Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Corus Boy

Olympics Clean Up

21 posts in this topic

Similar story on BBC too - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17588665

I just love the weasel words and the disengenuousness of it all.

Quote: A Metropolitan Police statement said: "Police in Tower Hamlets............. have worked together over the last 12 months, unprompted by the Games, to respond to specific issues identified by the local community that are linked to on-street prostitution and associated anti-social behaviour.

Call me cynical but it's strange how the east end has been riddled with brothels from Bethnal Green to Ilford and Romford, yet they choose NOW to begin a clear up?

And are the indie ladies who work from their own flats and houses being targetted in a similar way? I doubt it. Sweep it away for the Olympics, then when it's all over, turn a blind eye. It will just move the problem elsewhere.

The Met are clearly going for gold!

Come to think of it, the Met are probably outnumbered by prostitutes in London anyway.

And are the indie ladies who work from their own flats and houses being targetted in a similar way? I doubt it.

I doubt it too, as they are not breaking the law.

They are being targeted. A friend of mine advertises on ** & had her phone taken in the latest raid. The aim is to disrupt trade in Stratford. They claim 2 women work there & it's a brothel, to justify the raid. They also inform your landlord.

They are being targeted. A friend of mine advertises on ** & had her phone taken in the latest raid. The aim is to disrupt trade in Stratford. They claim 2 women work there & it's a brothel, to justify the raid. They also inform your landlord.

If two women work there, the police are right.

2 women don't work there, but the raids are officially "to be sure", & according to the officers "to drive prostitutes out".

I feel like I'm repeating myself!

I can see Stratford overtaking CMK, temporarily, in a few months time.

Did she complain to the DPS or IPCC about the police and ask for her phone back. If she's not doing anything illegal then she has nothing to worry about and should complain. It's not illegal to work as a prostitute, as mentioned in Rockenroll's post.

ah-hah! this might explain what happened to us at the end of last year, my GF was working out of our flat near an Olympic venue but police made a visit, told our landlord and we got turfed out. Police report said we weren't breaking any laws and I swear the neighbours did not know but the Police claimed that there were complaints about a high number of men entering the premises during the day (in reality it was 6-8 per week). She was the only working girl near that venue as well but we were at a loss as to what sparked off the problems :(

Was she advertising on T'Other Site?

yep she was on the other site (not anymore mind), do you think the Police are using the other site to target specific areas???

Yes, they had print-offs & called the number to find the phone.

Similar story on BBC too - http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-17588665

I just love the weasel words and the disengenuousness of it all.

Quote: A Metropolitan Police statement said: "Police in Tower Hamlets............. have worked together over the last 12 months, unprompted by the Games, to respond to specific issues identified by the local community that are linked to on-street prostitution and associated anti-social behaviour.

Call me cynical but it's strange how the east end has been riddled with brothels from Bethnal Green to Ilford and Romford, yet they choose NOW to begin a clear up?

And are the indie ladies who work from their own flats and houses being targetted in a similar way? I doubt it. Sweep it away for the Olympics, then when it's all over, turn a blind eye. It will just move the problem elsewhere.

The Met are clearly going for gold!

Come to think of it, the Met are probably outnumbered by prostitutes in London anyway.

They certainly were weasel words. The police know where all advertised brothels are and if it suits let them operate, this is very clearly linked to cleaning up the area as they view it for the Olympics, they insult our intelligence by saying different but i fully expected this sadly and i assume many brothels in the area did to.

As to Indies they cant get done for running a brothel if they work alone and dont let anyone else work from their premises as they arent breaking the law.

It's damned under handed for the police to inform the landlord!

Most leases have a morality clause specifically mentioning prostitution that the landlord will have to act on.

Must say I'm surprised that LOCOG & IOC have not sold exclusive rights to a "High Class" agency to provide companionship for the Blazerazzi and visiting politicians.

Or have they

Must say I'm surprised that LOCOG & IOC have not sold exclusive rights to a "High Class" agency to provide companionship for the Blazerazzi and visiting politicians. Or have they

More than likely, the old "do as i say, not as i do" is as rife as ever with these pigs with their snouts in the trough.

It never ceases to amaze me that the authorities cannot connect the fact that 'the oldest profession' is never going to disappear and that it costs a lot in terms of time and money to even attempt to do anything with failure guaranteed. Legalise it, manage it and let everyone go about their business.

It never ceases to amaze me that the authorities cannot connect the fact that 'the oldest profession' is never going to disappear and that it costs a lot in terms of time and money to even attempt to do anything with failure guaranteed. Legalise it, manage it and let everyone go about their business.

Politicians and others with a desire to get themselves into a position of power attack prostitution because they know it's an easy target. Very few people will really stand up and oppose them for doing so because no-one wants to identify themselves as either a punter or a prostitute. Most of straight society is against prostitution because they see it as threatening to their values, however superficial and misguided that may be.

There's also a lot of vested interest in having an enemy, much the same as in the war on drugs. Police and lawmakers and those who run that whole system need to have a rôle in life, they need people to believe that there is a real threat in order to justify their budgets and their power. If there's no threat, there's no need for forces to protect against it. A lot of people's livelihoods and self-image depend on the status quo.

The fight against prostitution and the war on drugs are generated and sustained by those who want to attract society's resources into an field where they can benefit from the input. It doesn't matter to them that both are essentailly unwinnable, in fact that's a bonus - it just means that their rôle, with all its benefits for them, is assured for an indefinite period.

I think that the transport unions are going to clean up!