foxy

Unsolicited Texts From A Wg

29 posts in this topic

I made arrangements to see a local working girl twice since January 2012

On each occasion, she cancelled with a couple of hours to spare - First time because of an ill child and second time because she had slipped in the shower and hurt herself

As it happens, I am of the opinion she was probably telling the truth on the first occasion and possibly on occasion number two......how would I know?........this is not really the point though - I immediately made a conscious decision to scratch her fragrant, moist and busty name off my "to do list"

Today, 3 weeks on from the shower incident I get a text "Hi hun, haven't heard from you for ages xxx"....... to which I replied "Sorry, who is this?" (I had deleted her no: from my phone)... she then immediately replied with her somewhat explicit working name.

"Ah right......sorry, as we have made arrangements to meet twice and never met I deleted your name and number from my phone"

"Well it was hardly my fault...bloody shower mats in hotels eh?" or something of that nature

I have not replied again

Am I wrong in thinking this is all a bit off?...........

She's totally out of order contacting you.The generally excepted etiquette is that ladies never contact clients (or potential clients) unless given instructions to do so by them.

Yep, what Lara said. Not professional.

+1! I think it is standard protocol to never contact a client if you haven't been asked to.

I'd say you should tell her that too to perhaps save someone else an unpleasant experience.

Guys ask me to let them know when I'm next doing incalls, so I text them & they still ask who I am etc.

I think a horny man gives instructions & makes promises they later forget.

I used to have a girl getting in touch all the time, texting and phoning, asking if i could go and see her. She was obviously desperate for money, so i used to offer her £20 when she was asking for £40 for half an hour. Suited both of us. She left the scene to have a baby and is now advertising herself at £60 an hour!!

On each occasion, she cancelled with a couple of hours to spare - First time because of an ill child and second time because she had slipped in the shower and hurt herself

As it happens, I am of the opinion she was probably telling the truth on the first occasion and possibly on occasion number two......how would I know?........this is not really the point though - I immediately made a conscious decision to scratch her fragrant, moist and busty name off my "to do list"

Today, 3 weeks on from the shower incident I get a text "Hi hun, haven't heard from you for ages xxx"....... to which I replied "Sorry, who is this?" (I had deleted her no: from my phone)... she then immediately replied with her somewhat explicit working name.

"Ah right......sorry, as we have made arrangements to meet twice and never met I deleted your name and number from my phone"

"Well it was hardly my fault...bloody shower mats in hotels eh?" or something of that nature

I have not replied again

Unless agreement was reached to send such texts with a SP they shouldnt be sent along with any other form of cold contact. A SP has no idea of who might have access to your phone or who you are with when they decide to cold contact. Unprofessional and ensures i go elsewhere.

As ever having a dedicated punting phone/sim which is only turned on when arranging punts is a basic precaution i would recommend, at least then a punter wont potentially be left in an awkward or worse position. So you are not wrong at all to think its a bit off in my view.

I'm not the most obvious one to be giving advice, right now, but "block her" from your 'phone, even the punting one. Only accept texts from the ladies like Lara who are trying to pass on genuine information like her availability for incalls, or those who you otherwise trust.

Jack :ph34r:

Guys ask me to let them know when I'm next doing incalls, so I text them & they still ask who I am etc.

I think a horny man gives instructions & makes promises they later forget.

A mixture of alcohol and thinking with the brain between the legs, rather than the brain in the head, methinks Lara :(

Guilty, M"Lady :(:unsure::blink::mad::D

Jack :ph34r:

I have not replied again

She sounds a night mare. Avoid. I only once had such a thing a text advertising a flat "with two girls"- I assume it was a mail shot to any mobile that ever called them or another parlour. It's very stupid - how do they klnow who might be using that phone a month or a year later?

I had a girl txt me reminding me to give her feedback, which I was going to do anyways. After some txt tennis about it, we ended up txting each other about our fav tv shows. Is that bad protocol?

I just cant understand the mentality of this. Honestly, it absolutely blows my mind. Even with a single man, who has told me I can text anytime, I wont do it unless they initiate contact. You are sending a message out into the ether, you have no idea where that phone is, who is sitting beside it, what questions might be asked about the message. Even if you are down in there as 'Fred', there's something about it that displays a total lack of understanding about the unspoken contact between you.

I am the service provider. When a client wants me, I am here and they can contact me. I had a client yesterday ask me to keep him updated on my availability by text, he wants an appointment next week, but doesn't know which day he is free yet. Baffling. He is happy to receive texts from me every day saying.... what? 'I'm free today, want to come and have some fun'? What if his mum is sitting there and he is in the shower? Anyway, obviously said 'No sweetheart, you call me when you want to see me.'

