Student S

Moving....

21 posts in this topic

I will be moving flats later this year from zone 2 to no zone an hour from London by train.

Would you a) travel to see a regular and B) do you reckon I will attract new customers in that area and environs?

OR do I knock it on the head altogether?!

If she was a regular then I obviously like the girl. An hours drive wouldn't be a problem for me. Parking nearby would be though. As for picking up new trade, then that would depend on the competition, and/or, the need of the locals.

I will be moving flats later this year from zone 2 to no zone an hour from London by train. Would you a) travel to see a regular and B) do you reckon I will attract new customers in that area and environs? OR do I knock it on the head altogether?!
I have a maximum radius of a 50 mile round trip from where i live personally but i know some punters have no problem travelling a lot further. If you offer a good service i am sure you will attract new punters some of whom will be returners, of course dependent on the area you be working from there may be more or less other WGs/SPs. Only knock it on the head if you wish to do so. Good luck with the move. :) Edited by smiths

think it depemds where you are going. i would search for other girls where u r going and asses the market there.

An hour from London is only an hour if you live by the relevant mainline station. So if you moved from, say, Chiswick to Chelmsford then any regulars in West London would have to get across to Liverpool Street, where their hour would start. Personally I would be extremely unlikely to do this as my personal circumstance would prevent it. If I punt outside London, or even inside the M25 but some distance away, it is normally because I am in the area for work and have the opportunity.

Of course, everyone is different and some will be happy to visit places such as Swindon, Brighton, Peterborough or Ashford in Kent.

Before anyone says anything I have not checked the actual journey times, these are my best guesses at how long the train will take that is all.. :-)

Don't know if this helps but hope all goes well whatever you decide.

Honest answer. I very much doubt I would travel an hour - certainly not on a regular basis. However if we had clicked, I would look you up in the area. Personally prefer not to travel too much - but that is me

Are you moving to the untamed wilds of a provincial county? You foolish girl, how will you ever get a customer again? You know that some of the people talk with funny accents don't you? And eat funny food too. And no doubt have funny sexual proclivities. :)

Edited by Jean Valjean

Have pm'd you SS x

An hour by train is more like 90 minutes in reality, even when you live near the station. You have to get there in good time, queue for a ticket unless you can book it online without arousing suspicion, allow for journey glitches, get from the compartment to the station exit, travel to the appointment by whatever route is available. A round trip is going to be three hours at least, probably more, before you add in the appointment time.

So no, I would not do that for any wg I have ever met, even the stars.

You'll get lots of lovely new clients and you'll also experience the rush a 'new girl' gets so I wouldn't worry too much! I would say in general there is less competition out of town so you may be onto a winner.

i think the key issues with an incall place are that it is a reasonable safe area (or at least one perceived safe!), there is some parking close by and possibly a station or good bus service.

Sophie, care to let us know which direction out of London?

Different place, but when looking to punt in Newcastle area, I discard any more than a 10min walk from a Metro station. We may not have oyster cards but can buy a combined Rail/Metro ticket and that gives a max trip of just under hour one way.

When in London my second filter is a handy tube stn.

I am going to move to Surrey...so not that far, but just wondered if my regulars would visit me!!

Good advice there thanks!

Ha ha, they do talk funny there (only joking!)

Thanks Sophie. More or less the right answer!!! I'll hope to visit you when you're there :-)

I am going to move to Surrey...so not that far, but just wondered if my regulars would visit me!!

Good advice there thanks!

Ha ha, they do talk funny there (only joking!)

very nice place,you'll love it.Bet there's lots of guys already making plans,but watch the parking can be difficult in some places.Can you mention which town.

Thanks Sophie. More or less the right answer!!! I'll hope to visit you when you're there :-)

Ditto - right direction!

I was going to say that an hour in the wrong direction out of London would make it impossible to make the round trip in a reasonable time, as others have effectively said, so direction is almost more important than distance. I'm glad you've chosen the right direction ;)

I will be moving flats later this year from zone 2 to no zone an hour from London by train.

Would you a) travel to see a regular and :cool: do you reckon I will attract new customers in that area and environs?

I'd think a lot depends on how well connected it is. If it's near a railway station and/or major road routes, and especially if there's more than one line or major road joining up nearby, that's going to increase the number of punters who would show up. With railway stations walkability is an issue of course - I would think anything more than 15 mins walk away and it may as well be nowhere near the station as far as you're concerned for these purposes.

Depends on how good she is! I've driven about 60 miles, about 75 minutes, to see a regular when she was on tour. I've done a round trip of 200 odd miles for a one off visit. But I suspect most guys travel no more than an hour.

Depends on how good she is! I've driven about 60 miles, about 75 minutes, to see a regular when she was on tour. I've done a round trip of 200 odd miles for a one off visit. But I suspect most guys travel no more than an hour.

I agree. It takes me roughly 90 minutes by various trains to see my current lovely Lady. However she is so good that I don't mind in the least. If a lady gives a good, friendly service and doesn't charge the earth, then distance is no problem..

Personally I would travel as a regular for a couple of hours - more if the two of us got on really well. Realistically others may take a different view of course.

As a wild guess I would have thought that most punters would drive rather than take the train so for many that will mean taking a punt on the state of the M25 (excuse the pun!). Its generally not too bad outside rush hour despite its reputation. I lived in Surrey for many years - generally plenty of money down that way and probably surviving the downturn better than most areas if that makes a difference. I am sure that many punters will welcome a new face in the area so I would have thought that you could use it as a positive in your marketing. Best of luck

An hour is quite a trek to take a gamble on a girl I've never met. Presumably as its Surrey there will be quite a large pool of potential punters where you are moving to. I don't know if it helps to put it in this perspective- Coventry is an hour from central London, would you travel for that time to visit a client?