Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
orientallover

How Do You Dress For A Punt?

48 posts in this topic

Casual? Smart?

Edited by newbie008

Very casual, or whatever I happened to be wearing.

Casually normally. IMO, what i'm wearing doesn't matter, its what i've got in my wallet.

I wear a burqa!

lol!! So no RO or DFK then :)

Edited by newbie008

Casual? Smart?

Usually casual but if i am punting in certain places i might wear a suit which blends in better.

Generally casual-smart. I wouldn't arrive in a hoodie or shell suit (not that I own either form of attire.) On one occasion a WG I used to see now and then told me that she was pleased that I'd arrived in a suit with a case (I was going to work afterwards on that occasion) because it was more discreet. (I guess I could have been a surveyor or a financial adviser coming round!)

Generally (smart) jeans + polo shirt at the moment - so probably smartish-casual.

would you consider arriving in very cheap clothing the same as asking for an outcall to a crappy fawlty towers like hotel?

A nice tshirt with no tacky logos on it and a smart pair of jeans, with either shoes or smart trainers

(same sort of thing I would wear to the pub, which also seems to be the place I end up before/after a punt!)

would you consider arriving in very cheap clothing the same as asking for an outcall to a crappy fawlty towers like hotel?

"cheap" doesn't necessarily mean not smart though.

I'm sure there are some very expensive shellsuits/tracky bottoms available at sports direct, but I wouldn't wear that type of clothing to a punt, or anywhere else except the gym for that matter.

Iv had some very smart tshirts and jeans at places like burtons though, which didn't cost the earth...

I can't imagine most WGs worry much about your clobber provided that you're clean and don't look too worrying like a nutcase or something that will get the neighbours talking. Once you've got yourself in the naughty naked nude, paid, showered and demonstrated some consideration and respect for your partner-to-be (with perhaps some laidback self-deprecating humour), your attire will be entirely forgotten in most cases, I should think.

Edited by Joe Diddley

"cheap" doesn't necessarily mean not smart though.

That's true, I only go to 'normal' shops, none of the 'exlusive/expensive shops'. I rather spend my money on the punt than on the clothing :)

Edited by newbie008

I haven't punted yet it may depend on the WG but I guess smart casual if the WG likes a guy in a suit I would oblige but it may be that it is immaterial

You're probably right, most girls aren't too worried what you turn up in, but equally in my experience they tend to appreciate it if you look like you've made an effort : so definitely smart casual and I always make sure what I'm wearing is newly washed ..... clean jeans and a fresh white shirt. It's so obvious, but if you're clean, washed, shaved, well dressed and smell nice, you're going to get a better reception and then of course a better all round experience as well. It's not just about how much money you have in your pocket !

I tend to veer towards shirt and jeans, so casual smart like a dress down Friday. Sometimes if I'm seeing a lady after work and I'm wearing a suit then it'll be a suit. In this weather a nice non-logo t-shirt and jeans is acceptable, but I wouldn't go in shorts and flip flops no matter how hot it is.

I look like an extra from the cast of Carnivale or Grapes of Wrath; so a contrived early 20th century scruffiness is the norm for me. Mississippi sharecropper chic. It's where it's all at, lads.

I know you end up naked in the end so it should not really matter.

But I for one do appreciate it when a bloke makes an effort.

Most do, some to the point of silliness by asking if they should wear a suit to meet me even if we are not going out of my apartment.

Lucy :)

Shirt with as few buttons as possible. 'Smart' jeans, most of which have button fly but don't mind helping with those, grundies not too tight so they slip down with the aforementioned jeans, no socks, especially in summer, shoes that slip off easily. Seems to be acceptable, but do wear a suit if going out somewhere nice for dinner with the Lady.

I know you end up naked in the end so it should not really matter.

But I for one do appreciate it when a bloke makes an effort.

Most do, some to the point of silliness by asking if they should wear a suit to meet me even if we are not going out of my apartment.

Lucy :)

Blazer and Flannels. for me, being a touch on the Old side :(

As Lucy so rightly says, they do not stay on long, but I think most ladies appreciate the effort.

Jack :ph34r:

Just in normal attire.

This video clearly illustrates how Ace Ventura used to dress for a punt >

(Tuxedo bow tie the works)

Before I retired from punting 1st jan 2012.

I just love that song/video as it reminds me of a short romance many years ago while working in Cyprus.

For the girl in the pink dress I'd wear the tuxedo.

Full Zulu warrior get up including assagai and knobkerrie as I don't like attracting attention. :)