Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CP1

Bad Time To Lose Your Wallet!

39 posts in this topic

Okay, so I wake up this morning, tingling with anticipation of my overnight tonight with my favourite ever WG. it's been a few weeks in the planning, I've spent a couple of long bookings with her before so i'm comfortable with her and I know what to expect, exchanged texts this week furthering the anticipation, it couldn't be better, right?

except of course when i get downstairs to go out to work this morning- where's my fvcking wallet???!!!

so I'm stood outside the bank at 8.55 hopping from foot to foot, smoking feverishly, muttering under my breath etc... fortunately I was able to cash a cheque and it's all fine...

just wondering if anyone else has ever lost their walltes at a punting-inopportune moment?

Okay, so I wake up this morning, tingling with anticipation of my overnight tonight with my favourite ever WG. it's been a few weeks in the planning, I've spent a couple of long bookings with her before so i'm comfortable with her and I know what to expect, exchanged texts this week furthering the anticipation, it couldn't be better, right?

except of course when i get downstairs to go out to work this morning- where's my fvcking wallet???!!!

so I'm stood outside the bank at 8.55 hopping from foot to foot, smoking feverishly, muttering under my breath etc... fortunately I was able to cash a cheque and it's all fine...

just wondering if anyone else has ever lost their walltes at a punting-inopportune moment?

Not the same but i once forgot to take cash out of a ATM the day before a punt and when i went on the day it wasnt working and neither was the next one, i was then thinking the whole network is probably down, the banks had shut so i would of been stuffed. Fortunately the next machine was working. :)

Again, not the same scenario, but I remember years ago turning up at an appointment and the girl in question was nothing as I had imagined and the best spur of the moment excuse I could make was "Sorry but I have just realised I have left my wallet in the car, give me a minute to go back and fetch it and I will be right back with you" Needless to say I didn't return.

How feeble and shameless was that! Even recalling it I feel quite embarrassed. Just seemed the kindest way to extricate myself from an awkward situation at the time.

Did you find you wallet in the end, CP1?

Edited by balls of fire

Did you find you wallet in the end, CP1?

sadly not, still, looking forward to tonight too much to get all that bothered about it... at some point tomorrow I'll start fuming no doubt...

Unrelated to the background of this but I have ''lost'' my wallet a couple of times but then found it again.

Each time I think ''do I really need to carry 3 credit cards and more cash than I actually need around with me''? The answer of course is ''no'', although American Express card holders will know that they have to always carry an alternative.

Sometimes though, when I'm in pastures new, I will only take enough cash for the mission and that's all.

Sometimes though, when I'm in pastures new, I will only take enough cash for the mission and that's all.

Very good advice in an unknown area. You can never be too careful, and explaining to Mrs P why I lost my wallet in, say Stoke, could be difficult since I have no reason to be there.

Unrelated to the background of this but I have ''lost'' my wallet a couple of times but then found it again. Each time I think ''do I really need to carry 3 credit cards and more cash than I actually need around with me''? The answer of course is ''no'', although American Express card holders will know that they have to always carry an alternative. Sometimes though, when I'm in pastures new, I will only take enough cash for the mission and that's all.

With newbies to me i never carry more valuables than i have to, so the agreed punt cash, mobile and car keys, i have my punt bag but nothing in it is worth anything. I leave the rest in the car and hope the car isnt stolen. :)

Very good advice in an unknown area. You can never be too careful, and explaining to Mrs P why I lost my wallet in, say Stoke, could be difficult since I have no reason to be there.

God, that would be difficult, why on earth would anybody want to be in Stoke?

I thought I'd buy you a tea set dear!!!

Some seriously good punting there though

Could be to watch a good football team, but I guess it depends on who they are playing.

Could be to watch a good football team, but I guess it depends on who they are playing.

We played them on Tuesday and only drew. I could have been buying some serious china but we already have two mugs at home (yes her and me!! before the rest of you get in there!)

We played them on Tuesday and only drew. I could have been buying some serious china but we already have two mugs at home (yes her and me!! before the rest of you get in there!)

Mugs - do you ''chip'' in?

I suspect I had my wallet knicked during a punt. Was a while back, and only realised once I had left.

It all added up afterwards. The girls bit my manhood which made me yelp...big time. In the fuss that followed I suspect her or the maid helped themselves, having observed where I kept it earlier when paying.

Horrible feeling.....

With newbies to me i never carry more valuables than i have to, so the agreed punt cash, mobile and car keys, i have my punt bag but nothing in it is worth anything. I leave the rest in the car and hope the car isnt stolen. :)

More than one client has told me they don't leave valuables in the car because on their travels around the country they've experienced those who watch car parks for people who do this.

I know when I'm out in the car I always make a point of putting my sat nav in my bag, and taking it with me. There are too many tales of broken windscreens for my liking.

Nope, but i have often wondered what if i get pulled over by the poilce for something and have to explain why i have £300 in 20 pound notes in my back pocket, lol!

More than one client has told me they don't leave valuables in the car because on their travels around the country they've experienced those who watch car parks for people who do this.

I know when I'm out in the car I always make a point of putting my sat nav in my bag, and taking it with me. There are too many tales of broken windscreens for my liking.

Its a case of weighing up the risks as i see them. :)

Nope, but i have often wondered what if i get pulled over by the poilce for something and have to explain why i have £300 in 20 pound notes in my back pocket, lol!

You could always say that you had a good day at the races but seriously £300 doesn't need explaining. Many of us carry such sums as a matter of course. When I was working I generally had £250+ on me for incidental expenses etc.

Changing tack a bit; I once left my jacket behind and got a call from the lady asking me to return to collect it. I have been back since as she is a gem.

I don't think there's any justifiable reason EVER in any circumstances to EVER be in Stoke :)

Punting abroad...cash machines wont give...but have cash in sterling...sneak into bank at 4:55. The non-blonde behind the counter didnt really know how to exchange...showed patience of a patient person as she read the on-line help to fill in the right forms. As a non-customer of this bank I had no basis to get mad, but 25 min to exchange £150? At one point I did want to just shake her...

Ha Porker Paul! I knew you would be wrong eventually and I'd disagree with you on the board - you're a Spud!!

Mucho consternation in the ranks (its not like being in the North Bank though) when we went 2 0 down and could be 13 pts behind. But you know the rest.....

A punt afterwards and it could've been the perfect day thread!

You could always say that you had a good day at the races but seriously £300 doesn't need explaining. Many of us carry such sums as a matter of course. When I was working I generally had £250+ on me for incidental expenses etc.

Changing tack a bit; I once left my jacket behind and got a call from the lady asking me to return to collect it. I have been back since as she is a gem.

Did you do that just so you had an excuse to go back? lol

Ha Porker Paul! I knew you would be wrong eventually and I'd disagree with you on the board - you're a Spud!!

Mucho consternation in the ranks (its not like being in the North Bank though) when we went 2 0 down and could be 13 pts behind. But you know the rest.....

A punt afterwards and it could've been the perfect day thread!

Hi Southern Boy. Posting at 01.59 eh? Way past your bed time :rolleyes: . Three points at lunchtime will improve my digestion. no end!

It's not wrong to support the team who have been top London team all season!

Have a good day!

well, wallet or no wallet, the overnight (my first with a WG) was absolutely brilliant brilliant brilliant.

well, wallet or no wallet, the overnight (my first with a WG) was absolutely brilliant brilliant brilliant.

Very glad to hear this. :)

thanks mate. managed to do a morning at work today too whilst *floating* on the memories. my clients got a very, very enthusiastic and happy service today I can assure you :)