Soft Touch Bodyworks

Relative Pictures

24 posts in this topic

There have been times where girls do not want to have their photos shown on websites due to fear of being recognised by a family member etc and I noticed on a parlour website that pictures were being used to advertise a girl but these pictiures were not of the girl

I honestly beleive that the pictures were not used to deliberately mislead as they were of a very close resemblance to the actual lady without actually being her.

I fully understand that punters would hate to be deliberately misled in a 'bait & switch' scenario but wondered what guys thought of relative pictures.

Having given thought to the other site using pictures close, I think this could be a possible compromise on times where there may be privacy issues, but think if we or anyone else were to do this, then a disclaimer on the page to say that the pictures were not of the actual lady but representative which are a very close likeness.

I think it would still be unfair if it were using well known photographs of models etc, but would it be acceptable perhaps to use stock images which where a genuine likeness (not facial I hasten to add) with the notice to state that these were not ACTUAL photos ?

Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

There have been times where girls do not want to have their photos shown on websites due to fear of being recognised by a family member etc and I noticed on a parlour website that pictures were being used to advertise a girl but these pictiures were not of the girl I honestly beleive that the pictures were not used to deliberately mislead as they were of a very close resemblance to the actual lady without actually being her. I fully understand that punters would hate to be deliberately misled in a 'bait & switch' scenario but wondered what guys thought of relative pictures. Having given thought to the other site using pictures close, I think this could be a possible compromise on times where there may be privacy issues, but think if we or anyone else were to do this, then a disclaimer on the page to say that the pictures were not of the actual lady but representative which are a very close likeness. I think it would still be unfair if it were using well known photographs of models etc, but would it be acceptable perhaps to use stock images which where a genuine likeness (not facial I hasten to add) with the notice to state that these were not ACTUAL photos ? Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

I wish to see the ACTUAL WG i am going to be punting with myself. All WGs have free choice if not being forced to post their pictures online or not, its up to them to take the possible consequences into account before doing so in my view, and 100% their responsibility.

If there were a clear notice that said it wasnt the actual WG that at least would inform punters so far better than not bothering mentioning something so important, but i would look elsewhere personally.

Edited by smiths

I agree with smiths that the only honest way to do this would be to put up a discalimer as you suggested saying that a body double had been used for the pix. And then, most punters (me included) would probably steer clear. What is wrong with just blurring the face and airbrushing out the tattoos ? Are girls' body shapes, especially when wearing lingerie, really that recognisable?

If you weren't going to use facial pics, what on earth would be the point of not using the girl's own pictures? Are you saying that her family would recognise her from her body???

" 'Ere, our Charlene, I'm bloody sure I've just seen your arse on a hookers website..."

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Hi KK

There are some ladies who are really paranoid about being recognosed, sometimes this is due to problesm with partners in the past.

It was not something that I had ever considered until I noticed the pictures on another website.

If you weren't going to use facial pics, what on earth would be the point of not using the girl's own pictures? Are you saying that her family would recognise her from her body???

" 'Ere, our Charlene, I'm bloody sure I've just seen your arse on a hookers website..."

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Yes, thats exactly what some of the girls think

Edited by Soft Touch Bodyworks

Yes, thats exactly what some of the girls think

I hadn't considered husbands/boyfriends - I suppose that's a possibility. I was befuddled by the idea of my mother knowing what my arse looks like after all these years :blink:

I have heard of this happening ie photos that aren't of the girl herself but are representative. Surely you need permission from whoever owns the copywrite?Usually guys will assume any difference is due to the lighting or clever posing, and/or that the photos are simply out of date. Since photos are a major attraction for the guys I don't think it's necessarily fair, I also know many clients will often compliment a girl on a particularly nice set of photos - if they aren't of her then surely she isn't due such compliments? ie she's not put the time and effort in that photos generally do require, and shouldn't be taking the credit.

Edited by Strawberry

I have heard of this happening ie photos that aren't of the girl herself but are representative. Surely you need permission from whoever owns the copywrite?Usually guys will assume any difference is due to the lighting or clever posing, and/or that the photos are simply out of date. Since photos are a major attraction for the guys I don't think it's necessarily fair, I also know many clients will often compliment a girl on a particularly nice set of photos - if they aren't of her then surely she isn't due such compliments? ie she's not put the time and effort in that photos generally do require, and shouldn't be taking the credit.

I visited a girl once who put up representative photos and although I suspected that she was not the girl in the photos (and realised that she wasn't when I revisited the profile), she was very pretty. She ended up by becoming my "regular" and relieving me of £5,000 over the year. She was part of a "bait and switch operation" and I would turn up and find another girl so I took to making the booking and asking for confirmation that it was Bea with three tattoos (mind you, not too keen on tats!)

She came from a middle-class family and did not want her family to know how she had spent her time in London. I can understand that but the person whose photos were used may find that their reputation has been compromised etc so it is very unfair. If the punter thinks (like me) that it is a reasonable representation, he won't complain. Otherwise I do feel aggrieved but am unlikely to "walk" although I would not go back.

