Crystal

Coldsore = Herpes?

30 posts in this topic

Okay I was always told that coldsores are also Herpes???

I have just had an arguement with someone over this & I may well be wrong please can someone tell me whether I am right or wrong?

Would someone get away with working if they had a huge coldsore?

xx

A client should not punt and a girl should not work if they have a cold sore... well unless you're happy for the booking to have no kissing or oral. You pass cord sores by kissing... You give someone oral when you have a cold sore and you are highly likely to give them herpes.

Ages ago I had a regular client visit me who I knew had had a week off and planned to do loads of punting. He was one of those kind of innocent sexually chaps. He came to see me on the Friday after having had 2 punts previously that week, he had a crusted over cold sore on his mouth. I asked him about the previous punts, had the girls still kissed him ... yes ... still let him do oral on them.... yes... WTF girls !!!! and I knew one of them too and was very surprised to hear how lax she'd been with her health. I never have mentioned this to her tho.... well it's hard to. Gave him a good telling off tho about his health and taking responsibility... unfortunately with this fella this wasn't the first time I'd had to tell him how to be safe or careful. He thought it was ok to carry on fucking into the condom once he'd cum :D:D

A client should not punt and a girl should not work if they have a cold sore... well unless you're happy for the booking to have no kissing or oral. You pass cord sores by kissing... You give someone oral when you have a cold sore and you are highly likely to give them herpes.

Ages ago I had a regular client visit me who I knew had had a week off and planned to do loads of punting. He was one of those kind of innocent sexually chaps. He came to see me on the Friday after having had 2 punts previously that week, he had a crusted over cold sore on his mouth. I asked him about the previous punts, had the girls still kissed him ... yes ... still let him do oral on them.... yes... WTF girls !!!! and I knew one of them too and was very surprised to hear how lax she'd been with her health. I never have mentioned this to her tho.... well it's hard to. Gave him a good telling off tho about his health and taking responsibility... unfortunately with this fella this wasn't the first time I'd had to tell him how to be safe :D:D

Yes a cold sore is herpes.

But i thought it was just a different kind of herpes that you can pass through oral sex to the nether regions.

I think we've all had a cold sore in some point in our lives and sometimes it pops back up and zapped with zofirax(?). Never had herpes "downstairs" thou.

Nope - oral sex by someone with a cold sore does it too.

And not every one gets a cold sore at some point, tho they are normally given by your old aunty along with the Xmas kiss....

If you've had a cold sore once, like herpes, you'll keep getting it... but it can lay dormant for years.

Read, mark, learn, inwardly digest and then allow paranoia and hypochondria to reign supreme.

:D

Nope - oral sex by someone with a cold sore does it too.

And not every one gets a cold sore at some point, tho they are normally given by your old aunty along with the Xmas kiss....

If you've had a cold sore once, like herpes, you'll keep getting it... but it can lay dormant for years.

So if you get herpes downstairs do you zap that with Zoviraks or is it a trip to the clinic?

You give someone oral when you have a cold sore and you are highly likely to give them herpes.

there is a difference, is there not, between a cold sore (herpes simplex ?) and genital herpes ? If you have a cold sore and you give someone oral, you are not going to give them the strain that people know and fear as genital herpes, are you ?

there is a difference, is there not, between a cold sore (herpes simplex ?) and genital herpes ? If you have a cold sore and you give someone oral, you are not going to give them the strain that people know and fear as genital herpes, are you ?

Following the classification HSV into two distinct categories of HSV-1 and HSV-2 in the 60s, [1][2] it was established that "HSV-2 was below the waist, HSV-1 was above the waist". Although genital herpes is largely believed to be caused by HSV-2, genital HSV-1 infections are increasing and now exceed 50% in certain populations, [3][4][5] and that rule of thumb no longer applies. HSV is believed to be asymptomatic in the majority of cases, thus aiding contagion and hindering containment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_genitalis

So if you get herpes downstairs do you zap that with Zoviraks or is it a trip to the clinic?

I don't know... try it, stick a condom on it, get down the clinic, cut it off ??

Following the classification HSV into two distinct categories of HSV-1 and HSV-2 in the 60s, [1][2] it was established that "HSV-2 was below the waist, HSV-1 was above the waist". Although genital herpes is largely believed to be caused by HSV-2, genital HSV-1 infections are increasing and now exceed 50% in certain populations, [3][4][5] and that rule of thumb no longer applies. HSV is believed to be asymptomatic in the majority of cases, thus aiding contagion and hindering containment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_genitalis

Yikes ! What part of 'down there' is that picture !!!!!

Yikes ! What part of 'down there' is that picture !!!!!

I'd want that surgically removed! :D

Hi Crystal, no I don't think it's a good idea for a girl to work with a cold sore- just the same as a girl shouldn't see a client thats got one. little beasties they are arn't they ?? :D:D xxx

Yes Oral cold sores do cause herpes I know from experience a girl called Jessica still around in South London, she has worked for a couple of agencies. Beware guys make covered oral the normal-its hurts and uncureable

This is one of my nightmares. What do you do if a client turns up with a coldsore, either on his lips or his willy? What do you do in this situation? Should I point it out straight away, and explain that certain activities cannot happen?

