Ghenghis

Another good reason to avoid "that site"

91 posts in this topic

It seems that a number of punters have been mugged by a certain WG from the other site, who alledgedly lures them to a venue in Hastings via a number of guises and then when the punter is "washing his hands" she disappears leaving two gorillas to sort out the bloke who leaves minus the contents of his wallet.

At least two punters have complained http://southernpunting.com/index.php?topic=14903.0

on another board and the "lady" at the centre of the scandal claims her PC is "in for repairs", her phone is out of order and anyway she is "not bovvered!!" shades of Katherine Tate.

Names to avoid it appears until this is sorted include Hot Lips Lauren, Lauren xxx, Hot Sophie and Sexy Mariah.

Up to now, nothing like this has happened to me from anyone from "that site", or anywhere else, touchwood long may that continue.

The only profile name mentioned by G currently active there is Sexy Mariah, there are only two reviews, one from "client" who only has one review (from SM). The other review is a sales transaction.

Thanks Ghenghis for pointing this out, though practically all my punts are in London, something like this can happen anywhere. I'll still meet with ladies from "that site" especially the regulars of mine who advertise there.

It seems that a number of punters have been mugged by a certain WG from the other site, who alledgedly lures them to a venue in Hastings via a number of guises and then when the punter is "washing his hands" she disappears leaving two gorillas to sort out the bloke who leaves minus the contents of his wallet.

At least two punters have complained http://southernpunting.com/index.php?topic=14903.0

on another board and the "lady" at the centre of the scandal claims her PC is "in for repairs", her phone is out of order and anyway she is "not bovvered!!" shades of Katherine Tate.

Names to avoid it appears until this is sorted include Hot Lips Lauren, Lauren xxx, Hot Sophie and Sexy Mariah.

You sound like Harriet, close the site, avoid the site. Lets have it right, there are bad eggs in every profession. You have highlighted the fact of who they are but hardly call to avoid the site. In light of the press punternet has received I would of thought its about time the big players started pulling together. When it comes to having the money to take things to task the big boy is clearly the other site.

We are grateful for the warning but your thread is an attempt to blacken all the service providers that are honest and do what it says on the tin.

Lou4fun

Pre mod queen

I've had about half dozen punts with women off that site. All of them good. One always dreads what it would be like if a couple of ugly mofos jumped u when u entered her place. But for me thats part of the excitement; new place, total stranger who i'm gonna fcuk, will she be what i expected, what if i dont like her, butterflies in the stomach, what if someone i know sees me in this part of town, what if the missus comes round the corner whilst shopping with a friend and i've just left the WG and smell of some poncey shower gel and me hair is still wet...??? Hmm....the dangers of punting LOL

We have a board dedicated to "Dangerous Punter Warnings". Maybe it's time we had one dedicated to "Dangerous WG Warnings". :confused:

I haven't done anything about it and don't plan to, but I had a scam attempt there today. A new addition to that site (today) insisted that she be paid in advance for a booking since she had been bothered by timewasters in the past. I assured her that I would do no such thing, but that I would pay her in cash within two minutes of my arrival if everything was satisfactory. She sent back an e-mail (using a hotmail address) calling me a scumbag, threatening to report me to the police and having her male companion 'take care of' me. I didn't reply. I know that she's an exception - I've had reasonable success there before - but it's a reminder that all is not peaceful in the garden.:confused:

I haven't done anything about it and don't plan to, but I had a scam attempt there today. A new addition to that site (today) insisted that she be paid in advance for a booking since she had been bothered by timewasters in the past. I assured her that I would do no such thing, but that I would pay her in cash within two minutes of my arrival if everything was satisfactory. She sent back an e-mail (using a hotmail address) calling me a scumbag, threatening to report me to the police and having her male companion 'take care of' me. I didn't reply. I know that she's an exception - I've had reasonable success there before - but it's a reminder that all is not peaceful in the garden.:confused:

Care to name and shame?

Impressive customer service etiquette on her part....NOT! Under such circumstances you did the right thing by not responding in kind to such

vitriol, life's too short......

We have a board dedicated to "Dangerous Punter Warnings". Maybe it's time we had one dedicated to "Dangerous WG Warnings". :confused:

I agree.

Theres boards already around for helping WGs keep safe in this business. But nothing for keeping a honest client safe.

It's all too easy to change your username on that site. You identify a scammer on the board, the next thing you know, they're operating the same scam under a different name with a new hair colour, makeup and some new snaps.

There is something a bit odd about this. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but both Lauren and her sister Gemma are regular visitors to the southern boards and quite well known, it just doesn't add up.

They have certainly been pretty active on one of the southern Boards until fairly recently. That Board carried the story today and it was hoped that one or both would log in to refute it. It seems that Lauren's and Mariah's profiles have gone from AdWhatsit tonight, within minutes of each other.

You sound like Harriet, close the site, avoid the site. Lets have it right, there are bad eggs in every profession. You have highlighted the fact of who they are but hardly call to avoid the site. In light of the press punternet has received I would of thought its about time the big players started pulling together. When it comes to having the money to take things to task the big boy is clearly the other site.

We are grateful for the warning but your thread is an attempt to blacken all the service providers that are honest and do what it says on the tin.

Lou4fun

Pre mod queen

With all due respect Lou, that is complete bollocks.

