Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

Not Going Out 4-5-2011

11 posts in this topic

was all about hookers last night.

but why did they have to imply having a hooker in your flat was illegal?

come on BBC, get it right.

Yeah, I was saying the same thing while watching it. It implied that being a prozzie full-stop was illegal.

If you're expecting a realistic depiction of anything from that programme, you probably need to think about it again.

If you're expecting a realistic depiction of anything from that programme, you probably need to think about it again.

Hardly a documentary is it? :D :D

Not Going Out is utterly execrable. everyone involved in its making should be shot.

Not Going Out is utterly execrable. everyone involved in its making should be shot.

W

I disagree .

Hardly a documentary is it? :D :D

No, but these things are insidious, which is why "everyone knows" that prostitution is illegal. I guess it reflected what most people would have thought in that situation.

Edited by Vin DaLoo

was all about hookers last night.

but why did they have to imply having a hooker in your flat was illegal?

come on BBC, get it right.

My take on it was that Lucy was not keen on having a hooker in her flat on moral grounds rather than legal ones.

Oh, and its a sitcom - if there wasn't for misunderstandings there would be no comedy!

My take on it was that Lucy was not keen on having a hooker in her flat on moral grounds rather than legal ones.

Oh, and its a sitcom - if there wasn't for misunderstandings there would be no comedy!

it was the bit when lee blurted out the hooker had been on the flat to plod then retracted. the plod should not have cared.

There may have been a few inacuracies, but I had a we chuckle, after all, it was a bit tonque in cheek.

No, but these things are insidious, which is why "everyone knows" that prostitution is illegal. I guess it reflected what most people would have thought in that situation.

Spot on, absolutely right, factual accuracy would be good to see in my view even in so called comedies. Sadly the facts are often pushed to one side in this country and i have seen similar to this in many programmes over the years. Insidious is exactly the right word.