Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
porker paul

Unprofessional Marketing

21 posts in this topic

I had a text out of the blue this morning from lady I saw just the once, well over 2 years ago. "Hi, just to let you know that I am back in B..... again now.".

Needless to say I will not be returning. Such an approach is highly unprofessional and could have been embarrassing to one who does not use a dedicated punting phone.

Why do some ladies think this is appropriate.

I know we have been here before, but not for a while, methinks.

Did you not tick the box to 'opt out'? :P

I have only had this once, albeit for a couple of weeks until I got her to stop. Absolute pain.

Often wondered why girls don't use the email on the other site a bit more as it is much more confidential, assuming you remember to close your browser etc. Personally I would be quite happy to get email that way with news, special offers, tours etc. But please no texts!

I had a text out of the blue this morning from lady I saw just the once, well over 2 years ago. "Hi, just to let you know that I am back in B..... again now.".

Needless to say I will not be returning. Such an approach is highly unprofessional and could have been embarrassing to one who does not use a dedicated punting phone.

Not an acceptable excuse, but probably needed bookings/money. Just goes to prove that old point that a dedicated punting phone is an absolute must.

Edited by raylondoner

Guys often make enquiries, and ask me to contact them/let them know if I'm ever in their area. I hesitate at this because I feel there is so much potential for wrong to be done, I also don't wish to keep a long list of 'people to text should I be in their near vicinity. Not too long ago a guy I had noted down as such, phoned and asked me for my details, when I said don't you remember asking me to text you if I was ever passing by he said "Uh?did I?" I know he did because I specifically remembered the conversation we had. In this game it's the guys who should be looking out for us, I will admit to having sent an email via another site recently to someone who had asked several times if I may be travelling towards him at some point - but that's within the site and potential for damage fairly harmless as I see it. I don't really like to do it though, for many reasons including those as per above.

I had a text out of the blue this morning from lady I saw just the once, well over 2 years ago. "Hi, just to let you know that I am back in B..... again now.". Needless to say I will not be returning. Such an approach is highly unprofessional and could have been embarrassing to one who does not use a dedicated punting phone. Why do some ladies think this is appropriate. I know we have been here before, but not for a while, methinks.

Totally unprofessional unless its been agreed between the punter and WG, and i agree with Ray regarding using a dedicated punting phone. I received some texts on mine from a party organiser who thought he was texting his wife, when i rang him to tell him to stop texting me he said he must of selected the wrong person, no really, i told him he should be more careful in future and he got all shirty as though it was my fault. I last went to this provider a couple of years before but he had kept my number, a few other SPs have texted and rang me out of the blue canvassing for my business, like you unsolicited contact ensures no future business from me. Discretion is absolutely essential in punting unless you give a SP your permission to contact you. :)

Come on, Paul! You was totally delighted and flattered to recieve this message, thats why you want to tell us all about it. ;-) (at least somebody appreciated you and wanted you back). However for some reason you choose to moan about it, so that way you can create another banal topic.

I can't understand your quote: "Needless to say I will not be returning". Of course you bloody would not, but not because she sent you text. If you have not seen her during the last two years, there must be a reason why you would not see her anyway.

Come on, Paul! You was totally delighted and flattered to recieve this message, thats why you want to tell us all about it. ;-) (at least somebody appreciated you and wanted you back). However for some reason you choose to moan about it, so that way you can create another banal topic.

I can't understand your quote: "Needless to say I will not be returning". Of course you bloody would not, but not because she sent you text. If you have not seen her during the last two years, there must be a reason why you would not see her anyway.

I don't feel this is a "banal topic" and the replies from other punters and SPs would indicate that the majority agree with me.

The fact that one SP wants to see me again hardly fills me with glee. I have no bank of regulars but do have a few ladies whose company I enjoy. This lady was not one of them and the feedback I gave her was clearly non-committal.

Xenia, if you feel this topic is "banal" there is nothing I can do to disabuse you, so you have to trust me that this SP does not enjoy my confidence.

BTW what have I done to upset you?

You have not upset me, Paul. You've been on this forum enough to realise, what predictable answers you going to get on this topic. Which will be in the lines: "get a punting sim/phone", "name and shame", "unprofessional and desperate for a business", plus maybe some other posts telling about similar experience.

Its the way business works apparently these days. Endless spam, cold calling etc. Anything to follow the chance of a sale, etc.

Anyway, if it's that important and tedious though it is, you can simply get a new sim or email address.

