Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
down

Does The Maid Get Paid Much And Is It Easy To Get A Job As One?

38 posts in this topic

always wondered about the maid does the maid get paid much and is it easy to get a job as one?

I once wanted to punt with the maid but she turned me down

I've always assumed maiding is a sort of WG retirement programme.

always wondered about the maid does the maid get paid much and is it easy to get a job as one?

When I started punting the "going rate" was two guineas (£2-2-0d, or for the juvenile, £2.10) and it was understood that the WG got the two quid and the maid got the florin. (At the same time the stud fee for a good arab stallion was twenty-five guineas, with the shilling-in-the-guinea going to the stud-groom!)

If you climb the steps to 70a in Soho, you'll read the menu, and, if you are new, just produce the folding, from twenty upwards, and then face a demand for something for the maid as well. Two quid will, at a pinch, do!

I rather think that the maid doesn't actually do too well, but I'll be interested to hear from any of our lady colleagues as to their opinion.

I've always assumed maiding is a sort of WG retirement programme.

QFT

Certainly the maids at MKE need to be as skilled as air traffic controllers at busy times of day - there's a 'Noises Off' like farce to be written about keeping Punters from seeing each other. Both Mr and Mrs Devine have said how important the maid is to the smooth running of a their establishments.

I have no idea or interest what they get paid but over the years some have been very blatant liars in my experiences so i dont know if thats a quality that some owner/managers look for or if they offer on-the-job lying to punter training. Others have been very helpful and above all honest to me.

I would imagine having good social skills is important.

Certainly the maids at MKE need to be as skilled as air traffic controllers at busy times of day - there's a 'Noises Off' like farce to be written about keeping Punters from seeing each other. Both Mr and Mrs Devine have said how important the maid is to the smooth running of a their establishments.

I would hardly mention Rihanna in the same sentence as a maid in Soho - no comparson!

Most Maids earn commission so its in their interest to get the clients through the door. Most (not all) will earn a commission and get a "tip" from each girl at the end of the day. Depending on the establishment the "tip" can be a fixed amount that is required from the girl in order to work at others its voluntary and an unspecified amount but widely considered the norm. It does vary from place to place though. I would also imagine its fairly easy to get a job as a maid as many establishments advertise for them in their paper adverts (where you can still find them)... Its not without its perils though and there certainly appear to be more and more cases where the maid has been prosecuted for assisting... historically its an arguable point but more recently these arguments if applied have been unsuccessful. I would hazard a guess that this system applies in 80+% of establishments

Never been to a party or a parlour, just indies, so, er, what is a maid? And what does she do? Naive , I know

Never been to a party or a parlour, just indies, so, er, what is a maid? And what does she do? Naive , I know

I believe she takes phone calls, lets the guys into the premises etc.

Who sorts the rooms out at parlours, changes the bedding in each room, sorts the towels out, cleans the shower down etc?

Is that the maids job too or the ladies who use them?

Lucy :)

a maid is basically the receptionist.

Who sorts the rooms out at parlours, changes the bedding in each room, sorts the towels out, cleans the shower down etc?

Is that the maids job too or the ladies who use them?

it depends where you work. the 'maid' (receptionist) normally just answers the phone, the door, acts as security when drunk guys come in, chats to the customers who are waiting, picks up food orders if the girls are busy, etc.

everywhere i have worked, the girls are responsible for cleaning the rooms after they use them. this means changing and washing the towels, tidying up the bed or changing bedding, tasking out trash, and spraying the room.

the actual cleaning (showers, toilets, vacuuming) is either done by a cleaner the comes in for like an hour in the morning, or it's done by the girls. depending on where you work.

so really the receptionist does very little. a lot of places don't even have a maid/receptionist. i worked at one place where we had to answer the phones and do all that ourselves.

sometimes the receptionist is paid by the girls. sometimes they work and receive no commission...just a fixed rate.

as you can see it all varies greatly from place to place.

Edited by nisha87

If bad lie to punters on the phone with the sole intent of getting you to the premises and rely on you thinking with your dick. If good they give you helpful information on the phone as to what services the WG i fancy definitely offers, their location and take my booking. Instead of speaking to the WG direct a punter goes through the maid who as others have said is often the receptionist.

Once at the premises they hand you over to the WG you will be punting with and sometimes give the room your punting in a knock on the door with 10 minutes or so left of your booking to inform you its coming to an end. A bad maid will make this knock when i still have half of my booking left in the hope it will hurry me up so i will leave, in fact it always ensures it takes me longer as they would of put me off my stroke, these type of maids havent the brains to work this out though in my experiences.

A good maid can add something to an Establishment, if honest they can give useful information, an Establishment is wise to choose a good one in my view as its the maid punters will be speaking to on the phone initially and when booking.

Thanks Nisha for taking the time to reply to my question :)

The maid could be the most important lady in the parlour . She is the first point of contact with the customer . Like working " front of house " in a restaurant or hotel.

She will answer the phone in a most confident ,seductive voice to win the punter over ,who now thinks all the wg in the flat will speak like that.

She may ask you how would you like your lady to be dressed ? Your cock will be now pushing on the front of your trousers although you are only on the end of a phone line .

You mumble " stockings please "

She replies " would you like her in suspenders also ? "

You stammer " yes " , as your cock breaks through the zip on your trousers . She has done her job well . You are sucked in . There is no going back .

She may ask you how would you like your lady to be dressed ?

You mumble " stockings please "

She replies " would you like her in suspenders also ? "

Good post!

However to be pedantic with out the suspenders the stockings fall down,......Norah Batty style.

Good post!

However to be pedantic with out the suspenders the stockings fall down,......Norah Batty style.

What about " hold ups " ? or don't they have them in the shops yet up north ?

What about " hold ups " ? or don't they have them in the shops yet up north ?

Now then, now then.......

Hold ups are just that....hold ups, not to be worn with suspenders.

You may get some lady trying to pass them off as stockings, but most men know the real deal.

Stockings can only be worn with suspenders, otherwise they fall down.

Here endeth the lesson on stockings, hold ups and suspender belts.

Not sure if they sell stockings up north in the shops though, as I do not do shop shopping any more.

Probably not though, as most northern cities are so backward really now aren't they? ;)

Edited by Lucy7

I had a great session with a cracking little Italian maid in a parlour in Earls Court a few years ago. The ladies on offer were frankly terrible, but the maid happily took up my suggestion. She even told me the bar she worked at, and that I should come down and say hello. Wish I took her up on that offer!

When I started it was three guineas and a five shilling tip for the maid.

Spock

What the hell are guineas and shillings?

Are they like money, but for old people?

When I started punting the "going rate" was two guineas (£2-2-0d, or for the juvenile, £2.10) and it was understood that the WG got the two quid and the maid got the florin. (At the same time the stud fee for a good arab stallion was twenty-five guineas, with the shilling-in-the-guinea going to the stud-groom!)

If you climb the steps to 70a in Soho, you'll read the menu, and, if you are new, just produce the folding, from twenty upwards, and then face a demand for something for the maid as well. Two quid will, at a pinch, do!

I rather think that the maid doesn't actually do too well, but I'll be interested to hear from any of our lady colleagues as to their opinion.

So, 10%. Unchanged, then. When I started in Shepherds Market in the 1970s a walk-up was five quid for the girl and ten shillings for the maid.

who knows what she gets paid ? impossible to say ?