Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
visconti

Sex And The Single Man

15 posts in this topic

Without personalising it too much ( yes I am currently single) I'm just wondering about the situation I find myself in at this particular stage of my life. Early fifties, happily single, busily clocking up punter miles with a seemingly inexhaustible supply of beautifal women to have sex with, in what might once have seemed twenty or thirty years ago as some unimaginable fantasy. I think the two main consuquences of this that puzzle me are, firstly, whether it means I am effectively opting out of having another 'normal' relationship with a woman, at least for the time being (I've had several over the years and also have some very good female friends), and secondly, how other people percieve me (single, not gay, and apparently very happy with his lot : what they can't see is I'm sleeping with a different woman every other week, which certainly contributes to a generally happy demeanour). :) Not really looking for any takes on my particular situation, more just wondering if it tallies with anyone else's experience.

it tallies reasonably well with mine, give or take a decade or two in our ages.

I think the two main consuquences of this that puzzle me are, firstly, whether it means I am effectively opting out of having another 'normal' relationship with a woman, at least for the time being

yes, I think so, from my own experience.

and secondly, how other people percieve me (single, not gay, and apparently very happy with his lot : what they can't see is I'm sleeping with a different woman every other week, which certainly contributes to a generally happy demeanour). :)

unless they have a sneaky suspicion that you're punting, they probably attribute your demeanour to some kind of Inner Zen. or some serious denial. either that or they may think you've gone weirdly asexual, and you really, really take whatever other hobbies you have seriously.

but anyway, I can totally see where you're coming from. it's a great position to be in, isn't it? happy punting!

Edited by CP1

firstly, whether it means I am effectively opting out of having another 'normal' relationship with a woman,

Sounds like it, son. But is that anything to worry about? You could be onto a good thing there. I've always done the same thing, and I know I am.

That doesn't stop equally good ordinary human relationships with all known sexes, I can say after long punting experience. I'd even say longer than most readers here have been alive.

My lifetime secret of staying happy is to be single and look for sex only in punting. I've noticed other people not like me who seem just as happy, but their secret is that they're not interested in sex or have learned to lose whatever interest they had in it when they were younger. That explains why peace reigns at home whenever I see any of them and the wives there. They've adapted to the environment.

secondly, how other people percieve me

That may not be anything to worry about either. As a wise bald elder with a white beard said to me when I was about 15, you may think when you're young that everyone's watching you and has got some interest in doing it, but when you get to be an old beardo too you'll realise you were never important enough for that. They don't give a damn. They're all too interested in themselves to bother to notice where you're at.

Just relax, punt, be grateful for it and be happy. Carry on with what you're doing. That's the best advice, if a happy man really needs advice.

Love is unpredictable & bloody inconvenient. I know punting doesn't stop people from finding, or being found by love.

Yes, I can relate to the OP's situation entirely, age wise too. My single non-punting friends seem to think I'm past it, impotent, closet gay, asexual or just not interested in women.

I get great sex with lovely ladies whenever I want whilst all I tend to hear from them is how they 'nearly' pulled in a bar the previous weekend or verbal rehearsals of how they are going to bed some lady who out of politeness perhaps smiled at one of their cheesy chat up lines or accepted a drink from them.

Similar to mine but I'm not really that bothered how I am perceived and the novelty of contacting a beautiful girl to have sex with has unfortunately worn off. The weather is beautiful and I feel exceptionally good but I wish I had a other half who I could spend a long dirty weekend at the coast with. The highs of punting cannot resolve this particular conondrum.

Without personalising it too much ( yes I am currently single) I'm just wondering about the situation I find myself in at this particular stage of my life. Early fifties, happily single, busily clocking up punter miles with a seemingly inexhaustible supply of beautifal women to have sex with, in what might once have seemed twenty or thirty years ago as some unimaginable fantasy. I think the two main consuquences of this that puzzle me are, firstly, whether it means I am effectively opting out of having another 'normal' relationship with a woman, at least for the time being (I've had several over the years and also have some very good female friends), and secondly, how other people percieve me (single, not gay, and apparently very happy with his lot : what they can't see is I'm sleeping with a different woman every other week, which certainly contributes to a generally happy demeanour). :) Not really looking for any takes on my particular situation, more just wondering if it tallies with anyone else's experience.

Just do what makes you happy and dont worry about what others think. When the time is right, a non-WG will enter your life turning it upside down as the little minxes do, bloody marvellous when they happens.

Similar to mine but I'm not really that bothered how I am perceived and the novelty of contacting a beautiful girl to have sex with has unfortunately worn off. The weather is beautiful and I feel exceptionally good but I wish I had a other half who I could spend a long dirty weekend at the coast with. The highs of punting cannot resolve this particular conondrum.

Try looking for a GFE.,.

some of the Ladies "acting" That Good (and sometime they like a break too)...

Try looking for a GFE.,.

some of the Ladies "acting" That Good (and sometime they like a break too)...

I know a couple I would happily spend a long weekend with but it would cost an obscene amount of money and it just isn't really the same. I don't get the GFE and how a longer booking suddenly becomes a GFE.

I get great sex with lovely ladies whenever I want whilst all I tend to hear from them is how they 'nearly' pulled in a bar the previous weekend or verbal rehearsals of how they are going to bed some lady who out of politeness perhaps smiled at one of their cheesy chat up lines or accepted a drink from them.

*Round of applause* That's why we punt and others delude themselves.

*Round of applause* That's why we punt and others delude themselves.

some of them delude themselves, but lets not delude ourselves, some of them are also pulling their finger out and having sex with civvies ;)

some of them delude themselves, but lets not delude ourselves, some of them are also pulling their finger out and having sex with civvies ;)

Shouldn't that be "putting the finger in" :) :).

True, but the civvies they do pull generally have 'desperate' written on their forehead or are usually too drunk to know or care what happens to them that night.

I guess it's all down to what you want in life.

It would appear that many of the people replying so far equate a relationship / companionship with sex - i.e. 'I can just go out and sleep with a beautiful woman whenever I want'

If all you want from a partner is sex, then I guess a punting life is great as a single person.

Personally, whilst I'm a good decade or do younger than the OP, I think I also want companionship - someone I can laugh with, share my highs and lows with, go on holidays and share new experiences with etc etc as well as just sex...

So each to their own, and if they're happy being single and fulfilling their sexual needs via a paid professional (rather than 'having to work' for it with a civvie) then great - but to me 'pulling' (for want of a better word) a civvie would be (hopefully) about much more than just sex!

Thanks for interesting responses. So much of this is just down to what the individual feels. And in response to the last post, you're right there's no real comparison between a full blown relationship and this punting business, they're very different experiences.

But I guess I have a fair amount of experience of the former and am at a stage of my life where I'm definitely enjoying the latter. And as it happens I have a close friendship in my personal life with a very beautifal woman that is almost like being in a relationship anyway, it's just a friendship without a sexual element, which is probably one of the reasons why it works so well.

But I also look at some of the relationships of friends my own age without much envy : they either seem to be bickering all the time, sleeping in separate bedrooms, or just staying together for the sake of the kids. And I think I enjoy my own freedom and independence too much now, to want to go back to having to negotiate loads of boring details about what you're doing when, how long for, what you're going to eat for lunch blah blah blah.

And if I'm honest I also know that because I get to see a lot of beautifal women quite a lot younger than myself, that I'd find it difficult to go back to being with a woman of my own age ( I know that for a fact cos I tried it recently. It wasn't easy !). But each to their own, absolutely.