Coventrypunter

Jaqui Smith expenses

31 posts in this topic

I see on breakfast TV that trougher in chief Jaqui is in the shit again about her expenses.

couldnt happen to a nicer person.....:)

Has SASFAN been posting on the Daily Mail website?

SO MANY WALLETS

The time will come, as soon it must

When my career will turn to dust.

I have for years, worked with a will

With my hands deep in Parliament's till.

I've grown so rich these twelve years past

I suppose I knew it'd never last

Money to burn, expenses to claim

A never-ending gravy train.

But now, distant elections loom

And bring their prophecies of doom.

The ending comes, still, mustn't knock it

I've one last chance to fill my pocket.

All things must change, our leaders mime

So many wallets, so little time.

Her statement says she is "disappointed" at the findings.

This is the same woman who was "highly embarrassed" by her husband charging lewd films to the public purse for christs sake!

Why isn't she absolutely mortified to the point of resignation about having to apologise to parliament publicly for abusing the rules and her claims?

:):mad:

Why on earth, with 107 MPs resigning at the next election can the party leaders not look at this sensibly as an indication of their lack of leadership and make it up to a round 110??

This has gone way past time where the police should be involved and charging some with fraud.

This has gone way past time where the police should be involved and charging some with fraud.

Indeed, how about 25 anti-terrorist officers doing simultaneous raids on her two?? homes plus her private offices in parliament to search for evidence of her alledged crime? There is a precedent.:)

Why on earth, with 107 MPs resigning at the next election can the party leaders not look at this sensibly as an indication of their lack of leadership and make it up to a round 110??

Isn't that a tad unfair to Cameron and Clegg, who have not exercised any Government power (which is nine-tenths of the power in our system, if not more)? The real gravy-train years were under Blair, and it seems he has got away Scot-free for all his crimes.

This has gone way past time where the police should be involved and charging some with fraud

I'm not a professional lawyer, but I strongly suspect deception of the staff of the Fees Office would be a required element in the conduct of anyone who might be charged with fraud. There may be some such, but as the Fees Office was known for accepting nearly everything asked of it, I suspect few will have actually tried to deceive it.

Its amazing - in every company I have worked for its gross misconduct for fraudulent expense claims - even if it involves pence. Why are these "crooks" allowed to still be governing us?????

Isn't it just indicitive of the society we live in - it's this countries governement, we voted them in and we allowed it to happen for so long ?

Its amazing - in every company I have worked for its gross misconduct for fraudulent expense claims - even if it involves pence. Why are these "crooks" allowed to still be governing us?????

I believe that you are talking about what is known in the trade as an "inadvertent mistake", it does of course lead to one asking the question "What is an advertant mistake"

I wonder if HM Customs & Revenue would be as lenient with any of us if we made a similar inadvertant mistake?

Answers on a postcard to Gordon Brown.

Isn't that a tad unfair to Cameron and Clegg, who have not exercised any Government power (which is nine-tenths of the power in our system, if not more)? The real gravy-train years were under Blair, and it seems he has got away Scot-free for all his crimes.

Not at all, if Blair was PM and leader of Labour I would include him.

As he isn't then all three should resign on principle - that's if one of them could recognise a principle it it bit him on the arse!

Anyone got my http://images.chemistdirect.co.uk/images/productimages/large/sorex_fly_spray_21074.jpg they are around today

I believe that you are talking about what is known in the trade as an "inadvertent mistake", it does of course lead to one asking the question "What is an advertant mistake"

Is it not allowable as a defense to quote ignorance or mistake!

The root cause is the craven cowardice of those in parliament. Some years ago they needed- and quite possibly deserved- a boost in pay. Instead of making out an honest case for a pay increase and riding out the flak that would have ensued they took the cowards' way out. Let's pretend we are heroes by not asking for a pay increase, but don't worry lads- we'll take the brakes off the allowances system. Problem solved (in the short term at least) We get our pay increase by the back door whilst pretending to hold the line on pay restraint.

They do a similar trick with income tax. Don't worry folks, we won't increase income tax. Look, the income tax rate is staying the same. Great isn't it? No increase in income tax. Meanwhile the increase gets slapped onto National Insurance contributions and they keep their fingers crossed that nobody will notice.

Is it not allowable as a defense to quote ignorance or mistake!

Of course it is (whether or not you can get away with it is another matter of course), however I do find it a little hypocritical if it is used by those who seek to make paying, or promising to pay, a person for sexual services, a strict liability offence.

I'm sure that I've read that investigations are continuing but if no charges are brought lawyers representing the Taxpayers Alliance will be free to step in and commence procedings.

I also recall that Tony Blair's expenses records were "inadvertently shredded"

Can I add a small sidetrack to this thread please?

Is anyone actually going to vote Labour in next years election?

I'm bloody well not :P

I wonder if he will try to explain that and if so how?

Time to go Gordon, you just heard the fading echoes of the last dance.

With apologies to Nat King Cole.....................

The party's over

It's time to call it a day

They've burst your pretty balloon

And taken the moon away

It's time to wind up the masquerade

Just make your mind up the piper must be paid

The party's over

The candles flicker and dim

You danced and dreamed through the night

It seemed to be right just displacing him

Now you must wake up, all dreams must end

Take off your makeup, the party's over

It's all over, my friend

<instrumental 'the party's over'>

The party's over

<instrumental 'it's time to call it a day'>

It's time to call it a day

<instrumental 'they抳e burst your pretty balloon and taken the moon away'>

Now you must wake up, all dreams must end

Take off your makeup, the party's over

It's all over, my friend

It's all over, my friend

I wonder if he will try to explain that and if so how?

Time to go Gordon, you just heard the fading echoes of the last dance.

Gordon Brown has been so utterley desparate to become PM he will hold out to the very last second before he leaves. They will have to drag him out of No.10. He is so arrogant and believes no matter what he is the best man for the job even though he has mortgaged us for the next 50 years or more. :P

Gordon Brown has been so utterley desparate to become PM he will hold out to the very last second before he leaves. They will have to drag him out of No.10. He is so arrogant and believes no matter what he is the best man for the job even though he has mortgaged us for the next 50 years or more. :P

Care to expand on that claim? Are you thinking of the PFI? Or do you mean the costs of bailing out the banks? If the former, would you rather we did not have new schools and hospitals? Or would you rather pay the higher taxes that would otherwise be necessary to pay for them? If the latter, would you rather the government had let the banking system collapse? That's what would have happened if the Tories had had their way, of course; we would have ended in even more debt, but far worse things would have happened first.

Can I add a small sidetrack to this thread please?

Is anyone actually going to vote Labour in next years election

I probably will, but it makes very little difference as I live in a safe Tory seat.

I think Gordon needs an award for finding assets to actually sell after Maggie asset stripped the UK........................:P:rolleyes: