Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Caitlin

Pn On The Ipad2

10 posts in this topic

Have had a quick look in this forum to see if it's been mentioned before and not seen anything, so apologies if it's been done before. When I go from forum to forum, or even thread to thread on PN, the logo at the top (IPS Community and then PunterNet UK) shows HUGE on my iPad before settling down to a more discreet size. Obviously this means I can't play on this forum when others are about, or I'm in a public place. Can anything be done about this?

Are you using the IPS Community app for iPad? The IPS community logo jumps large very briefly before dropping back down, and you don't notice the Punternet Logo to the same extent.

My post masy not have been very helpful. I'm using IP.Board Communities which it seems is no longer available. You could maybe try IP Buddy as an alternative.

I'm using the Safari browser. The Community logo does come up Really Big, but the PN logo is also Big. :(

I use the Atomic Browser. It's fine for me.

I've just tried it on Safari and it looks the same, but there are a couple of seconds whilst it is loading where the words punternet are huge.

Sorry, Caitlin I have no idea what is happening with your iPad, but it seems peculiar to you.

Fair enough, will try the Atomic browser. Already have Mercury and a completely anonymous one, tbh haven't tried PN using them. Just wondered if it might be a techy issue that Galahad should address, given that so many people now use mobile devices. But I am an old fart and prefer a browser to an app where possible.

anyone using an android tablet ?

any recommendations for browser or app ?

My ipad2 works perfectly, the logo does come large but only briefly then goes to normal size. Sorry cannot suggest any solution. Galahad might be able to help when he sees your post.

I use Dolphin HD browser for all my dirty boy iPad browsing and p'net looks fine. No large logo syndrome like safari plus no mixed history.

anyone using an android tablet ?

any recommendations for browser or app ?

Whats exactly wrong witha stock Android browser supplied? Can you please be more specific, what exactly you looking for in such basic thing as bog standard browser? (becase its just a damn browser)

Dolphin browser is good on Android as well as an IOS. Then there are dozens of other browsers and they are more or less the same, but some with extra features, which might be completely useless for you.