Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Curious Rose

Drug Resistant Gonorrhoea

11 posts in this topic

Yeah, I read that too and was going to start a worrying alarmist thread but you beat me to it :unsure:

Can these super-clever Scientists with massive IQ's please hurry up and figure out how to make Crocodile blood safe and compatible for human consumption because it Obliterates super bugs!

Yeah, I read that too and was going to start a worrying alarmist thread but you beat me to it :unsure:

Nobody out alarmists me.

Nobody out alarmists me.

Alarmistness yes...

But the quote from the report

if you have urethral gonorrhoea and you go to the toilet to pass urine, it would be like passing razor blades.

Makes me grab tightly to my nether regions quicker than seeing Keira Knightley in nothing but white cotton socks....... (you have one guess as to which one Id rather have)

And theres no cure for either!

Edited by Overworked

It is worrying.. Last time it was reported it had not hit the UK but it appears it now has :(

Is this, not so good news, going to affect how punters and WGs conduct themselves? If OWO is practiced, will you now cover up?

Is this, not so good news, going to affect how punters and WGs conduct themselves? If OWO is practiced, will you now cover up?

I'm already an advocate of OW. I'll be sticking to my guns, as ever.

Edited by Curious Rose

I'm already an advocate of OW. I'll be sticking to my guns, as ever.

Why thank you very much. <blush> Oh wait... you mean oral with dont you not OverWorked.... :(

Its your choice for OW, but isnt it the same case if a guy wants to give RO and will now need to use a dental dam?

Why thank you very much. <blush> Oh wait... you mean oral with dont you not OverWorked.... :(

Its your choice for OW, but isnt it the same case if a guy wants to give RO and will now need to use a dental dam?

Not at all. I keep dental dams around for gents who want to use them (though I've not been asked yet) but the reality is that oral sex on a woman is about as low-risk as you can go. Physiologically, it's much harder to catch something this way whether you're giving or receiving. These infections live at the back of the throat, not on the tongue or lips, so it's hard to pick them up unless you're scraping the back of the throat with your genitals (very difficult, if you're a woman). And the giver is even less at risk because women carry infections much higher up (around the cervix, a good 7 or more inches away from your mouth) and will have much less of the pathogen in their fluids than an infected man would have anyway.

When I talk about what I've been doing with female partners at the GUM, they don't even ask about oral sex on women, only about whether we're being sharing toys etc without washing them or putting a fresh condom over. They're looking for ways in which things might be drawn out from the cervix. Oral isn't going to do that.

It wont affect me, i started punting when AIDS was in the news every day and that awful thing didnt put me off so this certainly wont and from requiring OWO at every punt, wanking is more fun to me than OW so thats a never again in this lifetime. As ever i will continue to go to the GUM quartely and punt on a risk to reward basis.