Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MinxyLydia

Time Keeping

26 posts in this topic

Partly thinking out loud here...

If a client makes an appointment for say 6pm and then doesn't show up by 5 past I will usually text to ask if he is on his way, if I get no reply after 10 minutes then I tell him I assume he isn't coming and the appointment is cancelled. Usually I never hear from them again and they get deemed timewasters.

Of course most decent men who are running late keep me updated letting me know the traffic is bad etc or could they move the appointment until later because they are stuck at work or whatever. This is fine, I get life doesn't always go to plan.

But, what about the man who in case one doesn't get in touch and only lets me know after I have texted him to say he is running late? The ones who think we have nothing better to do than sit round in our stockings waiting only for them? They then rock up half an hour later with no regret or apology. I will smile sweetly, but it does put me off a man and he will probably get blacklisted for having a poor attitude.

What I was wondering though- say he has booked for an hour and I have something else to do later or another client due (I usually leave an hour between bookings to account for a bit of lateness and time for me to clean up and change etc) is it acceptable for me to expect the full amount for the hour and only see him for half an hour as if he has booked a 6pm-7pm slot and if he is late tough luck? Do women do this? Or do I tell him I now only have half an hour and accept the payment for that?

I know the first option sounds a bit harsh but I have wasted my time waiting when I could have been doing something productive or seen a client who would have been on time and paid for an entire hour.

Just to be clear, as I said above if the man informs me of delays, is polite and regretful about it then I would be much more flexible and I would probably end up being apologetic about now only having half an hour free for him- I'm talking about the rude ones who have no manners before you all leap on me for thinking I could charge someone an hour for a half hour session! I mean if you are late for the theatre or a football match you don't get a refund for missing the first half!

Or maybe I just have to suck it up as part of life?!

Just intrigued how other girls play it and thoughts in general...

First off, are punters really that rude?

I would always let whoever I was seeing know if I am running late as that is just common courtesy isn't it? For someone to just rock up half way through the booking time and not apologise smacks of arrogance and if I was you I would charge him the full amount, perhaps then he may be more polite next time.

I am self employed and if I was booked for a day for example but the client turned up at lunchtime without apology or explanation then I would definitely charge for the day. Why should a WG be treated any different?

Edited by THE D

To be honest Lydia I think your within your rights to charge the full amount, assuming you've had no prior notice or warning about the late arrival.

As you say, things do happen now and again to change plans and availability, and it's common courtesy to let anyone affected by a change of plans know.

I would certainly expect the same of a WG visiting me if she was running late.

Yes The D, it happens! Most men are lovely and polite but we do get messed about by a lot of idiots! I can usually wheedle them out before I accept a booking these days though!

wg's can issue invoices like other businesses. so if someone doesnt show its tough titty. difficult.

Edited by Coventrypunter

It does happen a lot, had one guy swan in half an hour late the other day and when I informed him that he was a bit late he smirked then the girl only had 20 minutes available and he got shirty, he was standing there holding 2 mobile phones and a bulging wallet so he wasnt short of the means to call, he just couldnt be bothered.

Most guys do call and let us know if there is a problem but something I have noticed is that some guys book in the hope that they will be able to make it knowing they probably cant, then they call and change till later, then they turn up late in the end too. One guy even said he knew it was a long shot to make it to his first time booked, this I think is taking the piss just a bit too far.

One particular guy is now no longer allowed to book for this very reason after doing the change appointments several times in a day a few times in a row. His excuse delivered in a very cocky way was at first that it wasnt him that booked, his friend had borrowed his phone then even cockier, he is a very busy man, he doesnt have time for all this silliness.."I am here now whats the problem" errrrrr :eek: . He comes for a walk in now instead ^_^

Yes The D, it happens! Most men are lovely and polite but we do get messed about by a lot of idiots! I can usually wheedle them out before I accept a booking these days though!

People never fail to amaze me in their total lack of manners. I wonder if those guys would treat everyone like that (eg. Dentists, doctors etc) or just WGs? Personally I wouldn't treat a WG any differently than any other person I would book an appointment with, in fact I would try and be even more polite as why would you want to ,piss off someone that is about to give you a VERY personal service for your pleasure!?

My view is a happy WG is much more likely to make a punt more fun and enjoyable than one who has the hump with you from the start!

Edited by THE D

What happens when the lady arrives at the flat/location 20 mins late & then charges for full hour booking.

After taking the money informs the customer that she can only do an half hour booking?

Had this happen to me once, the lady refused a partial refund as i had booked a full hour!.

SP

Policies for different situations are not easy. Small and medium business in particular struggle with them. So many weird things happen in life. Big businesses usually have them for every situation and people make fun of them for it. And it is really hard to make up a fair policy on the spot. So you are really wise to be reflecting on this Lydia!

