hapzuk

Erotic Massages And Penile Thrush

10 posts in this topic

A little bit embarrassing, but if I can't ask here then where else can I ask (besides the doctor of course)

Was on a 5 day business trip, and on 3 of those days I went for erotic massages. Excessive I know but enjoyable :)

Anyway now I seemed to have got thrush and wondering if it could be connected?

Has anyone else experIenced this after an erotic massage? Dont think I'm allergic to oil but maybe 3 days of it could have perhaps clogged some pours?

The 3rd massage was quite a bad hand job which she didn't have great technique, and rubbed quite aggressively.

I've taken medicine since and seems to be getting better.

Question is really if anyone else has experienced anything similar and could the massage and thrush be connected?

This is probably better on the health board. Having said that, I would go to the GUM clinic rather than self diagnose. Are you sure it is thrush? Are you circumcised or do you have a foreskin?

There seems to be a link between increased amounts of smegma (often mistaken for thrush) produced together with painful inflammation of the foreskin in response to oil based aggressive hand jobs in some people.

Anyone else care to comment?

Edited by jarevets

Thrush is a fungus infection, so it could have come from any contact - even your own hands if the fungal spores were on them.

I definitely agree you should go to a GUM clinic to get an accurate diagnosis as it could easily be something else.

This is probably better on the health board. Having said that, I would go to the GUM clinic rather than self diagnose. Are you sure it is thrush? Are you circumcised or do you have a foreskin?

There seems to be a link between increased amounts of smegma (often mistaken for thrush) produced together with painful inflammation of the foreskin in response to oil based aggressive hand jobs in some people.

Anyone else care to comment?

I've survived nearly four decades of punting without encountering penile thrush, though the very thought brings back memories of an old refrain that went 'If I had the wings of an angel, out of these prison walls I would fly', and I am dumbfounded at my ignorance. Of course, I was circumcised - back when circumcision was not considered a 'political issue' - so I have been spared to date, for which I am thankful.

However, I make quarterly visits to the GUM clinic at 56 Dean Street in Soho (which is run by Chelsea & Westminster Hospital) and I am sure they will be happy to sort you out promptly, and the price is right! Call 02088466699 for an appointment if you live in London. :)

Edited by Tiggy 7

I've survived nearly four decades of punting without encountering penile thrush, though the very thought brings back memories of an old refrain that went 'If I had the wings of an angel, out of these prison walls I would fly', and I am dumbfounded at my ignorance. Of course, I was circumcised - back when circumcision was not considered a 'political issue' - so I have been spared to date, for which I am thankful.

However, I make quarterly visits to the GUM clinic at 56 Dean Street in Soho (which is run by Chelsea & Westminster Hospital) and I am sure they will be happy to sort you out promptly, and the price is right! Call 02088466699 for an appointment if you live in London. :)

.. and you can pop into The Golden Lion for a quick pint afterwards. Then into the Admiral Duncan....

I've experienced what I thought was thrush though not following the sorts of activities on these forums. Couple of times it spread really badly so my whole groin was inflamed and very uncomfortable. Went down the usual route of GP, GUM clinic, etc, but the last time I ended up seeing a Dermatologist privately and she sorted me out really quickly. Turns out I've actually got a tendency to eczema although cause not entirely clear. She said it could even be an allergic reaction to textile dyes used in underwear so now I'm really careful about laundry, etc. Glad it's now kind of sorted but was very embarassing lying naked on a couch with a reasonably attractive lady doctor feeling my plums, etc. The last time I started to get a stiffy and had to cover my embarassment but hopefully she's seen it all before. Anyway, the reason for this tale is that you really need to get the right advice as not all doctors will actually get it right.

To go back to the OP's last question, i.e. can the massage and thrush be connected - I think indirectly yes. If the massage caused an injury to the foreskin it could allow opportunistic Candida to flourish and cause thrush. Do go the GUM - what is the medicinne you mention. I would also have your blood / urine sugar checked. Hope this helps.

Just get down the GUM clinic- easy and anonymous these days. That way you'll know the score, and can rule out having picked up anything else at the same time that might be asymptomatic.