Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mega

Bradford Brothels Raided - Eight Arrested.

13 posts in this topic

http://www.thetelegr...ampdown/?ref=ms

Note that two women were cautioned and a man, by the sound of a it a punter was one of those arrested.

The only reference to what the charges were is the following quote...

Sergeant Tom Casey, who led Operation Sweet Ward, said: “Two males, aged 37 and 23, and two females, aged 25 and 23, have been arrested from this address on suspicion of managing a brothel for the purposes of prostitution. They will be interviewed about that allegation.”

There's also a mention of a male who was released without charge in a separate raid but it's jumping to conclusions that he would be a punter. From the article there's no suggestion that the women were forced etc. or suspected of being so, so quite what they'd arrest him for is beyond me. They were just regular brothel raids due to complaints from neighbours.

http://www.thetelegr...ampdown/?ref=ms

Note that two women were cautioned and a man, by the sound of a it a punter was one of those arrested.

Assuming their was no trafficking or coercion involved and all the women were WGs out of choice the holier than thou tone of the police makes me chuckle because as we know in many areas such brothels are allowed to operate despite being wholly illegal.

Consentual adults offering and paying for sex, its the crime of the century, not.

Edited by smiths

... the holier than thou tone of the police makes me chuckle because as we know in many areas such brothels are allowed to operate despite being wholly illegal.

Inspector Vicky Lawrance, of the City ward Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “The running of brothels is a form of anti-social behaviour and it is important we disrupt those involved and prevent their activities from continuing. We are not prepared to accept the negative effects it can have.”

I assume that Vicky has an English phrase-book from which she generated this chain of non sequitur? The Sergeants' Exam (which, presumably, she passed before making Skipper) used to require a certain level of basic literacy.

Edited by Irgendeiner

Inspector Vicky Lawrance, of the City ward Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “The running of brothels is a form of anti-social behaviour and it is important we disrupt those involved and prevent their activities from continuing. We are not prepared to accept the negative effects it can have.”

I assume that Vicky has an English phrase-book from which she generated this chain of non sequitur? The Sergeants' Exam (which, presumably, she passed before making Skipper) used to require a certain level of basic literacy.

A faint odour of some "proceeds of crime" about to be banked by the police.

I'd love to hear precise reasons to justify this assertion.

Assuming, reasonably I think, that all activities took place indoors between consenting adults, then what is the anti-social behaviour? Could it be noise, or litter at a push? or just possibly the number of visitors if it were to a domestic premises. Having said that, there are many so called legitimate businesses that cause far more public nuisance and inconvenience to their neighbours which seem to be widely tolerated by the police, just look at the blind eye turned to the manner in which many licensed establishments, pubs, clubs, takeaways etc. are operated.

The article says they were small terraced houses, so I think plod may have been justified. Whether or not the behaviour was anti-social, that is not the place for a knocking shop.

Some years ago I was in a distant land, where there was a pair of semi-dets just beside the Cathedral. The two semi-dets shared a porch.

One semi was the residence of the Senior Magistrate,

the other was the residence, and working premises, of the local whore!

I don't recall either suggesting to the other that anything was "anti-social"! Nobody from the Cathedral made any comment, either.

They may not have been causing a nuisance as such but there must have been loads of men turning up at all hours. I still don't think a small terraced house in some Bradford street is the right place for such an enterprise.

They may not have been causing a nuisance as such but there must have been loads of men turning up at all hours. I still don't think a small terraced house in some Bradford street is the right place for such an enterprise.

Surely that would depend how the brothell was run, and the men attending. Do brothells have men turning up at all hours?

pubs and takeaways are more likely to cause a nuisance than a brothel

There are some quite well known swinger's clubs in premises which would be described as being part of a residential terrace. These are often open all night, and have smoking areas outside..

Friends of mine lived on a terraced street which had a brothel on it. Neither they nor most of the other residents were opposed to the place in principle, but they did object to to the noise of slamming car doors and general racket that went on throughout the night and eventually drew up a petition to get it closed.

Pubs and takeaways don't stay open all night and tend not to be located in the middle of quiet residential streets.