Helen Jones

Punternet "Monitored by police"

43 posts in this topic

So How did H.H. get wind of Punternet......

I suggest it was NOT chatting Jeffrey Archer or Jaqui Smiths hubby whilst using the Gents unrinals ......

I found this and thought of Harries game !

" However, a close examination and consideration of the accompanying chart of means of escape suggests that punter involvement may well be considerably understated in this study. Punters are perhaps more likely to tip-off the police (as in the cases outlined in 2.1 and 2.2 above) rather than to take the additional risks involved in aiding the woman directly - even if practical - so punters may also be initially responsible for some of the 20 or so rescues identified as having taken place through police raids. Police are also known to gather intelligence information by monitoring forums such as Punternet to which punters contribute."
You can read more here if you are interested

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmpublic/policing/memos/ucm402.htm

Police are also known to gather intelligence information by monitoring forums such as Punternet to which punters contribute.

A not unreasonable thing for the police to do, after all it is only natural that they would want to know such things as who the "bait-and-switch" merchants are, who is promoting special offers and where to go for some decent rumpy-pumpy etc.

A not unreasonable thing for the police to do, after all it is only natural that they would want to know such things as who the "bait-and-switch" merchants are, who is promoting special offers and where to go for some decent rumpy-pumpy etc.

Yes a bit of 'Mystery Shopping' does undercover bad practice in retail.

It would be inconceivable that they didn't

This is one of the curious aspects of Ms. Harman's vituperative attack on Pnet.

A little while ago I was approached by a poster on here concerning something he had seen advertised elsewhere. He wanted advice on what to do.

Following that advice he then reported his concerns to Crimestoppers.

If this site had been banned, it is quite possible to imagine that a potentially useful lead would never have materialised.

Personally, I am a fan of joined up Government. However, based on my own experiences, such practice seems to be as rare as an endangered species :D.

So How did H.H. get wind of Punternet......

I suggest it was NOT chatting Jeffrey Archer or Jaqui Smiths hubby whilst using the Gents unrinals ......

I found this and thought of Harries game !

You can read more here if you are interested

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmpublic/policing/memos/ucm402.htm

I would be surprised if it wasn't. I know Sheffield Scene is. We have a member who is a member of the police force. He joined using his real name from an ip that was clearly a South Yorkshire Police one. As soon as he joined he contacted me to tell me who he was, why he was there, and then posted that if anyone had any problems or something he should know about, he was available to be contacted either through the forum or on landline number that he gave. I know that a number of the forum members contacted him with concerns about girls/premises.

if police or internet watch foundation are looking at this, why not create a profile for yourself here so we can PM you with any leads of dodgy stuff?

I would be surprised if it wasn't. I know Sheffield Scene is. We have a member who is a member of the police force. He joined using his real name from an ip that was clearly a South Yorkshire Police one. As soon as he joined he contacted me to tell me who he was, why he was there, and then posted that if anyone had any problems or something he should know about, he was available to be contacted either through the forum or on landline number that he gave. I know that a number of the forum members contacted him with concerns about girls/premises.

Lateral thinking and I bet that officer has a number of good informants.

I would be amazed if a number of organisations do not monitor this Board

I would be amazed if a number of organisations do not monitor this Board

who else besides plod would have a intrest in us?:D

who else besides plod would have a intrest in us?:confused:

Well, two of the more obvious ones are Income Tax and VAT inpectors for fairly clearly understood reasons..........................

bet the fems come too to be disgusted.

if police or internet watch foundation are looking at this, why not create a profile for yourself here so we can PM you with any leads of dodgy stuff?

Its a very good idea. Perhaps they would contact the board owner and verify themselves first though.

Well, two of the more obvious ones are Income Tax and VAT inpectors for fairly clearly understood reasons..........................

and benefit fraud......................................

...............................I just creep out the back while no-one is looking!

Its a very good idea. Perhaps they would contact the board owner and verify themselves first though.

Always best to be upfront. That way you're more likely to get the goodwill and cooperation of the board owner.

Tax and VAT are the same department nowadays - I think you will find that government departments don't allow their employees to log into doubtful sites - that privilege is reserved for the husbands of MPs.

Incidentally Jacqui Smith claimed £40,000 a year for her husband to act as her secretary. She will be thrown out on her ear at the election complete with the £116,000 of fradulent mortgage payments and a government pension.

Tax and VAT are the same department nowadays - I think you will find that government departments don't allow their employees to log into doubtful sites - that privilege is reserved for the husbands of MPs.

Incidentally Jacqui Smith claimed £40,000 a year for her husband to act as her secretary. She will be thrown out on her ear at the election complete with the £116,000 of fradulent mortgage payments and a government pension.

I think you will find they are two separate departments.

Income Tax is payable on Income from the punter to the WG however once she gets to a certain stage of receipts (Currently £68,000 pa) she needs to charge and render VAT as a one man business.

I think you will find they are two separate departments.

Income Tax is payable on Income from the punter to the WG however once she gets to a certain stage of receipts (Currently £68,000 pa) she needs to charge and render VAT as a one man business.

*has a bad attack of the PCs*

Perhaps 'a single trader business' sir*? :confused:

*Nope, not risking more tyops tydoa.

*has a bad attack of the PCs*

Perhaps 'a single trader business' sir*? :o

*Nope, not risking more tyops tydoa.

Sole trader innit...

Like a shoe shop :confused:

Yus, 'tis. Sorry:o

Or as Ms Harman might put it, 'soul trader'.

Yus, 'tis. Sorry:o

Or as Ms Harman might put it, 'soul trader'.

I'm sure she would, given half a chance.

Harperson, shirley?

I don't rise to such on Proper Nouns.

And don't .....etc etc.:confused:

Of course the police monitor this site, how would they know where to punt if they didnt??:confused::D:p

who else besides plod would have a intrest in us?:confused:

I often think that there are a fair number of undercover journalists around here sniffing for a story or two. There are also one or two more upfront ones which is much more refreshing.