Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrrightnow

Dennis Hof Proposes Leaglised Prostitution During Olympics

8 posts in this topic

Hello All,

http://whatculture.com/news/brothel-owner-dennis-hof-proposes-leaglised-prostitution-during-olympics.php

I haven't yet found footage of the actual interview, (might be on You Tube, perhaps); but I did see the subsequent "debate" on Channel 5:

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wright-stuff/episodes/friday-18-may-2

(Available for five days).

I'm not sure of the consenseous of opinion here regarding this degree of legalisation, (as if!); What did strike me about the coverage was the vast difference between the negativity of everyone in the TV studio and the views of the majority, (three quarters) of the public respondents.

I started watching this series having tired of ITV's 'This Morning' patronising treatment of guests (imho), whilst fawning over right-wing politicians and NI journalists. I had high hopes of Matthew Wright and what appeared to be a relatively broadminded panel; but some of their comments displayed breathtaking ignorance; ditto one individual telephone response.

Mr Wright judged the Labour MP to have beaten Mr Hof in the original debate because in one instance Hof refered to the hypothetical employees as "they"...so he must be a chauvanist then? WTF? As to whether Mr Hof should be the industry spokesperson: Had he not been a multi-millionaire, I suspect he wouldn't have got airtime. I also doubt that a Brit in the "Branston" league would be able to stray from PC constraints incase some nutter instigated a boycott of their business.

Is there anyone on the boards who has worked in TV and is able to suggest whether Z-List celeb's are subject to some kind of "three line whip" on the matter, or whether anyone straying from the "anti" school of thought is just barred from entering the industry in the first place?

He is on Womens Hours today debating with Julie Bindel.

Should be available on IPlayer later.

Traveller

Edited by traveller

He is on Womens Hours today debating with Julie Bindel.

Should be available on IPlayer later.

Traveller

So an informed, rational and balanced debate then. Well done radio 4 !

So an informed, rational and balanced debate then. Well done radio 4 !

on womans hour? dont make me laugh. how that feminazi charade is still alowed on air beats me. The very name is sexist.

on womans hour? dont make me laugh. how that feminazi charade is still alowed on air beats me. The very name is sexist.

It was a sarcastic comment.

Unfortunately the media, even the BBC, are now mainly interested in presenting extreme, opposed views, since Punch and Judy has become the only show in town.

However I see that the odious Hof trots out the mantra that, because brothels are illegal, the girls are all "trafficked" and exploited. So he and Bindel should at least have something to agree on.

Presumably though they won't agree that Hof is the solution to this "problem".

on womans hour? dont make me laugh. how that feminazi charade is still alowed on air beats me.

it gives the little ladies something to listen to on the wireless whilst they go about their chores, preparing the home for the return of their master.

Its a shame to some extent that we have someone like Dennis Hof proposing legalising brothels. Most sex work rights thinking is that is not the way to go with brothels that are run the way they are in Nevada. No choice in working. The Nevada style legalisation is such a straw man.