It kind of dawns on me how much trust we place in the men, I am a little nervous about things like that.

Herpes is coldsores, plain and simple and there are a variety of the viruses around.

I have managed to avoid it all my life therefore want to keep it that way. If I saw a girl with a cold sore, I would walk. Also if I got a coldsore I would not punt, kiss anyone and keep my own towel (it can be spread by releasing blood or pus onto towels) as I would not want to pass this one.

It is a localised virus therefore why you tend to get around the mouth and genitals as the skin is weaker here for transmission. Genital herpes is over-stigamtised because it is in the genitalia - in fact it is the same as you get around the mouth.

My advice is don't work with someone with an active cold-sore (crusted is 90% of the way back to dormant, pink is healed, yellow is active and highly contagious) whether punter or girl, keep a towel just for you face and genitals (you could have a cold sore on your mouth and pass to your own genitals...;)) and boil wash them when you come to wash them.

If you get it, it can be managed down using creams etc, but it is then with you for life :D

Genital herpes is over-stigamtised because it is in the genitalia

The risk to a baby during childbirth suggests to me that HSV-2 isn't over-stigmatised. Granted, the chance of transmition is relatively poor, but still a worry nonetheless

This is one of my nightmares. What do you do if a client turns up with a coldsore, either on his lips or his willy? What do you do in this situation? Should I point it out straight away, and explain that certain activities cannot happen?

It kind of dawns on me how much trust we place in the men, I am a little nervous about things like that.

Yes,you must make him aware immediatley that he cant have kissing,ro,uncovered oral and he cant put his fingers anywhere near your minnie even,not even for a second,he may have been picking the coldsore minutes before he arrived.To be honest if i guy turned up with a sore on his willy he shouldnt even have covered oral and sex,what if the condom breaks,doesnt bare thinking about.

I think a lady can work if she has a coldsore,but shouldnt be touching uncovered willies even with here hands,and obviously no kissing.

Cold sores are a no-no, I've never had one and *fingers crossed* never will.

I have only had one client who's visited with a still active cold sore, who I had to decline to see. It's one of those things that just makes me go 'aaaaaaarg' and semi-freak when I see one, indeed one fling once broke up with me when I refused to go near him for 2 weeks while waiting on one dissapearing...

Yes,you must make him aware immediatley that he cant have kissing,ro,uncovered oral and he cant put his fingers anywhere near your minnie even,not even for a second,he may have been picking the coldsore minutes before he arrived.To be honest if i guy turned up with a sore on his willy he shouldnt even have covered oral and sex,what if the condom breaks,doesnt bare thinking about.

I think a lady can work if she has a coldsore,but shouldnt be touching uncovered willies even with here hands,and obviously no kissing.

I disagree on this one. If either the client or the lady has a coldsore, he should be turned away and the lady should not work. Not fair on either party to up the risk.

I disagree on this one. If either the client or the lady has a coldsore, he should be turned away and the lady should not work. Not fair on either party to up the risk.

Pia is absolutely right.

If a WG had a coldsore I would walk, just as I don't punt if I have one.

And just to complicate things there is Herpes Zoster. This presents itself as chicken pox, usually in kids, but can occur in adults. You only get Chicken Pox once, but the virus stays in your nervous system for ever. And it has a nasty habit of flaring up as Shingles, usually in older (over 50) people whose general health is not the best. Not a problem as all you can get from someone with Shingles is Chicken Pox, which most have had already.

I know Chicken Pox is not a serious disease, but Shingles is nasty in older people, and I feel we should immunise babies against chicken pox so they dont have to suffer shingles in old age.

I know Chicken Pox is not a serious disease, but Shingles is nasty in older people, and I feel we should immunise babies against chicken pox so they dont have to suffer shingles in old age.

It's a bit more complicated. Immunity decays over time so, if you make a child immune to chickenpox he/she won't get it as a child but may potentially catch it later on..... and chickenpox in adults is more serious than in children, sometimes causing a very unpleasant pneumonia. Needless to say, you'd need very long clinical trials to see if this risk is substantial or not.

As for relevance to the present thread, you're right to say that herpes zoster is related to HSV1 & 2 (which cause oral and genital herpes respectively though with some cross-over). It is transmitted largely as a droplet infection (i.e. coughing/sneezing followed by inhalation) not as an STI--- though I suppose a punter with shingles could give chickenpox to a WG who hadn't (unlike the majority of people) been infected as a child.

I think we've all had a cold sore in some point in our lives and sometimes it pops back up and zapped with zofirax(?).

I've never had a cold sore.

I used to know someone who would get 5 or 6 huge crusty ones each outbreak. ;)

I agree and I wouldn't work if I ever had one and would refuse to see a client who had one ;)