Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy

Libby's Sauna, Stratford

11 posts in this topic

According to the local paper, police have "discovered" that this long-established massage parlour has been operating as a brothel!

And apparently none of the staff has a formal massage qualification.

What the fuck did they imagine was going on there?

This place has been open in one form or another for at least 20 years. And they've only just worked out what was going on? Talk about being slow on the uptake!

A Tickling SHOP ?

:(

According to the local paper, police have "discovered" that this long-established massage parlour has been operating as a brothel!

And apparently none of the staff has a formal massage qualification.

This place has been open in one form or another for at least 20 years. And they've only just worked out what was going on? Talk about being slow on the uptake!

The police know whether a massage parlour is a brothel or not, this is happening now due to the Olympics so called clean-up. No doubt the police have visited this place many times over the years and spoke to the owner or manager and are fully aware of the set-up. It suits the police in the area at present to make it appear they werent aware and always uphold the letter of the law. The paper happily goes along with that line because as usual prostitution is an easy target.

Almost funny really - some of my earlier punts were here and we are talking 10 - 15 years ago - some good ones too - Never saw any antisocaila behaviour neither but plenty in soem of Stratfords more dodgy pubs - maybe they should all be closed down as well

Not sure if the other 'brothel' owners have thought about this but as said already, with the Olympics coming there will probably be a crackdown in Stratford and the surrounding areas.....the police in many places are blatantly aware of massage parlours in the areas they cover but I guess its not a big issue...unless you are about to host a global sports event :)

There was I thinking I had struck gold...Stratford London, not Stratford-Upon-Avon! Pity! Anyone know of any other long established massage parlours still going...is there a record? I can name two in my City.

Hmmm you would have thought the owner would have been a bit savvier- '

Police told the committee that the owner of the premises, Francis Godfrey, had failed to take action despite warnings after visits by the police'

You would have thought a couple of warnings by the plod and knowing that the area would be targeted for a 'clean up' he could have done something even if it meant closing or just proving massage for the next few months. Worth it not to get a conviction and a permanent close down I would have thought?

Hmmm you would have thought the owner would have been a bit savvier- '

Police told the committee that the owner of the premises, Francis Godfrey, had failed to take action despite warnings after visits by the police'

You would have thought a couple of warnings by the plod and knowing that the area would be targeted for a 'clean up' he could have done something even if it meant closing or just proving massage for the next few months. Worth it not to get a conviction and a permanent close down I would have thought?

Lack of brain power i imagine, having met some brothel owners myself a few were not smart people, others were very smart. :)

Any updates regarding this massage brothel?

Or any other places in Stratford area?

Thanks

Not to sure about the "discovered" part since it is on a main road and has big blazing neon sign.

I actually saw it two weeks ago and thought to myself "oh so that's Libby's" and then followed up with the thought "how blatant" smiled to myself and kept on walking.

I am in that vicinity a few times a week and it is obvious what it is, so find the news story bizarre.

I went many years ago. As pointed out, it was in one of its previous guises.

There's a big waiting room where a few drunken guys were choosing the ladies. I picked mine and was led into a tiny cubicle. 

It was all very functional and cold.

Is it still actually open? I wouldn't bother with it again.