My view is that a booking is not a "deal". It is not like buying a film ticket. More like a restaurant or hairdresser. They might now be full, but otherwise cost of dinner or haircut is probably the same. And I'm supposing that you would rather have something fair than nothing. So if you said " the rate we agreed on the phone was 500 per hour, you are 30 min late so now it will be 500 for 30 min". He will say "no deal goodbye". But if you say "I only have 30 min my 30 min rate is 375" he may say "deal" or may say "no deal". The advantage is you only need to put up with him for 30 min, and you have something for the trouble. And if he says no it is his choice.

Equally valid to say "sorry you missed your appointment I'm not free now goodbye". If all WG did the latter he would soon learn. And either way, fair to ban for the future. (Or since you are self employed OK to break policy and give him a second chance if the 30 min was good fun).

What happens when the lady arrives at the flat/location 20 mins late & then charges for full hour booking.

After taking the money informs the customer that she can only do an half hour booking?

Had this happen to me once, the lady refused a partial refund as i had booked a full hour!.

SP

So as the deal is being made, it would be helpful to clarify. "Here is the money for a full hour. We have an hour from now?" She then needs to say yes or no. It is hard to say things like this I know - the business part of the hobby is not very sexy and fun. In this case since neither clarified, she is messing with you, and profitting from the ambiguity. It is a no win situation for you. If you then say no deal money back please, there is a risk she walks and you get nothing. You can say "that money was for 60 min personal time if you walk it is theft." But she knows that you will not call the Bill. And by having any discussion like this, the attraction dives.

I'm weak. If she was hot, I might cut my losses and try hard to enjoy the 30 min. And then name and shame. Is this what you did? Did you name and shame?

Common courtesy would mean that I'd be getting in touch as soon as I thought I might be running late, and I'd expect the same (and have had it) in return.

Common sense would lead me to expect that I may not then be able to have the length of time I'd wanted, and depending on the circumstances a re-negotiation of the fee.

Unfortunately, common courtesy and common sense are extremely uncommon these days.

Partly thinking out loud here...

If a client makes an appointment for say 6pm and then doesn't show up by 5 past I will usually text to ask if he is on his way, if I get no reply after 10 minutes then I tell him I assume he isn't coming and the appointment is cancelled. Usually I never hear from them again and they get deemed timewasters.

Of course most decent men who are running late keep me updated letting me know the traffic is bad etc or could they move the appointment until later because they are stuck at work or whatever. This is fine, I get life doesn't always go to plan.

But, what about the man who in case one doesn't get in touch and only lets me know after I have texted him to say he is running late? The ones who think we have nothing better to do than sit round in our stockings waiting only for them? They then rock up half an hour later with no regret or apology. I will smile sweetly, but it does put me off a man and he will probably get blacklisted for having a poor attitude.

What I was wondering though- say he has booked for an hour and I have something else to do later or another client due (I usually leave an hour between bookings to account for a bit of lateness and time for me to clean up and change etc) is it acceptable for me to expect the full amount for the hour and only see him for half an hour as if he has booked a 6pm-7pm slot and if he is late tough luck? Do women do this? Or do I tell him I now only have half an hour and accept the payment for that?

I know the first option sounds a bit harsh but I have wasted my time waiting when I could have been doing something productive or seen a client who would have been on time and paid for an entire hour.

Just to be clear, as I said above if the man informs me of delays, is polite and regretful about it then I would be much more flexible and I would probably end up being apologetic about now only having half an hour free for him- I'm talking about the rude ones who have no manners before you all leap on me for thinking I could charge someone an hour for a half hour session! I mean if you are late for the theatre or a football match you don't get a refund for missing the first half!

Or maybe I just have to suck it up as part of life?!

Just intrigued how other girls play it and thoughts in general...

Be on time is my watchword, i am in the punt area early as i allow for traffic, clearly sometimes things outside a persons control mean they are delayed but there is no excuse not to let the WG know.

When i drained my car battery meaning i had to walk and would of been late i stood in the road and stopped traffic bribing a young guy with £20 to take me to the WGs street. Nothing outside family, friends and Golf is more important than getting to a punt on time.

If they dont let you know whats happening i would give someone else the booking if it were me. :)

I have only had one bad experience of a bloke being mega late.

I stupidly took his booking when deep down I felt all was not right.

We arranged 2.30pm, at 2.40pm I sent a text to ask if he was in the area, no reply.

At 2.50pm I sent another text asking if he was close by yet, no reply.

I then sent another text at 3pm saying that I was going home as he had not had replied to my texts.

He then rang me and sounded very irritated with me and asked me to wait as he was just parking up.

So just short of 40 minutes after he should of been with me he arrived.

I went to kiss him hello and he drew away from me, saying he did not kiss......erm.

I then said in a cheeky way that his communication skills were some what lacking and he should of informed me he was running late.

Ignoring my comment he then looked at me and said "So how much are you then?"......WTF!

I asked him to leave at that point, my only bad experience to date.

Lucy :)

I did have a punt this week where the WG (who was working out of a hotel) didn't provide a mobile number. She phoned the day before the appointment from a withheld number.

She did have over 200 +ve ratings, some from the day before with the right location and a large number of field reports, so I wasn't that concerned for her validity.

