Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bert

Phone Unlock Codes - Free ?

4 posts in this topic

I've recently inherited a HTC hero which is currently locked to T-mobile. Can anyone reccommend a website where you can find the unlock code by entering the IMEI number ?

I've done this on other phones in the past via the internet without going down the local phone shop and paying £15 or whatever but can't remember whch site I found the info on. Info appreciated !

There are hundreds of websites which claim to unlock your HTC hero, you just need to Goggle it. You also can buy an unlock code from ebay for your phone at around £3-£5. However its never guarantee that the code which will they sent to you, you will actually fully"unlock" it, as some phones not just locked to the network provider, they might be even locked to the particular SIM.

The problem is, no matter how many phones you managed to unlock successfully with a free or paid for codes you got from the net, the next one one you will acquire, might "brick" it your phone. You would have as much success to get money back from this joints, as as to get free BJ from your local hooker.

Why is such a problem to go to your local independent mobile shop joint, usually run by the asian people, and they do it for a tenner in the matter of 10-15 min? If they could not (But they usually do!) you no need to pay.

Why is such a problem to go to your local independent mobile shop joint, usually run by the asian people, and they do it for a tenner in the matter of 10-15 min? If they could not (But they usually do!) you no need to pay.

Fair comment Xenia. after much searching on the net I came up with zilch for free..... so, went to the first shop - yeah ok, we can un lock it for £10, fine I said. Hung about for half an hour and the guy said - this is more difficult... come back in 2 hours. Went back - told me can't unlock it as his sim cable is not working, needs to order new one... can do it next week, no charge for his investigation. Fail !

Next shop "any phone unlocked", - sorry can't unlock that phone - yes it's a HTC but the ones branded t-mobile make my computer hang up and it prevent's me from unlocking them. fcuk off.... yeah, fcuk you too ! Fail !

Next shop - t-mobile - please can you unlock this phone - it's one of yours ? - no - fuck off ! you can ring our head office and they will give you the code but it takes them minimum 30 days before they send you the code, not sure if they charge you he said.

Bollocks

went on ebay and found this site :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HTC-UNLOCK-3UK-VODAFONE-ORANGE-T-MOBILE-O2-CODE-3-VIRGIN-UK-TESCO?item=180849948658&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7468917739128533622

guy has a 'chat on line' facility so asked him if there was a problem unlocking said phone. Why should there be he replied ... give me the IMEI number. 5 min later received code and phone is unlocked. cost me a fortune tho' all of £1.65.

WTF the phone shops were fcuking about at I'll never know but I can reccomend the above site 100%