Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
down

What Vaccinations Should A Punter Get?

7 posts in this topic

im new to punting and the only protection I take at the moment is condom but I was thinking if I want to carry on then maybe I need to take some more precautions so What vaccinations should a punter get? is it just ok and safe enough using a condom only?

Im deffo going to ask about getting Hep B is there any others worth getting?

If you are young (early 20s), you should consider HPV.and/or don't do RO.

If you are young (early 20s), you should consider HPV.and/or don't do RO.

why only 'if you are young' ?

I got HepB vaccine recently from my GUM clinic. Only thing is you have to get 3 or 4 injections over a month or so then go back a few weeks after that to get a blood test to check you have immunity. If that's not enough you then need a booster every year. I suppose all this time in hospital keeps me off the streets and out of trouble!

Is the HPV vaccination recommended for males these days? I know it's recommended for girls but I'm not sure whether it has been tested for use in males.

Well the HPV vaccine can protect against some strains of genital warts, so it would have some use for a male. Not sure if it's available for men though as I've never looked in to it. I'd ask the GUM clinic what you're entitled to and then you'll know what's available.