jones the butcher

How Do You Check Your Own Breath?

24 posts in this topic

We have many threads on general hygiene which is easy to check,like having a good shower cleaning all intimate areas throughly.But after all the oral cleaning how do you know your breath is fresh,iv'e seen people breath onto their hand and smell it,but is it possible to smell your own breath.

I tried exhaling through my mouth into a plastic sandwich bag and inhaling through my nose,all i could smell was the plastic bag.

So do you take all the necessary precautions and hope for the best,or do any of you ladies and gents have any other ideas.

We have many threads on general hygiene which is easy to check,like having a good shower cleaning all intimate areas throughly.But after all the oral cleaning how do you know your breath is fresh,iv'e seen people breath onto their hand and smell it,but is it possible to smell your own breath.

I tried exhaling through my mouth into a plastic sandwich bag and inhaling through my nose,all i could smell was the plastic bag.

So do you take all the necessary precautions and hope for the best,or do any of you ladies and gents have any other ideas.

Breathing over my son who wont be polite if he smells anything bad, if not him others i know, if they are not about i do my usual routine which includes rarely eating before a punt and use fresh breath spray on the actual punt. :)

I've waited 10 years for someone to ask this very question!

For those who suffer with halitosis, the smell is carried in vapours from the mouth (and occasionally the oesophagus and stomach).

The most effective way of testing for halitosis is to smell your evaporating saliva. To do this, lick the underside of your forearm, then sniff the vapors as the saliva evaporates.

[This test was demonstrated on a BBC health show several years ago!]

I always chew a few sticks of minty gum for some time before a punt, popping the last one in as I ring the doorbell. :)

Edited by Reverend Dick

Just pop a mint in your mouth right before you go to your booking - problem solved!

A good swill of mouthwash just before helps

A good swill of mouthwash just before helps

I do this myself before each booking :)

If some has a proper bad breath problem that come up from their gut, nothing like a swill of mouth wash or sucking a mint will help

It will take the initial edge off the problem, but believe me the problem surfaces pretty darn quick.

Not nice at all to kiss someone who has that sort of problem.

Incidentally really bad nerves can cause the breath to be not as good as it can be as well.

Lucy :)

its some thing i think about as you never know if you have it or not. but I read that most of the bad breath is on the tounge and you can get tounge scarpers or tounge brushes to help remove bacteria off your tounge.

the most common cause is rotting food in between the teeth - which causes gum rot and that also smells horrid. You will not need to smell your own breath if you brush morning and night correctly - use floss in between teeth, and those super interproximals to brush out all the shit that accumulates there. In the early days there will be a lot of blood when you gargle and spit out - when the blood clears - there should be no bad breath. Just keep it up. But you need to get those brushes in between ALL the teeth inc those at back top and bottom. Trust me it works. If I had known this method when I was a teenager my life would have been very different.

Thanks you everyone,very interesting answers.And to Reverend Dick sorry to keep you waitingLOL.

the most common cause is rotting food in between the teeth - which causes gum rot and that also smells horrid. You will not need to smell your own breath if you brush morning and night correctly - use floss in between teeth, and those super interproximals to brush out all the shit that accumulates there. In the early days there will be a lot of blood when you gargle and spit out - when the blood clears - there should be no bad breath. Just keep it up. But you need to get those brushes in between ALL the teeth inc those at back top and bottom. Trust me it works. If I had known this method when I was a teenager my life would have been very different.

Sound advice. And I often feel for my first girlfriend, who is still a good friend, to think when we were seventeen she may have been shagging a cocky, arrogant, know-it-all with no fashion sense...and sometimes stinky breath :eek:

If some has a proper bad breath problem that come up from their gut, nothing like a swill of mouth wash or sucking a mint will help

It will take the initial edge off the problem, but believe me the problem surfaces pretty darn quick.

Not nice at all to kiss someone who has that sort of problem.

Incidentally really bad nerves can cause the breath to be not as good as it can be as well.

Lucy :)

They had a case of this on that food hospital program.

Solution - green tea and those probiotic drinks.

But otherwise flossing is crucial as said.

I was once embarrassingly put in my place by a girl because I had been drinking beforehand, even though I'd had a pack of extra strong trebor mints before going in. A lot of my early punting was because of drink loosening my inhibitions, as it were, but I have never drunk before a session since.

Breathe on a Chelsea footballer when he's in the opposition penalty area. If he falls over then you may have bad breath - more likely though is that he's just a typical cheating Chelsea c*nt!

Edited by raylondoner

I do this myself before each booking :)

IIRC not necessarily a good idea: use of mouth wash is associated with reduced protection from STIs.

B

IIRC not necessarily a good idea: use of mouth wash is associated with reduced protection from STIs.

B

Well as I do not engage in any activities with clients which could potentially infect me with an STI, I do not have to worry about this. :)

As several have noted, flossing is essential.

Buy the floss picks and after each individual interdental flossing, place under the nose and sniff.

If you get a foul smell that returns each day, see a dentist, you might have an infection there.

Use the floss brushes too.

If you do this every day, plus an electric tooth brush, you will have many fewer ordeals at the dentist too.

Mouthwashes are useless - no scientific evidence that they have any effect.

A dry mouth caused by nervousness can also be a slight problem, regularly sipping of water is probably best.

Lick your wrist wait for it to dry then sniff, that will tell you if you have wiffy breath or not, also tip to get rid of garlic breath, chew on fresh parsley!

*note to oneself to rush out and get some after eating Kimchee today!

Edited by Gemma Harris

practise slow shallow breathing, through the nose. When you have anxiety, you then to over breath or hyperventilate. So by reducing your breathing, you reduce anxiety. 

Just use mouth wash and mint before job.

practise slow shallow breathing, through the nose. When you have anxiety, you then to over breath or hyperventilate. So by reducing your breathing, you reduce anxiety. 

Because you're dead.

i heard about a new product that its supposed to be good only last for a day or so but any way its called

CB12 Mouthwash Safe Breath Oral Care Agent

you may want to try that out