Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kantos Kan

Temporarily Disappearing Posts

4 posts in this topic

Since the last board software update, I have noticed a few occasions where I have posted a reply to a topic, using the quick reply box, but the reply is not shown at the bottom of the thread as is usual. The test disappears from the quick reply box, but doesn't appear as a post at the bottom of the thread as it normally does. However, if I come out of the thread and then go back in, there is the post, large as life.

This has happened three times in the last week, twice on my iPad and once on my desktop. Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me ?

Edited by Kantos Kan

Since the last board software update, I have noticed a few occasions where I have posted a reply to a topic, using the quick reply box, but the reply is not shown at the bottom of the thread as is usual. The test disappears from the quick reply box, but doesn't appear as a post at the bottom of the thread as it normally does. However, if I come out of the thread and then go back in, there is the post, large as life.

This has happened three times in the last week, twice on my iPad and once on my desktop. Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me ?

Not just you i get it virtually all the time too. I also get it when i edit a post, it initially appears like the edit didnt work but a minute or two later after coming out of the thread and back in the edit or post is there. This certainly never used to happen before the software update.

This happens every now and again to me on various forums. And I think it happens to many others too as you someimes see people on places double posting the same post and they say when apologising that its because of this.

I think it will just be a limitation inside the forum software. or maybe a browser glitch.

As opposed to going out of the topic and back in just press refresh/reload on your browser. (on the ipad its the circular arrow inside the url bar if my memory serves me right).

Normally I use the "Quote" function to reply, but yesterday I used "Reply to this topic" and my post didn't appear. There may be a glitch.