I've had unsolicited texts as well. I'm single and don't have a seperate punting phone so they don't bother me but I can see how it could cause problems for some.

If it's a lady I want to see again then I will, if I don't then I won't, a text is going to make no difference either way.

Some WG's clearly didn't pass the 'marketing vs discretion' module at Hooker Uni. Even clients who I suspect would really prefer for me to keep in contact in between meets, maybe the odd text or email, I don't. Not out of being lazy or not giving a toss, but I just never know when there situation may change (get a girlfriend, be in hospital and someone else has the phone etc etc etc). I will NEVER contact anyone first. If you email me I will reply, or with clients I have met will reply to texts, but outside of that am paranoid of things going wrong on their end so never make contact, ever.

Oops, just thought of one exception to my rule - a thank you email for a review or nice post about me has always been appreciated. Is that acceptable? ;)

Some WG's clearly didn't pass the 'marketing vs discretion' module at Hooker Uni. Even clients who I suspect would really prefer for me to keep in contact in between meets, maybe the odd text or email, I don't. Not out of being lazy or not giving a toss, but I just never know when there situation may change (get a girlfriend, be in hospital and someone else has the phone etc etc etc). I will NEVER contact anyone first. If you email me I will reply, or with clients I have met will reply to texts, but outside of that am paranoid of things going wrong on their end so never make contact, ever.

Oops, just thought of one exception to my rule - a thank you email for a review or nice post about me has always been appreciated. Is that acceptable? ;)

That's what I mean by professional, Jemma. A text sender has no idea when or where the text will be received.

Exactly. If you have just received a text, at least you can be pretty certain they are holding the phone. Maybe I have too much imagination, or maybe I saw too many Carry On films at an impressionable age, but the idea of texting a client out of the blue is to me, just asking for trouble. Also, there's something a bit.....well.....desperate about it. Like you haven't got enough work, and are trying to drum some up. If they wanted to see you again, and you are still advertising where they found you initially, they will get in touch with YOU. Desperate is never a good look on a girl.

Desperate is never a good look on a girl.

Naked and desperate for a good "seeing to" works for me! ;)

Naked and desperate for a good "seeing to" works for me! ;)

Okay, you got me. The exception that proves the rule though, for sure....

For me and I suspect for most men an e-mail is fine and often useful but I do not appreciate texts. I assume the same people advocating a punting phone/SIM also advocate a punting e-mail adress.

Anything that could spill over into civilian life is fraught and dangerous.

For me and I suspect for most men an e-mail is fine and often useful but I do not appreciate texts. I assume the same people advocating a punting phone/SIM also advocate a punting e-mail adress.

Anything that could spill over into civilian life is fraught and dangerous.

I dont punt using email but if i did i would have a dedicated punting email address, just like with a dedicated punting phone/sim its basic common sense in my eyes.

I'm the opposite!!

I actively encourage WGs to contact me (on my punting mobile), especially those who are touring, those

regular Wgs that I see who may be running any special offers, news of old WG's returning back to work,

or those who've come back form a few week's holiday and are now feeling "horny" (marketing term for skint!!).

Those girls with whom I've had really good sessions and plan to return.... I've even asked them to store my

number either on their private phone or in a diary, so that in case they lose/replace their SIM Card (which

is quitre often) they still have my details on hand.

At the outset, I did ask them to store my name and number, and informed them that it is safe to call me or

text me at ANY TIME as the phone is safe, no one has access to my mobile and even if they did, it has a

PIN to it,so that only I can answer it or read their my text messages.

On average I get 1~2 texts per day informing me of any tours / updates, etc.

Additionally, now and then will get a missed call or a text from someone (usually a WG whose number

I have not stored) whom I tried to contact that day/previous day, informing me that they had a missed call.

As we ALL already know, not all of them are clued up to discretion, etc., so this is bound to happen sooner

or later. Enough warnings have been posted here about using your normal/work mobile or work email address

could eventually get you into a pickle.

For all those WGs on this MB who are touting for Business, especially in the East Mid, my mobile number is 07xxx 123456, lol.

Let's see if my phone gets any busier, lol.

I see where you're coming from (the girl in question is convenient cannon fodder for this topic).

I can think of several gorgeous girls who have disappeared from the radar from whom I would be glad to receive a txt to let me know that they are still (or back) on the circuit.

Not a boring topic though.

Edited by SpoksEyebrows