If something had gone wrong from my viewpoint, I may not have been able to get to my account so that she could be informed but that was her problem not mine. As it played out, she did txt 5 mins before meet time to ask me to wait 10 mins. I was actually walking up the stairs in the hotel when i got her message.

Absolutely cannot stand being late for anything! If I'm held up I will call ahead, but am prepared to be rescheduled as, although I know the ladies sit around all day in lingerie and lipstick, sometimes they will have to do other things, such as hair and nails etc!!!!

I think that if I go to the hairdresser and am late for an appointment but they can still see me I would expect to pay the same rate - not sure if this is a fair comparison as they are not likely to have turned someone away?

I think on a punt I would expect to be rescheduled, or have a shorter time at the relevant rate or have the agreed time for the agreed amount but starting later.

If I was asked for an hours money for half hour punt it would be a no from me. However I would ensure that the chance of it happening was greatly reduced, which is why I like to get location info early to plan journey, but that's another tread......

this hasn't happened to me, but if it did, i would charge the full amount.

that's how all other timed appointments work in the real world. if you had an hour long counseling session, and you arrived half an hour late, you would still be charged the full price for the half hour.

i don't see how this is any different.

Edited by nisha87

. Nothing outside family, friends and Golf is more important than getting to a punt on time.

*makes mental note never to get in smiths' way if he's late for a punt*

We arranged 2.30pm, at 2.40pm I sent a text to ask if he was in the area, no reply.

I then sent another text at 3pm saying that I was going home as he had not had replied to my texts.

He then rang me and sounded very irritated with me and asked me to wait as he was just parking up.

I went to kiss him hello and he drew away from me, saying he did not kiss......erm.

I then said in a cheeky way that his communication skills were some what lacking and he should of informed me he was running late.

Ignoring my comment he then looked at me and said "So how much are you then?"......WTF!

The cheeky bugger behaving as if he is buying a piece of meat.

The cheeky bugger behaving as if he is buying a piece of meat.

I know.

I handled myself with complete dignity as I showed him to my door.

He sent a text after saying "no wonder you don't show your face, you are ugly!".

I did not reply.

I was actually more cross with myself then him, as I felt I had let myself down by not doing my normal vetting system.

It was a week before my first anniversary of being Lucy7 as well and I had never had had a bad experience until then.

Then compared to what some ladies have had to deal with it, mine was a mere triviality.

I know.

I handled myself with complete dignity as I showed him to my door.

He sent a text after saying "no wonder you don't show your face, you are ugly!".

I did not reply.

I was actually more cross with myself then him, as I felt I had let myself down by not doing my normal vetting system.

It was a week before my first anniversary of being Lucy7 as well and I had never had had a bad experience until then.

Then compared to what some ladies have had to deal with it, mine was a mere triviality.

Muppet - him not you!!!!!

I always, always let a girl know if I am running late for an appointment, and would expect her to do the same. If she cannot then accommodate the later time, that is her prerogative, and I would never argue the point, however much I have been looking forward to the punt. Usually, I make sure that I am well ahead of time, especially with a new girl or new area of the country.

Only on a very few occasions have traffic conditions or winter weather led me to cancel completely at very short notice, and I would understand if the same came from the WG. As long as there is communication and goodwill on both sides, a future encounter should be entirely feasible. One of my recent regulars, now retired, alas, started as as an aborted meeting due to the M25 being at a standstill. I always went by train after that (and she went like one ;))

Once had someone book and turn up well over an hour late - he had kept me informed, BUT there was no apology on arrival. Can't remember his exact words, but they clearly expressed the view that it was no big deal as I surely had nothing better to be doing with my time but wait for him! :mad:

I am one of those people who are almost obsessive about being on time. I genuinely feel ill if I know I am going to be late and will do my utmost not to be. One the odd occasion (M25 traffic is the usual culprit) where I am going to be late, I always let the WG know.

However, there are a subset of people who just don't seem to care. It often amazes me when I am with a group of friends who have agreed to meet at a particular time and one or two can always be relied upon to turn up 30 mins late, leaving the rest of us kicking our heels. Even more astonishing, they don't seem to be flustered or apologetic either.

It cuts both ways in the paid sex arena as well. There are definitely WGs who seem to have a very loose grasp of time. It can be a really rotten start to a punt when I phone (after being in the area for 15 mins to ensure I am on time), only to be told "oh, I am not ready babe, can you phone back in 15 mins" !!! Especially when it is freezing cold and puring with rain.

Back to Lydia's original question though, I guess it's something that you usually are going to have to tolerate. Although the odd extreme case, like some described above, definitely deserve the "I've run out of time before my next booking" treatment.

This post made me shudder. The worst type. Uncaring, disrespectful, and worst of all, unpredictable.

Edited by Curious Rose

Thanks for the replies guys and Lucy for sharing her horrid story. I'm glad you told him where to go!

I guess there are people in all businesses who are crap at manners and timekeeping and of course there are WGs who are as bad as some of the men.

C'est la vie and all that...