hobknob

Unsolicited Emails Through Pn

40 posts in this topic

Had this email from a Lucy Marksham pop into my hotmail inbox the other day and I'm not sure what to make of it:

Hi,

I have been reading the reviews you have written on PunterNet.com and like what I saw! I get the impression you are as animalistic as me when it comes to hard fucking - not to mention wet and juicy oral, jabbing fingers, smooth tongues and possibly even a bit of anal...? Go on, you know you want to!! And my smooth pink pussy can certainly take it!

I am living in Sheffield and wondered if you fancied meeting up? We can meet at a bar and then go onto a hotel, or anywhere you may know better? I think I can teach you a thing or two matey! ;-)

Go on, see what we can do for each other - and lets start with a bit of email flirtation...

Love and wetness, Lucy xxx

Anyone else had anything similar? There wasn't a web link or anything. Maybe I'm just being a bit suspicious and it's not leading to a request to supply my credit card details. It could just be an attempt to drum up some business, although I wouldn't say I'm particularly interesting in jabbing fingers.

Haven't left a FR for ages so she must have looked at the FR statistics and got my email from there.

hmm interesting. i'm guessing most on here are a bit condemnatory about WG's touting for business unsolicited (certainly to phones), but this strikes me as similar to that girl who wanted to hand cards out to people who gawp at her in public (my apologies i can't recall her name), IE showing a bit of chutzpah, to the point of a bit cheeky, but i like it somehow. if she was in my area and i liked the look of her from her site I'd probably be tempted by this, had she contacted me.

You can't say no to that - emails like that don't come too often..... you've got to see her!

Just to make it clear......

I am NOT the Lucy the OP is referring to.

Lucy7 :)

That's odd, unless I'm missing something there are no email address on FRs.

The forum software will forward email messages if you set it up, but doesn't disclose email addresses.

Was it a PM or an actual email direct to yourself?

I havent received anything myself but I have noticed the amount of spam for that inbox has increased quite significantly in the last few weeks.

I dont always use it for pnet mind but havent signed up to many sites using it. Do you use the same username on other sites? I dont tend to use the same username.

Edited by Overworked

I thought of you straight away! You bad bad girl! ;)

Seems ok, I'd much prefer an email rahther then a girl declaring on the forum she wants to meet and shag the life out of me...

If it's of no interest you can always just ignore it, on the otherh and it may intrigue, entice and hook you into a booking...

That's odd, unless I'm missing something there are no email address on FRs.

The forum software will forward email messages if you set it up, but doesn't disclose email addresses.

There is the option to email directly from FR if you make your email address public in your profile. I've had emails before this way, but not any like this. Usually they are requests from punters asking about a particular girl I've left a FR on. So the lady in question must have read my FRs and clicked on my user name to get my email address. But there's no website listed on her email. If you want to advertise then I'd thought this would have been a useful bit of incormation to include.It just doesn't smell right to me

I had an email some years ago from the famous Debbie on the back of a negative report I posted on one of her girls. It was very apologetic, and not a problem for me. It actually restored my faith in her establishment.

Saying that if I had an email account that was shared it would be a different matter....

The same thing happens on twitter. Some of my non punting friends get very lurid messages inviting all sorts of unpleasentries lol.

Its touting for business plain and simple. Always reminds me of the old fashioned rag and bone men who used to shout RAGGGGSSSS any old RAGGGGGGGSS.

Everyone touts in one way or another, or boards like this - and especially sites like Twitter- wouldnt exist. Some toutiing is just more discreet than other forms lol

Seems ok, I'd much prefer an email rahther then a girl declaring on the forum she wants to meet and shag the life out of me...

If it's of no interest you can always just ignore it, on the otherh and it may intrigue, entice and hook you into a booking...

And hope the email isnt seen by your partner or family. Its far too risky to cold contact punters in my view as the SP simply doesnt know their set-up and unless it was agreed that contact was ok it shouldnt happen and is both unprofessional and indiscreet, both of which are qualities i require in punting meaning i wouldnt be interested in the SP.