I know it's total 'worst case scenario' stuff, and 999 times out of 1000, it's not going to be a problem, but the repercussions of that potential one time that that message causes a problem just make me shudder. I take confidentiality very seriously. Your clients as a WG are trusting you with so much. And in my mind, to text a client out of the blue displays a total lack of concern for their safety and wellbeing.

a guy asked me to text him when i was free once. i had no problem with it. i made sure i was very careful about how i worded it though. i wrote "i'm free if you want to get together" that way it could've been a text from anyone (a friend, co-worker, etc)

i don't understand people who text without being asked to first. but if someone actually wants me to, then i would never turn them down. unless of course they start text stalking me, in which case i cut off all communication completely.

This is why everyone should be using a punting sim.

Not very good at all. I have clients I know I can text if I need to, and infact they encourage it. Anyone else I presume is off limits. If however someone is a prolific texter I may decide assume it's ok to text whenever, but it'll always be in response to a question or enquiry. I am also reluctant to use names when texting, or refer directly to bookings which may come across as a bit unwelcoming but it's safest that way.

Had a couple of issues week or two ago where 3 client's texts got held up, didn't come through to my phone until 5 hours, 1 day and 48 hours later. I had no indication of this delay and replied as normal (well apart from the 5 hour one which was to confirm an appointment, and the chap didn't phone to chase up - thought I was ignoring him/appointment off and did not pay a visit!).

Always be aware that electronic typings can get lost, be delayed or even accidentally deleted (yep I've done this one with a new enquiry, pressed wrong button and couldn't reply since I didn't have any other communication from that person).

SMS texts can be handy and 'discrete' at times, unreliable and completely indiscrete at others.

a guy asked me to text him when i was free once. i had no problem with it. i made sure i was very careful about how i worded it though. i wrote "i'm free if you want to get together" that way it could've been a text from anyone (a friend, co-worker, etc)

i don't understand people who text without being asked to first. but if someone actually wants me to, then i would never turn them down. unless of course they start text stalking me, in which case i cut off all communication completely.

It could be misunderstood as your charges are free!!! so never say "I'm free". :) . Rather say "R u interested in Business proposal we just discussed some time ago now?"

I'm obviously in the minority to deem them acceptable, I'd much prefer to get an unsolicited text from a lady then from a company claiming I've had an accident and am entitled to claim x amount, PPI, Loans Zzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm perfectly happy to receive unsolicited texts - but then I use a dedicated punting phone, so it's only switched on if it's safe, so there's no danger. I have received texts from one of the girls I've seen (they know I have a dedicated phone) and they've always been very careful worded so they sounded innocent if anyone else saw them - the only problem once was when she changed her number, so I had no idea who it had come from, causing me a bit of confusion until I saw I'd also had an email saying it had changed.

I'm obviously in the minority to deem them acceptable, I'd much prefer to get an unsolicited text from a lady then from a company claiming I've had an accident and am entitled to claim x amount, PPI, Loans Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes but if your other half saw a text from an accident insurance company she is not likely to divorce you, take the kids and keep the house is she?

It could be misunderstood as your charges are free!!! so never say "I'm free". :) . Rather say "R u interested in Business proposal we just discussed some time ago now?"

people know what 'i'm free' means. it's not easy to misunderstand, and if they did, it wouldn't take much to correct them

Yes but if your other half saw a text from an accident insurance company she is not likely to divorce you, take the kids and keep the house is she?

True, but on the otherhand if you are single, playing Russian Roulette has better odds...

people know what 'i'm free' means. it's not easy to misunderstand, and if they did, it wouldn't take much to correct them

i know people would know. just a bad joke. Have a nice day!

i know people would know. just a bad joke. Have a nice day!

ah ok ;)

I have occasionally received unsolicited texts from one lady, when she was coming to town. I didn't mind, but some people might.

I have not replied again

I agree with others in thread, that it is totally unprofessional of a wg to behave in this manner with random texts to clients, so no not "off" at all.

Maybe think about getting a 'punting' phone so this is least likely to occur if future, giving your personal number can pose problems.

Personally, I only ever take/accept bookings through texts with reg clients I see or good recs, even when clients have asked me to text them

times/dates etc,..I never do unless specifically know that it is ok and always pretty vague. Have been accused of being too sharp/blunt in texts in past lol!! but that is just how I am and like to know/ alway's careful who I am exchanging texts with.

I had a girl txt me reminding me to give her feedback, which I was going to do anyways. After some txt tennis about it, we ended up txting each other about our fav tv shows. Is that bad protocol?

Unless you had agreed with her earlier that she could text you anytime, it was indeed bad protocol on her part. Clearly you had a nice chat, but what if you were married and your wife intercepted the text ???