked through her front door.

:rolleyes:

I'm afraid a phone call makes it more likely a guy is serious and will turn up - plus it also means if/when he rings on the day to confirm or find your place you know it's him and not to pick up the withheld/random enquiry number which would leave your phone to voicemail, and then make the guy suspicious as to why he can't get through to you.

Method in madness is a good thing!

I really don't get this 'personal' stuff thing. Guys are paying us to be nice and sexy, yet then think they or we want/need to become chat buddies.

Chat is great but that's in the appointment and perhaps once we have worked out we may have a connection or be interested in outside matters!

It's always worth having a few words--- you learn so much that you can't from a website, which someone else may have designed. Does the girl sound friendly and interested or off-hand or -as once only [in the US]- well spaced out?

I will answer questions especially as they may have simply seen a listing or short profile only

Exactly, some indies (and before the small-ads clampdown, certainly some parlours too) advertise both on the net and in papers, maybe in newsagents too. So all bets are off as to where the guys heard of her.

Thank you Strawberry :)

And to the OP, I like the doctors surgery appointments, where the guy comes straight out with...

'Hi Lilly, I've seen your website and I'd like to visit you Wednesday afternoon. Are you free about 3pm for an hour ?'

Yes says I.... and then we can chat as long as he likes about Brighton & Hove, do you know it well around here, how easy it is to park (!) ((round my bit it is)), are you travelling far... oh good... give me a call in the morning to confirm.... nice chatting with you.

Anything but the personal kind of stuff, I prefer that to be left until the booking.

The pre-booking chat should just allay nerves, and as the OP says, let the guy know what I'm like... my site says everything else he needs to know till he gets here.

Same here!

I think you can usually tell by the first question what the calls going to go like?

I love it when someone phones me and says "Hi Louisa I saw your website can I book for an hour on whatever day and time?"

But yes I do get lots of guys phoning up who are pretty vague and random and alot who have actually been on my website but call asking "What times are you available tommorow?" when its clearly on my rota page :D

I had one guy call me last week and say "Hi What do you do?" I said "Pardon?" so he said "What are personal services?" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I give up :)