I do believe its wise to have a dedicated punting email address used on a safe computer though as i see that as a basic precaution, but that in no way means its right to be cold contacted.

In reality its a rare occurence nowadays though and most SPs i have dealings with dont cold contact me.

Saying that if I had an email account that was shared it would be a different matter....

It is totally wrong for any lady to contact clients looking for meetings whether they are potential ones or previous ones.Although I do find it hard to believe how many mails I get from addresses that are clearly work ones, ie pete.smith@plasticboxcompany.co.uk, (I hope that's not a real email address). Surely the first rule should be to create one purely for this sort of thing if you are going to start indulging in it?

Edited by Joanna Manchester

It used to be quite bad form on here to print private messages unless the other party knows about it and is in agreement. Not happy tell a mod, happy reply back x

I've got no problem whatsoever with getting PMs on here or DMs on Twatter, not that I get many as I'm an antisocial bastard!

Not sure I'd want to get anything through my own emails unless I already have some sort of understanding with the girl in question

That is an invitation to book the girl obviously and nothing more. There's nothing wrong in it.

I had one a month ago - picking up on one of my threads "Oh I see you like XXX as well - I love it" type of thing.

I also had one today - which I would certainly follow up if she was anywhere near my proximity.

The only other point I can make which does not prove anything - is that both of those charge double to what I normally pay and it may be that those girls with high fees need to work hard to get a few bookings.

I would hope that no one would be daft enough to put a contact email address on here that a partner might read. After all if you don't want mail why would you add one and even an email from another punter could contain words that make a partner suspicious

It is very interesting to see that none of the males seem to mind recieving touting emails. I'd have never done this, as I would have imagined instant banning of the site if I had abused it's trust, but hey, maybe I got it all wrong.

Was it the fact that she had done her research that made it palletable or would you all feel the same way if the message had been more generic? ie a cutnpaste.

It is very interesting to see that none of the males seem to mind recieving touting emails. I'd have never done this, as I would have imagined instant banning of the site if I had abused it's trust, but hey, maybe I got it all wrong.

Was it the fact that she had done her research that made it palletable or would you all feel the same way if the message had been more generic? ie a cutnpaste.

Its not none of the males, i am male and do mind being cold contacted in any way as i have posted above.

Its not none of the males, i am male and do mind being cold contacted in any way as i have posted above.

Apologies Smiths, I was so taken aback by the general consensus I missed your disapproval.

Apologies Smiths, I was so taken aback by the general consensus I missed your disapproval.

No problem. :)

I have no problem with emails or PM's although texts can be a problem. However, I fully understand Smiths position and the default for all should be no contact without consent. This means that I do not get unsolicited emails and PM's (which I am happy to get) but also protects others who do not wish to receive them. I accept this as a necessary condition of what we do. Another punters discretion is no more or less important than my own. Mmm...think that makes sense?

I have no problem with emails or PM's although texts can be a problem. However, I fully understand Smiths position and the default for all should be no contact without consent. This means that I do not get unsolicited emails and PM's (which I am happy to get) but also protects others who do not wish to receive them. I accept this as a necessary condition of what we do. Another punters discretion is no more or less important than my own. Mmm...think that makes sense?

A very non selfish view. :) I would clarify that i dont mind receiving an unsolicited PM on here from a SP that isnt touting for my business blatantly, so it might be to discuss a particular thread or my views on something, thats fine, its when its obviously touting where i dont like it but i rarely get such PMs on here, i assume because most SPs on here are professional and discreet enough not to send them. :)

It used to be quite bad form on here to print private messages unless the other party knows about it and is in agreement. Not happy tell a mod, happy reply back x

Have I done something wrong now?

I'm single so it wouldn't be a problem for me if I was mailed by a WG. If you're daft enough to use a shared or work account for your punting definitely a bit daft. One of my favourite WGs ever evidently used to mail or PM guys based on the FRs they had posted, she got business through, I didn't meet her that way, it was through a social, they were a great way of meeting people who you then might book. 10 Points to anyone who can guess which WG I'm talking about?