Jack

I'm fine with it as long as it says somewhere on the page. And the photos are used legally. There would be another "anticipation" moment as I wonder what she will actually look like.

I think to post the pictures of somebody else, then put the disclaimer that they are of the close likeness its a simple very lazy approach.

After all, you not going into any effort to take pictures, and I doubt, as Strawberry mentioned you asking for permission to display it from the owner of the pictures.

If you look around websites there are many WGs (some are prominent posters on this forum) who display photos, where there is absolutely no way to recognise them. Its either part of the breast, part of the feet in high heels, part of the right (or left) cheek of the bum, occasionally fanny shot, torso dressed in the basque, and so on. It could be anybody in those pictures! No any proper picture standing in the whole length, and not even hint of the closed face. So why not do the same?

However, I am sure which is worse? Stock pictures of the somehow likeness, or the useless but genuine pictures of the various cropped images of the body parts which hardly give any idea how the girl look to the client.

I hadn't considered husbands/boyfriends - I suppose that's a possibility. I was befuddled by the idea of my mother knowing what my arse looks like after all these years :blink:

For some of us, it isn't THAT many years since we left home. Actually, it's a matter of weeks since Mum & I went to the Spa together.

Was there not an agency that got crucified recently for doing exactly that?

The pictures were not even of real life people but computer generated avatars, you could tell that they were not real, but the agency chose ones of likeness while their true pictures were being made ready. Was quite funny really watching this agency get slated for bait and switch.

For some of us, it isn't THAT many years since we left home. Actually, it's a matter of weeks since Mum & I went to the Spa together.

Yes, but some of us are bloody ancient and are more likely to take our mothers to the Spar!

How would you feel if other girls were using photo's from your website because they looked a bit like her?

How would you feel if other girls were using photo's from your website because they looked a bit like her?

Who said anything about taking them off someone else's website ?

I would NEVER suggest using pics of another WG ...

I was referring to the use of stock images and ONLY where they were a close enough likeness, but even then still have the disclaimer to say that the images where representative. Having all the imformation would mean that the client could make an informed decision as to whether to visit the lady in question or not.

I can see no good reason to do this at all. Very wrong in my book. If the girl wants her face obscured that's ok and obvious but to actually picture someone else is disgraceful

I can see no good reason to do this at all. Very wrong in my book. If the girl wants her face obscured that's ok and obvious but to actually picture someone else is disgraceful

Disgraceful ? Even with a disclaimer stating that it's not the girl you'll see (as suggested by the OP) ? It's not what I want to see sure, but it's much, much better than a "bait and switch" operation, which is what is truly disgraceful imho.

If no-one is being mislead, how can it be disgraceful? I'd settle for "pointless" myself ?

It is vile. I could probably be recognised from my photos, my blog & a search through my underwear drawer. I manage the risks, but I haven't removed them. If you can't handle the risks, don't take the job. Don't steal anyone's pictures - WG or not!

It all seems a bit odd to use someone elses photos even if a disclaimer saying 'This isn't me, but she looks like me'. I agree with Lara, if you're not willing to take a small risk then you're in the wrong career! There are plenty of ways to make photos revealing but not actually reveal your identity.

*Goes to put photo of Angelina Jolie on website, well we are both female, have 2 arms, 2 legs, a head and some boobs*

If anything is 'pointless' its the disclaimer. What are we supposed to deduce from that? Ok it's a nice photo but it's not actually the girl I'm going to see? Very helpful....... Not

I'd certainly avoid on that basis

I can't actually see how showing a different ladies photos would be any use, it IS misleading the clients. And without wanting to upset anyone, there's maybe a possibility that a ladies perception of how she looks may not be all that accurate!

I like to think that I look like a more handsome version of Brad Pitt, but in reality I'm more like Jabba the Hutts brother who really let himself go!

As for avoiding letting your nearest and dearest recognise you...

I've seen lots of pictures of girls who I've known very well and for many years but after blurring the face and maybe a little light airbrushing of distinguishing features like tattoos then I think I would have trouble recognising them unless I already had it in my mind that I was looking for that person.

And even when I did at one time bump into a lady I know from 'real life' in a parlour it took a little while for either of us to recognise each other as neither of us were expecting to find a friend or relative in that situation.

And of course the big question would be, if a boyfriend/husband/father/brother/friend were to recognise any working girl from a picture on any parlour, agency or independants website then the lady might like to know what exactly they were looking on there for in the first place! :cool:

And what of the girl who's picture IS used? What about her family or friends finding her picture online?!

It is vile. I could probably be recognised from my photos, my blog & a search through my underwear drawer. I manage the risks, but I haven't removed them. If you can't handle the risks, don't take the job. Don't steal anyone's pictures - WG or not!

Thanks for all of your input guys, other than the posts jumping to wrong conclusions the response was very helpful.

I saw a BMW in a ad and it was was sale. When I bought it I was delivered Toyota. I am not cheated as both cars are same in color and had 4 wheels, steering wheel, brake and gear. If this is ok for someone, than it is ok to show some other girl in picture and offer another.