Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elrond

Should prostitution be legal

9 posts in this topic

IMO Yes if it is fully consensual and in a controlled enviroment. If there are people willing to pay for it and people willing to provide it. Why not.

Allthough i do think if you work in such an establishment you should be subject to drugs tests and it should be treated like any other career.

Allthough i do think if you work in such an establishment you should be subject to drugs tests and it should be treated like any other career.

Drugs tests? Are they standard in every other career?

How do you mean "treated like any other career" anyway?

It really depends on the society.

If a society wants to be liberal on the issue then yes (this is the type of society I'd like to live in). But this doesn't mean it being legal is right for everyone, so certain jurisdictions should ban it (and people who are into that go live there).

But unfortunately this isn't the way our world is set up.

Drugs tests? Are they standard in every other career?

How do you mean "treated like any other career" anyway?

Iye mean to make sure its a womans choice that she is doing this and not because she has a drug addiction like many street girls.

There are plenty of careers were you are tested for drugs.

I do not mean any disrespect to working girls or to say that evry working girl has a drug addiction. I simply meant that woman drug users often turn to prostitution, and if it was made legal there should be meassures in place to ensure that the woman working in such places are working there through there own choice and not because they need money to fund a drug habbit.

And i mean if made legal it should be treated like any other career simply what i said. I dont exactly know what you mean?

Iye mean to make sure its a womans choice that she is doing this and not because she has a drug addiction like many street girls.

There are plenty of careers were you are tested for drugs.

I do not mean any disrespect to working girls or to say that evry working girl has a drug addiction. I simply meant that woman drug users often turn to prostitution, and if it was made legal there should be meassures in place to ensure that the woman working in such places are working there through there own choice and not because they need money to fund a drug habbit.

And i mean if made legal it should be treated like any other career simply what i said. I dont exactly know what you mean?

When you're in a hole, stop digging!:P

It isn't illegal
It is in America where these debates are taking place. In fact, one of the blogs opens with: "Prostitution is currently legal in virtually all developed nations...."

It is in America where these debates are taking place

The (apparent) fact that a debate on this is taking place in the USA is a huge step forward. As late as the Reagan administration, a public statement was made by the federal government to the effect that prostitution did not occur in the USA. (I can't now remember the context which caused the statement to be made.)