emersson

Keeping It Stum

32 posts in this topic

A very good mate of mine is coming over at weekend for curry and beers. He's the sort of mate I can talk about anything with. He doesn't know I've started punting. I believe he'd be stunned but not outraged if I told him. He's married though, and you just know he's going to tell his missus, which would make it awkward for me next to I go over there.

So, do I keep stum and keep my secret safe, or have a great night telling him about all the gorgeous girls I've seen? Of course, once I've told him I can't ever take it back. Hmmm now I'm wondering if part of the thrill of punting is the secrecy?

my advice would be, don't tell him if he's going to tell his wife. because the chances are that the next time you meet her she will look at you like you've been scraped off the bottom of a tramp's shoe. and who knows who else she might see fit to tell?

if you think he won't tell his wife and there's a chance he'll keep it secret, fine.

A very good mate of mine is coming over at weekend for curry and beers. He's the sort of mate I can talk about anything with. He doesn't know I've started punting. I believe he'd be stunned but not outraged if I told him. He's married though, and you just know he's going to tell his missus, which would make it awkward for me next to I go over there.

So, do I keep stum and keep my secret safe, or have a great night telling him about all the gorgeous girls I've seen? Of course, once I've told him I can't ever take it back. Hmmm now I'm wondering if part of the thrill of punting is the secrecy?

If you have anything to lose keep it to yourself is my advice.

You could tell him, but only if you kill him first.

Your motive seems to be bragging, that is very poor grounds to tell him, especially given that you cannot trust him to keep a confidence.

I wouldn't even think about it and if he tells his wife? There are very few women who will say "well done lad". And can you trust your mate not to gossip down the pub or wherever? The shit and shoe comment is nearer the mark.

If you are young free n single and without a C in the W, knock yourself out

On the other hand if you are married/in a relationship, you potentially have a lot to lose, so I have no doubt whatsoever that you should KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT!!!!

Your dirty little secret just won't stay a secret any more

The implication in your post is that you get to see gorgeous girls whereas he has to "make do" with a girl next door wife...Personally, I would feel guilty about sowing seeds of discontent and destabilising a mate's marriage.

His wife may forbid him from seeing you if she realises that you spend your time bragging about your paid conquests.

In short, keep stum

Jack

Edited by jackjones

If you get a girlfriend in the future, your mate might just tell her you've been with prostitutes, maybe on some occasion when you're all a bit drunk or something. Who knows? She won't like it - you could even lose her because of it. Keep it secret - the brief thrill of telling him just isn't worth it. You can never get your secret back once it's out.

A very good mate of mine is coming over at weekend for curry and beers. He's the sort of mate I can talk about anything with. He doesn't know I've started punting. I believe he'd be stunned but not outraged if I told him. He's married though, and you just know he's going to tell his missus, which would make it awkward for me next to I go over there...

You've answered your own question here I think.

Keep it to yourself

(if you have to brag: write on here

but keep this hobby out of civvy life - safer)

Keep quiet, like most of us do. If he tells his wife, it may go further. And once it's out, you can never change that, for the rest of your life.

Ok guys, I hear you loud and clear. I shall take this one to the grave with me. KInda taken a load off my mind really.

Never trust a friend because a friend has always got a friend, whose got a friend, whose got a friend, whose got a friend, whose best mates with your other half.

Saying that I trusted my friend with my punting secret and he became a punter.

And friends sometimes become enemies. Surprising, but it happens.. Then your precious secrets are at grave risk :( .

never ever tell anyone about this.

things come back to bite u in the arse later.

rule 1 - don't tell anyone, ever.

rule 2 - always abey rule 1

never ever tell anyone about this.

things come back to bite u in the arse later.

rule 1 - don't tell anyone, ever.

rule 2 - always abey rule 1

Got to agree - simply NEVER tell anyone AT ALL...EVER....seriously take it to the grave with you.

Thats my philosophy - anonymous forums like this are the only outlet to discuss it as far as I am concerned. Actually the cloak and dagger secrecy is part of the enjoyment . :ph34r:

Edited by THE D

Add my voice to the nay sayers. Is it worth a few moments of bragging to a mate who might or might not be impressed for your entire circle of friends finding out and gossiping behind your back. Not many of them will be as impressed as you hope your mate might be.

Dont tell him. If you are that close then when you finally settle down its inevitable that your partner and his wife will get to know each other very well. No guarantees things wont turn nasty between them one day and she could spill the beans and spoil your happy home over a by then defunct hobby from the past. She might also demand he not associate with you thus causing strain on a friendship and a marraige all in one go.

There is always the chance of him being your pissed up best man making a speech one day too :o

Lots of good advice here. It also depends how old you are. Coming out as a punter, wouldnt be too shocking if you were in your fifties say., Women in my experience are always a bit jealous of their partners mates, so if you want to chat about your hobby, and its part of the fun, find a mate who is single.

The overall consensus is keep it to myself, and that's what I'm going to do. However, I very much doubt my dirty little secret will get back to my friends/girlfriends via his wife, as one or two replies have suggested, since my mate lives 70 miles away and we don't have any mutual friends (I used to work with the guy 15 years ago and we've kept in touch ever since).

If I know him he'll be fascinated, intrigued, and possibly even a little envious when I tell him how absolutely lovely and nice these WG ladies are. Like most people outside the scene he probably thinks they are all crackheads or trafficked girls enslaved in bedsits (certainly not the girl who lives just down your road who drives that super little BMW Mini).

But I shan't tell him. I'm keeping it to myself just because I have doubts about the overall wisdom of coming out. And as we say in Yorkshire "If in doubt, do nowt!".

Some people tell their wives everything because they feel that they trust them...and she'll likely run her mouth either now or later. I'd keep it to yourself.

I've only ever told one friend about this hobby, he had been single for a very long time and was feeling just a tad frustrated so as a mate I let him no how easy and uncomplicated it was to have paid sex. I took him to a local parlour where he had a great time and he's seen a fair few ladies since then. This would all be very good if it had just stopped there.

Unfortunately though, he doesn't have quite the same grasp of secrecy as I do. At the last count I think he's told about 30 or 40 friends of his that he's had sex with WGs and while it's up to him he's also brought me into it. There's been quite a few times when I've gone to visit him and there's been some friend there (male and female) who's turned round and said 'So you're the bloke who took ******** to see prostitutes?'

Ever since then, kept my punting life and my real life 100% seperate. Helping out a mate isn't worth the hassle

The following poem is dedicated to the punter known as Emersson...

"If you have a friend treat them as such but don't that friend too much,for one day your friend may turn to a foe and over the mountains your secrets will go"

(Ace has now left the building.)