Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bricktop

How To Configure An Old Sky Modem To Post Office Broadband Settings?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Got my folks set up with a laptop and the cheapest postoffice broadband (just standard modem not wifi) so thought it would just be ok to let them use our old sky wireless modem, but the laptop and my iPad find the modem but it doesn't connect so how do I go about configuring it to the postoffice broadband settings?? Bearing in mind I'm as thick as a whale omelette..

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the link, In the end I bought a 2nd hand post office modem from Ebay. All`s sorted now! :)

If you have the Sky modem its still worth giving it a shot as they are pretty good routers especially when you flash them with DGteams customer firmware.

Which Sky modem do you have? Is it the Netgear DG834 v2 (the white one) or the DG934 (the black one which is actually just a rebadged DG834 v3).

I ask as only the Netgear routers can be used on other networks. Because the Sky modems have a customer firmware with the individual Sky username and password as part of the firmware (meaning no other person can use that sky router bar the person with that login details)

You will need to flash the Netgear router with the official Netgear firmware or - And this is why I am saying its a good idea to perservere. As I say DGteam made a fantastic custom firmware for the DG834 v2 and v3

So I would say flash the router with this. Here is the link to the DGteam website.

http://dgteam.ilbello.com/

If its the sagem router you have then there is nothing you can do as there is no means to get the sky firmware off this.