It is a well known fact that a very high proportion of A d u l t w o r k service providers are scammers and con artists and indeed, when it comes to private galleries it could be alledged that they even encourage it as every penny paid in can be confiscated by the site when they are found out.

Yes there are some very genuine girls on there too but I won't use it because the chance of getting conned is too high and I play the percentages when I punt.

Maybe you are too sensitive?

With all due respect Lou, that is complete bollocks.

It is a well known fact that a very high proportion of A d u l t w o r k service providers are scammers and con artists and indeed, when it comes to private galleries it could be alledged that they even encourage it as every penny paid in can be confiscated by the site when they are found out.

Yes there are some very genuine girls on there too but I won't use it because the chance of getting conned is too high and I play the percentages when I punt.

Maybe you are too sensitive?

Is it really "very high" Ghenghis ? There are obviously some fake profiles on there that generate no response to enquiries, but the actual scammers (undoubtedly there are some) aren't that common in my experience.

15 of the 25 girls I have seen so far this year have an active awank profile and I have had no problems whatsoever. That's 15 out of 15 successful bookings (with the punts ranging from simply average to bloody fantastic). And before 2009, I was a punting virgin, so it's not my many years of experience giving me a great radar for scammers.

I never cough up for private galleries though and avoid girls who have no pictures in their public gallery. That much is common sense.

It's all too easy to change your username on that site. You identify a scammer on the board, the next thing you know, they're operating the same scam under a different name with a new hair colour, makeup and some new snaps.

Information technology at work...

I never cough up for private galleries though and avoid girls who have no pictures in their public gallery. That much is common sense.

Actually I go further. I avoid girls with a private gallery or any 'online' salesy stuff at all. At least you know they are only on there with the purpose meeting punters (or admittedly spoofs from exes etc - but you realise that straight away as you get no email back and yours to them dont show as read).

Again - common sense if you think about it.

Lou4fun

Pre mod queen

Brilliant post, yes I have always advised extreme caution with Adultw0rk but there are many totally genuine girls operating on there ----- in fact many of them also post on here.

I think us punters are big enough to use our own judgement as to whether we use that site or not, personally I will continue as normal ---- you should never carry anything valuable when punting with a new girl, just take the agreed fee.

Something similar happened on Gumtree recently, a guy advertised a car well under market value but when someone came to view it they were robbed.:confused:

Actually I go further. I avoid girls with a private gallery

You are probably missing out on many completely genuine girls, their private gallery helps to pay their site fees. :confused:

A new addition to that site (today) insisted that she be paid in advance for a booking since she had been bothered by timewasters in the past.

(

I doubt she will get many takers, sounds as bad as the Nigerian scam E-Mails that I get asking for my bank details. :confused:

Brilliant post, yes I have always advised extreme caution with Adultw0rk but there are many totally genuine girls operating on there ----- in fact many of them also post on here.

I think us punters are big enough to use our own judgement as to whether we use that site or not, personally I will continue as normal ---- you should never carry anything valuable when punting with a new girl, just take the agreed fee.

Something similar happened on Gumtree recently, a guy advertised a car well under market value but when someone came to view it they were robbed.:confused:

The only reason you think it was a brilliant post is because she disagreed with me.

There are times that you are predictably tedious.

Is it really "very high" Ghenghis ? There are obviously some fake profiles on there that generate no response to enquiries, but the actual scammers (undoubtedly there are some) aren't that common in my experience.

15 of the 25 girls I have seen so far this year have an active awank profile and I have had no problems whatsoever. That's 15 out of 15 successful bookings (with the punts ranging from simply average to bloody fantastic). And before 2009, I was a punting virgin, so it's not my many years of experience giving me a great radar for scammers.

How high when you are being ripped off would you consider "very high"?

If a car repairers gave you duff brake repairs 2% of the time, would you consider that "very low"?

If one in 10 of Sainsburies eggs was bad, would that be a "very low" percentage?

If every 100 programmes on TV you watched, 1 made your Sky160 Box reset itself and lost all your recorded stuff, would that be an "acceptably low" figure?

I would say your 15 is too low a sample and also you are probably doing some filtering already before selection.

I would also estimate from personal research on that site and the hundreds of scams reported here that the figure could be anything between 5% and 25% and when you consider that you chance losing >£100 and maybe getting further problems then that is in my opinion "very high". What would you say?

I never use the ** site other than to get a better understanding of some of the posts on here and the business as a whole. If you don't have an appreciation of what may be involved you are much more likely to get into dodgy situations, at least that's how I view things.

As for the idea of paying to see private galleries or whatever, I'm more likely to make contributions to a certain MP's pension fund! :confused:

The only reason you think it was a brilliant post is because she disagreed with me.

No, my friend, your opinion matters not one bit to me, I have had many a battle with our lovely Lou but on this occasion she made a lot of sense.:confused:

PNET and AWRK are two very different sites fulfilling different functions, in my opinion; I can't resist an analogy, so here goes:

PNET is like What Car? - you read it to get opinions and reviews of cars you are thinking of buying, and for entertainment.

AWRK is like AutoTrader - it's what you will (often) turn to when you are ready to spend the money. Yes, there will be some dodgy operators advertising therein, but you use the your experience and knowledge picked up elsewhere to weed these out.