Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akanostromo

Another Reason Why The Punter Isn't Going To Go Away

19 posts in this topic

There have been many threads on "the sexless marriage". Mostly with the guys quietly blaming wives and the women saying men don't try hard enough.

I have noted that women are allowed to re-invent themselves several times during life, but that if a guy does anything different after abt 22, he's having a mid-life crisis

I am sure some graduates looking for a Post grad study will refine the research but this on BBC suggests that it's natural. It also ties in with studies on "successful grandmothers" - women whose daughters stay living close tend to have the most grandchildren.

Yeah, because they nag their daughters into having kids!

Fascinating research.

Being the punter, I'm also thinking:

Is this why some yumi mummies go on the game ?

provide for the daughters (while the hubby fades away)...

There have been many threads on "the sexless marriage". Mostly with the guys quietly blaming wives and the women saying men don't try hard enough. I have noted that women are allowed to re-invent themselves several times during life, but that if a guy does anything different after abt 22, he's having a mid-life crisis I am sure some graduates looking for a Post grad study will refine the research but this on BBC suggests that it's natural. It also ties in with studies on "successful grandmothers" - women whose daughters stay living close tend to have the most grandchildren.

Interesting article, thanks for the link. :)

There's a mum WG I saw twice in the last year. She has 2 daughters to provide for. But she also works for the local council - helping out young female offenders get their lives together!

There's a mum WG I saw twice in the last year. She has 2 daughters to provide for. But she also works for the local council - helping out young female offenders get their lives together!

She clearly had no concern for her personal security when telling you all this, not a smart thing to do, a rag would no doubt love publishing such a story. Lets hope she doesnt tell a person who exploits this information.

She clearly had no concern for her personal security when telling you all this, not a smart thing to do, a rag would no doubt love publishing such a story. Lets hope she doesnt tell a person who exploits this information.

Maybe it was a decoy - but I never asked her what she does, She also told me she was a page 3 girl back in the 80s - I suppose she would have some valuable experience in guiding young wayward lasses.

I guess this is the woman staying in contact with her partner, while she's in the process of having children and perpetuating her genetic line. Once her offspring have reached sexual maturity, her focus then moves to her daughters to help them further extend their shared genetic line (sometimes, as Lara says, by nagging them to have children!).

Re: the "sexless marriage" comment in the OP, some women certainly do seem to lose interest in sex once they've had their desired number of children. Those primal urges and concerns continue to drive us, regardless of how modern and sophisticated we may view ourselves.

my thoughts exactly.

Interesting article, thanks for the link. :)

There is more on this research and a little bit more informative in the Economist

Thanks for that Akan. :)

It may not say it's what drives punting, but it does draw a link to male "mid-life crisis"

She should be ashamed.

She should be ashamed.

Of what exactly?

Seems you need to put a cold towel round yer head and THINK?

She should be ashamed.

She has nothing to be ashamed about. This post gives an insight into your way of thinking very clearly.

She has nothing to be ashamed about. This post gives an insight into your way of thinking very clearly.

Quite - in fact she's a very nice and thoughtful, compassionate lady. In fact I think it was volunteer work she was doing which she hoped would lead into full time paid work.

Quite - in fact she's a very nice and thoughtful, compassionate lady. In fact I think it was volunteer work she was doing which she hoped would lead into full time paid work.

I note that poster has been banned, a good move, he was clearly trolling.

I note that poster has been banned, a good move, he was clearly trolling.

Yes - another one from the Christian Union bites the dust.

Yes - another one from the Christian Union bites the dust.

1. Is there such a thing?

2. C'mon really?