Max Gentle

My boyfriend the sex tourist - documentary on Channel 4

12 posts in this topic

I happened across a documentary on Channel 4 last night - "My boyfriend the sex tourist." I see this has been discussed before:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14314&highlight=My+boyfriend+the+sex+tourist

as the programme has been broadcast before but it's the first time I'd seen or heard of it.

Last night's programme was about a resort on Margarita Island in Venezuela which offers package tours with WGs included as part of the deal. The WGs live in and are chosen by the visitors for 24 hours or more to be their companion & sex partner.

I thought it was, on one level, a logical extension of both tourism and prostitution but also a step closer something that made me feel slightly uncomfortable...difficult to define...:rolleyes:

There's another programme in the series next week. More at:

http://movie-tv-episode-database.com/Documentary/My-Boyfriend-The-Sex-Tourist-629697/

It actually made me seriously embarrassed to be a punter and to examine my punting.

The pimp there was very unlikeable and some of the comments by the girls were understandable but I would hate that said about me.

The punters in the main were dreadful.

I watched it too, a tourist had a penis that looked like "corn on the cob" with genital warts, the girl refused to go with him and was told it was fine as she used condoms, yikes, she refused as you can still catch them when using protection. Another girl refused to go with a chap and got sacked with no pay. The girls did not look happy there at all and most were sending money back to their families on the mainland. They they had to be with the chap f24/7 and if they did not get chosen they did not earn. Most of the chaps were overweight, old and had hygene problems according to the commentator.

The commentator and camera shots chosen were biased, in my opinion, to show the punters up in the worst light possible but unfortunately even knowing that it was still a really horrible experience to watch and still makes me shudder at the memory.

Most of the chaps were overweight, old and had hygene problems according to the commentator.
The commentator and camera shots chosen were biased, in my opinion, to show the punters up in the worst light possible...

I didn't see the whole programe but the punter they called "Fat Bob" seemed to be an unlovely specimen. That said, he and the rest were probably no worse than a percentage of 'normal' punters that any WG might encounter and who am I to judge...? :D

I watched it too, a tourist had a penis that looked like "corn on the cob" with genital warts, the girl refused to go with him and was told it was fine as she used condoms, yikes, she refused as you can still catch them when using protection. Another girl refused to go with a chap and got sacked with no pay. The girls did not look happy there at all and most were sending money back to their families on the mainland. They they had to be with the chap f24/7 and if they did not get chosen they did not earn.

Those were the things that made me feel uncomfortable. I suppose you could say that the WGs were there out of choice, rather than being trafficked/compelled, but it was obviously a pretty poor situation for them. I'm sure there are plenty of situations that are as bad or worse in the world and there's probably a queue of girls who would take the work but the whole setup seemed close to slavery and degradation. I guess that was the effect the documentary was trying to achieve. :)

none of the girls to be honest floated my boat but the punters attitudes didnt exactly do themselves any favours esp Bob

Most of the chaps were overweight, old and had hygene problems according to the commentator.

Unlike the young, virile adonai that punt in the UK? I'm not entirely sure the focus should be on the physics, as we all know that is irrelevent, but more the disturbing undercurrent of what goes on in the minds of some of these people.

I didn't see the program this time around, but remember watching it some time ago (in my pre-punting days). Like Ghenghis, I found the punters to be truly horrible people and the whole portrayal of the sex-tourist scene was pretty shocking. I felt very sorry for the girls.

My experience of the UK scene is very different as I mostly visit British/Western European indies who seem very well settled in their choice of career and obviously can refuse to see any punter they wish. I don't doubt though that there is a murky punting underworld somewhere at the bottom of the heap in the UK where girls (both British and foreign) are treated similarly. My hope is that as time moves on and the ability to set yourself up as an indie becomes more readily available that these places disappear. There will always though be room for a well run parlour and agency (e.g. HoD and/or 00-44) imho.

It made uncomfortable, yet compelling viewing. I felt my skin crawling throughout the whole programme, I particularly warmed to the following charming characters : Bob, the Dental Student??? and of course The Owner/Pimp. In all honesty I would sooner book into a monastery for a week than that hellhole.

another bit of Feminazi propagana. cant wait till mad hattie goes, then i think the shit will hit the fan. more moral b/s

sounds like a repeat of the same prog which aired a few years ago

I think that as a result of this programme, there was UK political pressure to close it. They were raided and skipped of to the Dominican Republic and also tried to set up in Costa Rica.